Author Topic: Briles > Snyder  (Read 195033 times)

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Briles > Snyder
« Reply #1075 on: October 31, 2016, 10:34:51 PM »
I don't believe anything will be done in regards to Baylor.  Sadly.

Unfortunately, I hate saying it in despise of NCAA & Baylor, but you're probably right. They only care about making money and not the integrity of the game or the students.

This is a perfect example of the NCAA (or the Big 12 for that matter) to intervene and drop the hammer on them and say "Hey, this $*!% is getting old quick. Give us that Pepper Hamilton report (in full, no redacted's), cease the posturing and hypocritical Mickey Mouse BS, and get your Title IX in order, or we'll just go to a different direction due to the sheer egregiousness of the misconducts that was/is occurring." And make it stick this time without any rescinds.

If Baylor still thinks they're untouchable (based on the way they're acting currently, other than throwing some guys under the bus), then just put the death penalty, "unequivocally", on the table as one of the sanctions. I'm not sure you could call Baylor's corrective actions "swift" or applied correctly/fairly to have the death penalty off the table at this point.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 01, 2016, 07:49:58 AM »
college football money has gotten too big.  It drives the bus.  Needs to be separated from the school somehow.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 01, 2016, 08:52:20 AM »

Unfortunately, I hate saying it in despise of NCAA & Baylor, but you're probably right. They only care about making money and not the integrity of the game or the students.

This is a perfect example of the NCAA (or the Big 12 for that matter) to intervene and drop the hammer on them and say "Hey, this $*!% is getting old quick. Give us that Pepper Hamilton report (in full, no redacted's), cease the posturing and hypocritical Mickey Mouse BS, and get your Title IX in order, or we'll just go to a different direction due to the sheer egregiousness of the misconducts that was/is occurring." And make it stick this time without any rescinds.

If Baylor still thinks they're untouchable (based on the way they're acting currently, other than throwing some guys under the bus), then just put the death penalty, "unequivocally", on the table as one of the sanctions. I'm not sure you could call Baylor's corrective actions "swift" or applied correctly/fairly to have the death penalty off the table at this point.

This.  Plus tie into the resignation of the gal brought in to clean up the Title IX mess at Baylor, and the resistance she met after their shitty treatment of rape victims was exposed.  Baylor has gotten away with a lot, and has not had to pay a price, except for some bad press.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 01, 2016, 11:12:12 AM »

This.  Plus tie into the resignation of the gal brought in to clean up the Title IX mess at Baylor, and the resistance she met after their shitty treatment of rape victims was exposed.  Baylor has gotten away with a lot, and has not had to pay a price, except for some bad press.

Quite frankly, this is a bullshit way of looking at this.  They had their chance to clean up their act after the first 5 or 10 rapes.  Stop and think about that. They let this go on and on and on.  The only thing the NCAA should be considering is a death penalty for the football program (as I said I would love to see the entire AD) and the only consideration should be how long their program is shut down.  We are so far beyond different options of punishments being 'on the table', it's insane to consider anything but ending their program for a decade.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 01, 2016, 11:14:54 AM »
scary to think about living in a world where football and money are more important than multiple women being assaulted.

eff baylor, waco and everything they have done

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: November 01, 2016, 11:19:23 AM »
How can you guys think the NCAA believes that raping women is worse than raping kids?  If they do anything, it will be a slap on the wrist compared to what Penn State got.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 01, 2016, 11:26:03 AM »
How can you guys think the NCAA believes that raping women is worse than raping kids?  If they do anything, it will be a slap on the wrist compared to what Penn State got.
That's a good point, but I think the scope of those who knew is larger at Baylor than it was at Penn State.  I can believe that very few knew at Penn State. At Baylor it seems highly unlikely that anyone on the coaching staff would be unaware of what was going on. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 01, 2016, 11:29:54 AM »
Who was the highest ranking person to know in either situation?  I can't remember.  To me that matters more than how many knew.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 01, 2016, 09:21:34 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 01, 2016, 09:32:06 PM »
JFC!  They could have started this site two years ago and it wouldn't have changed their agenda.  Bullshit is as bullshit does.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 01, 2016, 09:46:02 PM »
I still maintain that the Feds burned the wrong complex down in '93.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 01, 2016, 09:50:36 PM »
With a Clinton getting back in the Oval Office maybe they will finish the job

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 01, 2016, 09:54:01 PM »
Who was the highest ranking person to know in either situation?  I can't remember.  To me that matters more than how many knew.
As near as I can recall the president at Baylor knew, and Joe Paterno and campus law enforcement at Penn State.  I could be absolutely wrong about that though.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1088 on: November 01, 2016, 10:10:23 PM »
Also, the rapist at penn state was a coach who used university facilities to lure child victims into his rape den of terror over a period of decades.

The rapists at baylor are some jerkoff roided out jocks rage-raping coeds in drunken stupers. I.e., ncaa standard conduct for p5 athletes since 1952, sadly.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 01, 2016, 10:36:14 PM »
Also, the rapist at penn state was a coach who used university facilities to lure child victims into his rape den of terror over a period of decades.

The rapists at baylor are some jerkoff roided out jocks rage-raping coeds in drunken stupers. I.e., ncaa standard conduct for p5 athletes since 1952, sadly.
Why the 1952 date?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 02, 2016, 01:06:30 AM »

But my understanding is that roided jerk off was reported to the police and university whereas Pedo lion was not. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 02, 2016, 08:12:43 AM »

But my understanding is that roided jerk off was reported to the police and university whereas Pedo lion was not.

The rapes were reported to Paterno and he sent them up the chain to the president. Then nobody did anything.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 02, 2016, 08:34:58 AM »
-----------------

"Anyone who has had firsthand experience of sexual assault understands that many victims go through a deep sense of shame, guilt and fear. Some may be afraid that no one will listen to them or believe them or that they will be the targets of retaliation. These incidents may leave lifelong scars. This is the reason we are working so hard to remove barriers to reporting and to provide a supportive environment for our students.

That Baylor did not respond as a caring Christian community to those who were hurt grieves all of us – regents, administrators, faculty and staff. On behalf of everyone at Baylor, I want to apologize again to the victims and their families. I will do all I can to ensure this never happens again."  D. Garland, Interim Prez

----------------------

Wow....  what crap.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 02, 2016, 08:48:14 AM »
Bast-tards will do anything to get back to the way it was; so if bullshit works, then bullshit it will be.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1094 on: November 03, 2016, 10:22:35 PM »

Pedo was definitely reported to people at the University far more significant that campus pd
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: November 04, 2016, 07:07:14 AM »
Bast-tards will do anything to get back to the way it was; so if bullshit works, then bullshit it will be.

Exactly. Baylor has consistently shown that they plan to only do the bare minimum, if that, as they deal with this scandal. They deserve the death penalty more than SMU or Penn State ever did.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 04, 2016, 08:19:04 AM »

Exactly. Baylor has consistently shown that they plan to only do the bare minimum, if that, as they deal with this scandal. They deserve the death penalty more than SMU or Penn State ever did.

Even though deserved, NCAA does not have the sack to do death penalty. NCAA penalty should be three year bowl ban and loss of a scholly for each reported incident for 3 years. B12 penalty GTFO of conference.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 09, 2016, 10:22:29 AM »
I kind of like Finebaum. Mostly just covers SEC, but he tells college football fans how it is and what needs to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 09, 2016, 10:38:41 AM »
I don't get the his motivation of his sudden outrage. Baylor being a POS is not new news. Where was to outrage months ago?