Author Topic: +7  (Read 10562 times)

Offline MeatGeeKSU

• Fan
  • One man's villain is another man's hero, captain
    • View Profile
Re: +7
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2013, 12:04:41 AM »
Our defense isn't exactly setting the world on fire, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that they are that much worse than last year's team, who gave up 21 points to North Texas. They are mediocre, which is better than I feared they would be coming into this season.

This.  Up until they become what I expected they'd be before the season and completely just fall apart and allow 500 yards to some completely garbage RB or something, I'll be actually kinda pleased.  They're not any good tho.
"I’m the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. What you see is what you get and what you don’t is better yet. I’m the women’s pick, I’m the men’s regret and if you pick against LHC Bill Snyder you made a bad bet.”

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2013, 12:09:01 AM »
I think we're going to steamroll Texas.  And I'm good at predicting these sorts of things so you guys better listen up.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2013, 12:13:21 AM »
I think we're going to steamroll Texas.  And I'm good at predicting these sorts of things so you guys better listen up.

Like, in say, 2011, did you predict the outcomes of games very well?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2013, 12:14:25 AM »

Maybe you were good at predicting outcomes, but NO ONE predicted Landry Jones being an unconfident loser. No one saw it coming DLew

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2013, 12:14:46 AM »

That's right.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2013, 12:18:17 AM »

That's right.

Well, I guess I'll have to trust you here. Go Cats guys!

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2013, 07:55:57 AM »

Maybe you were good at predicting outcomes, but NO ONE predicted Landry Jones being an unconfident loser. No one saw it coming DLew
cough cough

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2013, 08:00:18 AM »
I feel like our defense really turned a corner last night whey they started snuffing out the long time-consuming drives FCS-caliber teams put together against us with blocked field goals and interceptions in the red zone.

@mikec2w

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2013, 10:26:51 AM »
Guys, our defense let UMass put together quite a few long sustained drives. Quite a few long third down conversions. If you want to be proud of our "bend but don't break" D for only giving up 7 points, fine, but they bent plenty against rough ridin' UMass. Quality teams won't just break our D, they're going to do unspeakably horrible things to it.

Anyway, against UT the formula has to be run run run. Does Snyder start Sams?

How many years have we seen bend but don't break defense from this staff? This isn't new, man.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2013, 11:17:06 AM »
Scheme Doctor just letting the other team run out the clock for him.  :bigtoke:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2013, 11:47:45 AM »
line is +3.5 at sportsbetting.ag

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2013, 12:01:00 PM »
K-State is going to stomp Texas.  We should start a goEMAW slush fund and invest it all on this game, then donate all of the winnings to fattyfest. 

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »
K-State is going to stomp Texas.  We should start a goEMAW slush fund and invest it all on this game, then donate all of the winnings to fattyfest. 

:thumbsup:
@mikec2w

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2013, 12:02:28 PM »

I like this idea

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2013, 12:05:09 PM »

call me crazy but i think texas scores a lot of points against us. so i'm not that confident.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2013, 12:08:08 PM »

i'll throw $25 towards the cause

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2013, 12:10:31 PM »

call me crazy but i think texas scores a lot of points against us. so i'm not that confident.

The wrong team is favored to win, tho.

catzacker

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2013, 12:11:08 PM »

I know exactly what you are doing and I don't like it.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2013, 12:12:53 PM »

Ok, but i think maybe lopakman should hedge hard against the cats with a sizable bet just in case?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2013, 12:22:02 PM »
Guys, if we are going to start a slush fund, I would recommend that we donate half to fattyfund and half to another acct that Winters uses to contact recruits and persuade them to come to KSU.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2013, 01:19:28 PM »

Texas is the second worst offense we have faced to date. We could potentially shut them out if we can limit turnovers.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »

Texas is the second worst offense we have faced to date. We could potentially shut them out if Sams plays more snaps and we can control the clock on offense.

fyp

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2013, 01:22:50 PM »

Texas is the second worst offense we have faced to date. We could potentially shut them out if Sams plays more snaps and we can control the clock on offense.

fyp

Yeah. We need to limit turnovers, too, though. Realistically, a shut out is probably not going to happen because these guys are so bad at defense that Sams is going to have multiple very long runs that really put a dent in our TOP.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2013, 01:26:45 PM »

fyp

Yeah. We need to limit turnovers, too, though. Realistically, a shut out is probably not going to happen because these guys are so bad at defense that Sams is going to have multiple very long runs that really put a dent in our TOP.
  It's like 2 problems, 1 solution.  :impatient: