Author Topic: Quit It  (Read 13234 times)

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
Re: Quit It
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2013, 02:11:29 PM »
I can argue with 14-4 quite easily, actually.

This proves my point that many of you would rather be proven right than to see a coach you don't like to have success.  Hey, I agree with everybody:  Currie is a weasel, and Weber was a horrible hire.  That said, the guy went 14-4 last year in conference, and tied for the championship.  If Weber continues to get those types of results, I would be thrilled to support him.  Considering his track record, we should be careful going forward.  But, you have to admit that 14-4 is a huge success.

So would I, and pretty much everybody here.  This whole mindset of everyone at gE wants K-State to lose so they can be right is so flawed and beyond stupid it barely warrants a response.  Here's the problem, Weber is not going to continue to get those results.  That writing has been on the wall for a some time now.
@lopakman

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2013, 02:14:05 PM »
At this point, the staff is just too proud to make the switch. They will wait until next year and say that Sams improved tremendously in the off season. I am holding out a little hope that they try to pull this in the buy (I hung out with Wacky this last weekend :tongue:) week...if Snyder is quoted late this week as saying something like, "By and large, Daniel is improving every day and is putting in the effort," or "our practices have been very intense and there are a lot of youngsters showing some things that they haven't to this point," then there is a chance that maybe he starts Sams vs. OSU. He can then say, "Daniel has made tremendous improvements since the start of the season and especially since the week leading up to the Texas game, so he earned the opportunity." The <insert word = "tucks" here> will eat that crap up.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:17:11 PM by dobber »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2013, 02:15:17 PM »
well, what if our running QB option was you, or me?

Well, he wouldn't be much of a running QB, then, would he? JFC.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2013, 02:22:05 PM »

This proves my point that many of you would rather be proven right than to see a coach you don't like to have success.  Hey, I agree with everybody:  Currie is a weasel, and Weber was a horrible hire.  That said, the guy went 14-4 last year in conference, and tied for the championship.  If Weber continues to get those types of results, I would be thrilled to support him.  Considering his track record, we should be careful going forward.  But, you have to admit that 14-4 is a huge success.

It's still football season right?

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2013, 02:55:14 PM »

It's still football season right?

Everything going forward will deal with #burnitdown. It was the most recent major line in the sand.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2013, 03:03:12 PM »
I always love the "I'm not a tuck, but..." and then they're always total tucks. I giggle at our fan base trying to deny their undying tuckishness

Like I said above, I will play the role of tuck on this board, when I think it is needed.

Here is what cracks me up.  Everybody criticizes tucks for the uniform way in which they respond to a situation:  As fans, with blind trust that the administrators of KSU will make the right decision.  Everybody on here takes the opposite response:  As shareholders who demand answers.  But, it turns that everybody here is just as predictable and uniform in their thinking.  "Burn it down!"  "Run him out of town!"  This board's thinking has just as much of a herd's mentality as the tuck's board.  Which means both boards are going to frequently be wrong.  This time, it is this board that is wrong in the reaction to our 2-2 start.

Also ironic:  The tucks on gopowercat give more money and have more of a right to take the shareholder approach.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2013, 03:06:26 PM »
You tell 'em steffy. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2013, 03:07:13 PM »
Also ironic:  The tucks on gopowercat give more money and have more of a right to take the shareholder approach.

Link?

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2013, 03:07:54 PM »

Link?

Virus
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2013, 03:09:26 PM »
At this point, the staff is just too proud to make the switch. They will wait until next year and say that Sams improved tremendously in the off season. I am holding out a little hope that they try to pull this in the buy (I hung out with Wacky this last weekend :tongue:) week...if Snyder is quoted late this week as saying something like, "By and large, Daniel is improving every day and is putting in the effort," or "our practices have been very intense and there are a lot of youngsters showing some things that they haven't to this point," then there is a chance that maybe he starts Sams vs. OSU. He can then say, "Daniel has made tremendous improvements since the start of the season and especially since the week leading up to the Texas game, so he earned the opportunity." The <insert word = "tucks" here> will eat that crap up.

The concern about the staff being wrong and refusing to admit it (my criticism of people on this board) is interesting, but I really don't think they will do that.  Snyder has always proven to be very practical:  do what works; keep doing it; when it doesn't, try something different.  He has a huge ego in that he likes to win, but I don't think he has the type of ego that would rather lose games than admit he was wrong about something.  I don't think it is staff's pride that is keeping Sams off the field.  The coaches think that he doesn't give us the best chance to win.  But, they will continue to evaluate and adjust.  The adjustment, though, might mean Waters getting the majority of the snaps but running less.  That is my prediction, but I would be beyond thrilled if Sams showed the ability to make decent decisions in the passing game (remembering that he is only a soph, and that he has so much upside in the QB run game).

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »
Half-tuck it like Beckham.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2013, 03:11:05 PM »

Link?

He/she's talking to all the money they give to Fitz for the worst recruiting coverage in the Big 12.
@lopakman

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2013, 03:12:22 PM »

Link?

Yeah, let me get those demographic stats for you right away.  I am sure they are easily accessible somewhere.

You know I am right, though.  People who tuck their shirt in make more than the non-tuckers.  Everybody knows it.  Most people on this board will someday to grow up to be a tuck, too.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2013, 03:13:58 PM »
data point: I make mad stacks and my brooks brothers non-iron is currently tucked in.

Offline Harry Dunne

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2013, 03:18:00 PM »
Yeah, let me get those demographic stats for you right away.  I am sure they are easily accessible somewhere.

You know I am right, though.  People who tuck their shirt in make more than the non-tuckers.  Everybody knows it.  Most people on this board will someday to grow up to be a tuck, too.

No, no you are not.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »

Link?

Dumbasses with no critical thinking ability usually make less money. Not always, but usually.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2013, 03:19:20 PM »
OMG, this is the poor board!?  Gross. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2013, 03:31:41 PM »
OMG, this is the poor board!?  Gross.
Mowing those lawns just doesn't pay for crap....ask oscar.
One day, when we all graduate high school and get out in the real world with the ability to put in 40 hours/wk at the local GM plant, we can work our way up for 20 years and get to a point where we are making $75-80 THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR!!!! Then what? THIS BOARD WON'T BE THE POOR BOARD THEN!! :curse: :curse:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2013, 03:34:06 PM »

Link?

You know I am right, though.  People who tuck their shirt in make more than the non-tuckers.  Everybody knows it. Most people on this board will someday to grow up to be a tuck, too.

we're young and poor?  what a terrible way to go through life.  i feel sorry for us.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2013, 03:39:32 PM »

The concern about the staff being wrong and refusing to admit it (my criticism of people on this board) is interesting, but I really don't think they will do that.  Snyder has always proven to be very practical:  do what works; keep doing it; when it doesn't, try something different.  He has a huge ego in that he likes to win, but I don't think he has the type of ego that would rather lose games than admit he was wrong about something.  I don't think it is staff's pride that is keeping Sams off the field.  The coaches think that he doesn't give us the best chance to win.  But, they will continue to evaluate and adjust.  The adjustment, though, might mean Waters getting the majority of the snaps but running less.  That is my prediction, but I would be beyond thrilled if Sams showed the ability to make decent decisions in the passing game (remembering that he is only a soph, and that he has so much upside in the QB run game).

I think there is some separation from the coach's opinions regarding Sams, and it's not just evident from the Snyder press conference. 

Directly from someone who's on the headsets during the games (A+ source)... We lost the Texas game because Dimel won't let Sams throw.  Snyder is a big fan of Sams, throwing and running, but he doesn't really make too many decisions on the personnel or play calling anymore.  I would expect that to change soon.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2013, 03:51:38 PM »

I think there is some separation from the coach's opinions regarding Sams, and it's not just evident from the Snyder press conference. 

Directly from someone who's on the headsets during the games (A+ source)... We lost the Texas game because Dimel won't let Sams throw.  Snyder is a big fan of Sams, throwing and running, but he doesn't really make too many decisions on the personnel or play calling anymore.  I would expect that to change soon.

eff Dimel then....
@mikec2w

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2013, 04:01:07 PM »

eff Dimel then....

Yeah!

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »

eff Dimel then....

Yeah!

@mikec2w

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2013, 04:11:02 PM »
Are you guys sure it wasn't Miller who refuses to let Sams pass? Everything I've heard prior to this points to Del as the culprit. If Dana doesn't like Sams either, then I guess it's time to clean house upstairs.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2013, 04:28:03 PM »
A+ Source said Dimel.  I am sure it's both.