Author Topic: Another One For Our Guy Daniel  (Read 162869 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Another One For Our Guy Daniel
« Reply #800 on: May 13, 2014, 02:22:58 PM »
3. All of our defense is new. ("Hey Stevesie, it was all new before Sams left") Oh right, but it got me thinking. What about when #H30 either goes 3 and out a few times in a row, or scores on the first of second play of scrimmage a few times in a row, or turns it right over as soon as he touches it a few times in a row? We can't run some time off the clock to give our defense a break by giving Sams a go. We can't hand it off to a trusted back a for a sustained drive. We can't do anything at all, really. So Bill had better be conditioning the hell out of all of our defensive players.

crap. completely forgot how bad were going to be if we score in 30 seconds every time we get the ball.

If  I remember the OU game correctly, and it's very possible I don't, it was always one or the other. And we lost by 2 scores.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=333272306&period=1

jake had 1 3 and out against OU on the road, as many as sams did. he scored on 3 drives in a row and our defense only gave up 10 points on the drives after. we didnt score to start the 3rd quarter and their offense had a couple of long drives that resulted in a FG and then a bad punt from our 3 that ended up in our end zone right after. we were playing in norman, and we lost the momentum after failing to score and they had an awesome special teams play on our mistake. really had nothing to do with trading 21 points for 10 in the second quarter...

if you wanna say our defense was too tired from the 2nd quarter thats one thing, but they gave up 3 points on 2 drives in the second half, imo. gave up a TD from our 3 and they scored on an INT return. the INT is on jake for sure, but the defense didnt struggle in the second half and definitely not because waters scored too fast. thats just dumb.

Well I obviously can't believe a word you say since you don't even know where the game was played.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 13, 2014, 02:23:59 PM »
3. All of our defense is new. ("Hey Stevesie, it was all new before Sams left") Oh right, but it got me thinking. What about when #H30 either goes 3 and out a few times in a row, or scores on the first of second play of scrimmage a few times in a row, or turns it right over as soon as he touches it a few times in a row? We can't run some time off the clock to give our defense a break by giving Sams a go. We can't hand it off to a trusted back a for a sustained drive. We can't do anything at all, really. So Bill had better be conditioning the hell out of all of our defensive players.

crap. completely forgot how bad were going to be if we score in 30 seconds every time we get the ball.

If  I remember the OU game correctly, and it's very possible I don't, it was always one or the other. And we lost by 2 scores.

jake had 1 3 and out against OU on the road, as many as sams did. he scored on 3 drives in a row and our defense only gave up 10 points on the drives after. we didnt score to start the 3rd quarter and their offense had a couple of long drives that resulted in a FG and then a bad punt from our 3 that ended up in our end zone right after. we were playing in norman, and we lost the momentum after failing to score and they had an awesome special teams play on our mistake. really had nothing to do with trading 21 points for 10 in the second quarter...

if you wanna say our defense was too tired from the 2nd quarter thats one thing, but they gave up 3 points on 2 drives in the second half, imo. gave up a TD from our 3 and they scored on an INT return. the INT is on jake for sure, but the defense didnt struggle in the second half and definitely not because waters scored too fast. thats just dumb.

Are you an idiot, troll, both?

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 13, 2014, 02:24:20 PM »

Well I obviously can't believe a word you say since you don't even know where the game was played.

Yeah, what the heck?  :facepalm:
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 13, 2014, 02:24:30 PM »

Yeah, that's kind of a bad miss.

Is Stephen F. Austin any good? It would be pretty cool if he were in Manhattan to kick off the 2014 season, and he could hang out with Brad during the offseason.

He's not allowed to transfer there.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 13, 2014, 02:25:05 PM »
He should go to McNeese St.. Their starting QB graduated this past season and they finished the season ranked in the FCS Top 10. They also open the 2014 season in Lincoln.

Trying to find a depth chart from 2013, but Sam Houston State could also be a good option.  They just hired K.C. Keeler who led Delaware to an FCS championship in '03 and runners up in '07 & '10.   He's 11-3 in FCS playoffs.   

I know they were also a top 10 team for most of last year and lose their SR QB along with Flanders.  Not sure what they have coming back on defense or on the OL though.

Is Stephen F. Austin any good? It would be pretty cool if he were in Manhattan to kick off the 2014 season, and he could hang out with Brad during the offseason.
Brad won't be there.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 13, 2014, 02:27:13 PM »
lockett is def going to get hurt with h3o having his eyes locked on him the entire game
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 13, 2014, 02:27:21 PM »
We had 8 drives where we ran 4 plays or less vs OU and only 3 drives where we ran more. I think that played a large role in OU's offense being able to completely control the ball and the game in the second half.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #807 on: May 13, 2014, 02:27:31 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 13, 2014, 02:28:07 PM »
I think Lockett will stay healthy this year.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 13, 2014, 02:28:36 PM »
eff. mods, please ban me from this board.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #810 on: May 13, 2014, 02:29:12 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 13, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »
i wasnt at the game for some reason so i just assumed it was away. not that it matters. im still horribly embarrassed.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 13, 2014, 02:33:20 PM »
combo fanning season? idk. someone say something.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 13, 2014, 02:33:52 PM »
im not the same without you dan  :bawl:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 13, 2014, 02:35:55 PM »

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 13, 2014, 02:40:26 PM »

We gave up really long runs to a team that ended up handing it to Bama at the end of the year. Losing to OU by two scores totally means we suck and Waters is a piss poor QB!  :D

People seem to forget that Waters long bombs to Lockett were blown coverage/bad ass routes where he had to wait on the ball.. if covered half ass good all of them are INT's.  just saying.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 13, 2014, 02:43:47 PM »

We gave up really long runs to a team that ended up handing it to Bama at the end of the year. Losing to OU by two scores totally means we suck and Waters is a piss poor QB!  :D

People seem to forget that Waters long bombs to Lockett were blown coverage/bad ass routes where he had to wait on the ball.. if covered half ass good all of them are INT's.  just saying.

Only idiots negatively argue previous outcomes vs. hypothetical situations.

Just saying.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 13, 2014, 02:44:34 PM »
his stats are accurate. The problem wasn't quick scores, it was our inability to move the ball once OU took away the deep ball.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 13, 2014, 02:50:55 PM »
his stats are accurate. The problem wasn't quick scores, it was our inability to move the ball once OU took away the deep ball.

We didn't even really try to run the ball (22 attempts) and the running game we did have (1.1 YPC) was pathetic. Of course if we don't find a little more balance in the offense we will be in big trouble.

And our defense forgot how to defend zone read against OU.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 13, 2014, 02:52:52 PM »

We didn't even really try to run the ball (22 attempts) and the running game we did have (1.1 YPC) was pathetic. Of course if we don't find a little more balance in the offense we will be in big trouble.

And our defense forgot how to defend zone read against OU.

Tom Hayes's D has never remembered how to defend zone read w/o Zimmerman

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 13, 2014, 02:55:48 PM »

:facepalm: JFC! This talking point again...

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 13, 2014, 02:58:22 PM »

:D

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 13, 2014, 02:59:48 PM »

Should we expect to find more balance in the offense next year? Should we expect an improved running game?

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 13, 2014, 03:00:38 PM »

Should we expect to find more balance in the offense next year? Should we expect an improved running game?

I do.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 13, 2014, 03:03:56 PM »
If we are averaging 60 points per game, I would turn to the guy next to me and say "Sure, we are getting tons of points, but our defense would be a whole lot better with Daniel in the game eating clock. We aren't going to beat the good teams on the schedule if we can't get stops." :frown:

:frown: