Author Topic: Another One For Our Guy Daniel  (Read 165010 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Another One For Our Guy Daniel
« Reply #775 on: May 13, 2014, 01:04:41 PM »
Brand new tackles, no running back, terrible TEs and having a small wide receiver as your primary weapon with a quarterback who is terrible at short and intermediate passes sounds like a great combo.

Let's hope Lockett's yearly injury make him miss games against good teams and not the bad ones. We will need all hands on deck to beat the bottom of the conference this year.

Very worried about the early road game at Iowa State now that we won't be able to just run Sams to mask any early season rust/deficiencies and the UTEP game coming off the Auburn game. Season could be off the tracks when Tech shows up, which is a must win game for bowl eligibility. This season isn't split between good teams at the beginning of the schedule and terrible teams at the end like last year.

Sams leaving/Waters starting just put a ton of pressure on Derricott and Co. Our defense will be tested with as many sixty second three and outs we are going to see, especially in the first half as we wait for Waters to find his "rhythm". There might to be a lot of multiple score deficits this year at half time.

this is a pretty great meltdown post

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 13, 2014, 01:23:28 PM »
Brand new tackles, no running back, terrible TEs and having a small wide receiver as your primary weapon with a quarterback who is terrible at short and intermediate passes sounds like a great combo.

Let's hope Lockett's yearly injury make him miss games against good teams and not the bad ones. We will need all hands on deck to beat the bottom of the conference this year.

Very worried about the early road game at Iowa State now that we won't be able to just run Sams to mask any early season rust/deficiencies and the UTEP game coming off the Auburn game. Season could be off the tracks when Tech shows up, which is a must win game for bowl eligibility. This season isn't split between good teams at the beginning of the schedule and terrible teams at the end like last year.

Sams leaving/Waters starting just put a ton of pressure on Derricott and Co. Our defense will be tested with as many sixty second three and outs we are going to see, especially in the first half as we wait for Waters to find his "rhythm". There might to be a lot of multiple score deficits this year at half time.

:drool: MOAR

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 13, 2014, 01:35:24 PM »
He should go to McNeese St.. Their starting QB graduated this past season and they finished the season ranked in the FCS Top 10. They also open the 2014 season in Lincoln.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 13, 2014, 01:42:19 PM »
He should go to McNeese St.. Their starting QB graduated this past season and they finished the season ranked in the FCS Top 10. They also open the 2014 season in Lincoln.

:love:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 13, 2014, 01:43:34 PM »
oh man...Sams clowning those fools in Nebraska... :love:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: May 13, 2014, 01:49:52 PM »
I went through my meltdown last night and was thinking fairly clearly after some sleep, but now I'm convinced we're worse off than I thought we were even last night.

1. Lockett is going to get hurt. How often do players get injured two years in a row and not their third? Never, that's how often.

2. We have zero running game. New RB's aside, the coaching staff sure can't run Waters near as much as last year, if at all. If he gets injured or gets beaten down throughout the season, we're screwed.

3. All of our defense is new. ("Hey Stevesie, it was all new before Sams left") Oh right, but it got me thinking. What about when #H30 either goes 3 and out a few times in a row, or scores on the first of second play of scrimmage a few times in a row, or turns it right over as soon as he touches it a few times in a row? We can't run some time off the clock to give our defense a break by giving Sams a go. We can't hand it off to a trusted back a for a sustained drive. We can't do anything at all, really. So Bill had better be conditioning the hell out of all of our defensive players.

We're screwed. Let's go ahead and start prepping for the return of Marcus Foster and the Wild Wildcats.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 13, 2014, 01:52:02 PM »

:love:

Southeastern LA was also Top 10, but they return a really good QB who transferred from Oregon. Other FCS options are Grambling, Nicholls State, Northwestern State, and Southern.

Southern is pretty good too and their QB graduated, but SWAC schools don't play in the FCS playoffs.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 13, 2014, 01:52:27 PM »
3. All of our defense is new. ("Hey Stevesie, it was all new before Sams left") Oh right, but it got me thinking. What about when #H30 either goes 3 and out a few times in a row, or scores on the first of second play of scrimmage a few times in a row, or turns it right over as soon as he touches it a few times in a row? We can't run some time off the clock to give our defense a break by giving Sams a go. We can't hand it off to a trusted back a for a sustained drive. We can't do anything at all, really. So Bill had better be conditioning the hell out of all of our defensive players.

crap. completely forgot how bad were going to be if we score in 30 seconds every time we get the ball.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 13, 2014, 01:54:02 PM »
I can't believe you guys do that to yourselves. Sounds like a waste of time and unneeded anxiety.  :frown:

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 13, 2014, 01:55:40 PM »

crap. completely forgot how bad were going to be if we score in 30 seconds every time we get the ball.

yeah, that sure is going to suck.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 13, 2014, 01:57:14 PM »

If  I remember the OU game correctly, and it's very possible I don't, it was always one or the other. And we lost by 2 scores.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 13, 2014, 02:01:52 PM »
:flush:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 13, 2014, 02:02:07 PM »

If  I remember the OU game correctly, and it's very possible I don't, it was always one or the other. And we lost by 2 scores.

We gave up really long runs to a team that ended up handing it to Bama at the end of the year. Losing to OU by two scores totally means we suck and Waters is a piss poor QB!  :D
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 13, 2014, 02:03:02 PM »

Trying to find a depth chart from 2013, but Sam Houston State could also be a good option.  They just hired K.C. Keeler who led Delaware to an FCS championship in '03 and runners up in '07 & '10.   He's 11-3 in FCS playoffs.   

I know they were also a top 10 team for most of last year and lose their SR QB along with Flanders.  Not sure what they have coming back on defense or on the OL though.

bears are fast...

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 13, 2014, 02:03:19 PM »

this is a pretty great meltdown post

Yep. Finally a good one. "Sixty second three-and-outs". There will be some tense moments.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 13, 2014, 02:04:30 PM »

we're about as good in a shootout as...i dunno...a storm trooper?
pew pew pew

pew

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 13, 2014, 02:04:53 PM »
I can't believe you guys do that to yourselves. Sounds like a waste of time and unneeded anxiety.  :frown:

Actually, some people find it cathartic to meltdown. It's not that hard if you just let the meltdown flow.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 13, 2014, 02:06:05 PM »

Yup, remembering it better now. We were tied at half, right? And then our defense got too tired to keep up? That's Breaking Bad-esque foreshadowing for our upcoming season.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 13, 2014, 02:07:52 PM »

wherever he goes i hope he gets a crack at NDSU and just runs roughshod all over their jabroni candy asses.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 13, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »
We're so mumped. Teams will know exactly what we're going to do every game. We have one play maker surrounded by a bunch of solid five hearts. BS has never done anything significant without a dual-threat. This would be enough problems by itself but we don't even have any running backs. We are basically placing the entire season on the back of a guy who's best game came against a Michigan team that didn't even want to be there. Oh my god. We are screwed.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: May 13, 2014, 02:18:44 PM »
That's a good one, too, Benja!  :thumbs:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 13, 2014, 02:20:37 PM »

http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=333272306&period=1

jake had 1 3 and out against OU on the road, as many as sams did. he scored on 3 drives in a row and our defense only gave up 10 points on the drives after. we didnt score to start the 3rd quarter and their offense had a couple of long drives that resulted in a FG and then a bad punt from our 3 that ended up in our end zone right after. we were playing in norman, and we lost the momentum after failing to score and they had an awesome special teams play on our mistake. really had nothing to do with trading 21 points for 10 in the second quarter...

if you wanna say our defense was too tired from the 2nd quarter thats one thing, but they gave up 3 points on 2 drives in the second half, imo. gave up a TD from our 3 and they scored on an INT return. the INT is on jake for sure, but the defense didnt struggle in the second half and definitely not because waters scored too fast. thats just dumb.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 13, 2014, 02:20:55 PM »
That's a good one, too, Benja!  :thumbs:

Thanks man. It was ok.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 13, 2014, 02:21:23 PM »
Gonna be like 2010 but without DT to carry the load?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 13, 2014, 02:22:36 PM »

Trying to find a depth chart from 2013, but Sam Houston State could also be a good option.  They just hired K.C. Keeler who led Delaware to an FCS championship in '03 and runners up in '07 & '10.   He's 11-3 in FCS playoffs.   

I know they were also a top 10 team for most of last year and lose their SR QB along with Flanders.  Not sure what they have coming back on defense or on the OL though.

Is Stephen F. Austin any good? It would be pretty cool if he were in Manhattan to kick off the 2014 season, and he could hang out with Brad during the offseason.