Author Topic: would adding more goals to the 16 goals = more wins for the cats?  (Read 5638 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Re: would adding more goals to the 16 goals = more wins for the cats?
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
the people arguing for fewer goals can eff right off. maybe luther should have settled for 7 or 8 theses, huh fellas? GMAFB.

#teammoregoals

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 02:18:19 PM »

Whenever I reach a goal, I cross that one off my list and set a new, higher goal. If you aren't achieving your goals, then you just aren't being realistic imo. Adding more unatainable goals isn't going to help you either.

Now, if we're talking adding some easily attainable goals to boost confidence and moral...That, I might be able to get on board with. #babysteps
thing is that a new goal could make achieving the other goals easier

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 02:20:24 PM »
I think we should have 85 goals, one for each scholarship athlete. Technically, we should have 86 goals. The goal for all walk ons should be to earn a scholarship.

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 02:24:15 PM »

Whenever I reach a goal, I cross that one off my list and set a new, higher goal. If you aren't achieving your goals, then you just aren't being realistic imo. Adding more unatainable goals isn't going to help you either.

Now, if we're talking adding some easily attainable goals to boost confidence and moral...That, I might be able to get on board with. #babysteps

I'm not gonna lie, you blew my mind right there 'clams. Gonna ponder this for a bit.  :eek:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 02:36:56 PM »
I think we should have 85 goals, one for each scholarship athlete. Technically, we should have 86 goals. The goal for all walk ons should be to earn a scholarship.

Everyone should be forced to memorize everyone else's goal.  If you are a walk-on, you have to pass a test where you have to name every other player's goal correctly, before you earn that scholarship.  That's the 86th goal.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 02:37:14 PM »

I'm not gonna lie, you blew my mind right there 'clams. Gonna ponder this for a bit.  :eek:

Goal 19: Run faster knowing that your shoes won't fly off. 
--See goal 38--
Goal 38: Tie your shoes a little tighter and use a granny knot.
--We'll cut your laces off after the game--

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 02:39:27 PM »
Guys should quiz each other on other guys' goals all the time.

Like you are walking across campus and you see Zimmerman and you just yell "Josh Hubner" and he yells back at you "Get a B+ in Algebra" (which is obviously Hubner's goal), for example.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 02:42:04 PM »
Players should have to sit down and write a handwritten letter to Bill every Sunday explaining just what they have been doing over the past 7 days to help each of their teammates reach their goal and what they need to do to get better. These papers should be 20 pages minimum, but the expectation should be more like 25 pages.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2013, 02:42:54 PM »
TLBL:  "BJ Finney!"

Daniel Sams: (rolling his eyes) "Try every kind of wing sauce at BW3."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
Seems like a lot of you guys don't understand extrinsic vs intrinsic motivation. Extrinsic values are for the weak.

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »
Seems like a lot of you guys don't understand extrinsic vs intrinsic motivation. Extrinsic values are for the weak.

With wins/trophies being like THE ultimate extrinsic goal, I'm not sure where you're going with this. Unless...you're saying that if we work towards all these intrinsic goals then the extrinsic ones will take care of themselves. Is that what you're saying hciw_FAN? It's like we got so caught up in #Titletown, that we all forgot what we did to get here in the first place... This is gonna be hard isn't it?  :frown:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 03:48:41 PM »
What if we used the 16 goals on giant poster board things as a way to call plays? You know how like Oregon will hold up a picture of Woody Woodpecker and it means "run play for a touchdown" and then they execute the play? We could do that. Have the neek in charge of holding up the signs.

This would serve two purposes: 1. Continue to emphasize the goals, even during games. 2. Help the Cats win*

*Probably wouldn't help us win FWIW

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »
The band should design formations that spell out the goals word for word for a halftime show.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2013, 03:50:58 PM »
We should quit calling touchdowns touchdowns and call them GOALS

:lynchmob:

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2013, 03:53:03 PM »
What if we used the 16 goals on giant poster board things as a way to call plays? You know how like Oregon will hold up a picture of Woody Woodpecker and it means "run play for a touchdown" and then they execute the play? We could do that. Have the neek in charge of holding up the signs.

This would serve two purposes: 1. Continue to emphasize the goals, even during games. 2. Help the Cats win*

What if all we do is run 16 plays off of 1 board. Whoever is taking the snap can read it like the dollar menu at Mcdonalds
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2013, 03:54:42 PM »
Quote from: Wyatt Thompson
Sams in the shotgun, rolling to the right, THROWS DOWNFIELD TO LOCKETT! He's at the 15, 10, 5..................

WILDCAT GOAL!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2013, 03:55:56 PM »

What if all we do is run 16 plays off of 1 board. Whoever is taking the snap can read it like the dollar menu at Mcdonalds

16 plays is perfect. I only needed like 8  to win a super bowl, a TECMO super bowl that is.

catzacker

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2013, 03:56:03 PM »

Like you are walking across campus and you see Zimmerman and you just yell "Josh Hubner" and he yells back at you "Get a B+ in Algebra" (which is obviously Hubner's goal), for example.

I like this idea, but let me tweak it a little.  When you see a teammate doing something wrong you ask him to “Pick a Goal”. 

For example, Jake is throwing a tantrum on the sidelines at the OSU game after coming in to the game and immediately fumbling, Sams comes up to him and says “Pick a Goal”.  Jake responds “Eliminate Mistakes”. 

Or another example, the team says to Bill, “Pick a Goal” and Bill says “Leadership”.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2013, 04:04:22 PM »
We should quit calling touchdowns touchdowns and call them GOALS

:lynchmob:

WILDCAT DEFENSE HOLDS THE OPPOSING OFFENSE TO NIL  :lynchmob:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2013, 04:16:45 PM »
LOVE - 49

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2013, 04:38:43 PM »
Goal #17, in the face of defeat write a hand written letter congratulating your opponent

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2013, 05:13:50 PM »
the 16 goals are painted in the middle of the new west side, correct? maybe we dont add a goal or two because the paint has already dried on the first 16? maybe we should have done one of those scrolling boards with the goals on them so they could get updated every time we add or change a goal?

like this:

idk. maybe we ran out of money. just trying to #4 improve here.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2013, 06:12:01 PM »

I like this idea, but let me tweak it a little.  When you see a teammate doing something wrong you ask him to “Pick a Goal”. 

For example, Jake is throwing a tantrum on the sidelines at the OSU game after coming in to the game and immediately fumbling, Sams comes up to him and says “Pick a Goal”.  Jake responds “Eliminate Mistakes”. 

Or another example, the team says to Bill, “Pick a Goal” and Bill says “Leadership”.
  lol

Offline W.Churchill

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2013, 07:18:32 PM »
I'm not gonna lie....this thread is a perfect example of why I take the time to come on here. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »

With wins/trophies being like THE ultimate extrinsic goal, I'm not sure where you're going with this. Unless...you're saying that if we work towards all these intrinsic goals then the extrinsic ones will take care of themselves. Is that what you're saying hciw_FAN? It's like we got so caught up in #Titletown, that we all forgot what we did to get here in the first place... This is gonna be hard isn't it?  :frown:

You learn well; if you truly seek the intrinsic, then the extrinsic will take care of themselves. Its clear this team has some intrinsic problems that may take some time to work out, so yes it could be difficult.

But that's why you keep sawing wood, rowing the boat, and cheering on the Cats...