Author Topic: Not about the Quarterback play.  (Read 29212 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Not about the Quarterback play.
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 11:16:34 PM »
QB play was much better than our O-line, RB, entire D, and special teams. That's not saying much, but hanging this loss on QB play? Please.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 11:17:40 PM »
Receivers are very good.  Oline was always way overrated.  Which is why a passing QB is better.

You couldn't be more wrong about the passing QB thing here.

Why?

Running QBs turn broken plays into touchdowns. Passing QBs turn broken plays into 15 yard losses.

On the team in question, running QB get stuffed at the LOS.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 11:19:09 PM »
Receivers are very good.  Oline was always way overrated.  Which is why a passing QB is better.

You couldn't be more wrong about the passing QB thing here.

Why?

Running QBs turn broken plays into touchdowns. Passing QBs turn broken plays into 15 yard losses.

On the team in question, running QB get stuffed at the LOS.

In this game, running QB scores TDs on 50% of all snaps. Give me a rough ridin' break you rough ridin' bad person. :chainsaw:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 11:19:30 PM »
QB play was much better than our O-line, RB, entire D, and special teams. That's not saying much, but hanging this loss on QB play? Please.

get the eff out of here.  just b/c a bunch of other players sucked doesn't excuse the QB play.  some of you are really rough ridin' dumb.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 11:22:34 PM »

get the eff out of here.  just b/c a bunch of other players sucked doesn't excuse the QB play.  some of you are really rough ridin' dumb.

Not sure we're actually in disagreement. Of course we could have eked this out with better QB play, it's just mumped Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to say that that was even close to the main reason we lost.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 11:24:12 PM »
If this game is a 7 on 7 then we win every time. Our line play on both sides of the ball sucked.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 11:25:40 PM »

Not sure we're actually in disagreement. Of course we could have eked this out with better QB play, it's just mumped Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to say that that was even close to the main reason we lost.

Here's the deal, K-S-U-Wildcats!. We don't have any players that could have addressed any of the other deficiencies that you mentioned. We did have a rough ridin' good QB on the sidelines who could have won us this god damned game. I mean, sure, but the Green Bay Packers around Carson Coffman and he would have looked like AJ McCarron. It wasn't Carson's fault we lost any games.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2013, 11:28:02 PM »
Sams would have made the OLine look amazing.  That's what the dumbs stupid idiots don't understand.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 11:29:53 PM »
How did Hubert do with the Oline?

catzacker

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2013, 11:30:52 PM »

the same as waters. 

but not the same as sams.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2013, 11:31:12 PM »
QB wasn't great, but the offensive line was a complete embarrassment.
This - SO much of this. Oh yeah, our D is way too soft in the middle. We better hope Big XII O-lines and RBs aren't better than NDSU's. The good news: This is probably the most fundamentally sound team we'll play all season. The bad news: this is the one of the least talented teams we'll face all season. Could be a LONG season!
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2013, 11:31:24 PM »

Poorly, because he sucks.  OLine is getting blamed because of a lack of skill at skill positions.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2013, 11:32:35 PM »

Poorly, because he sucks.  OLine is getting blamed because of a lack of skill at skill positions.

I agree, but Sams would have made Hubert look good, too. Just like Klein did.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2013, 11:38:11 PM »

the same as waters. 

Yes, Sams had a beautiful end zone dash. He also got stuffed on his other possession. What was Waters completion rate and passing yardage? I'll admit he rough ridin' sucks at converting short yardage third down runs. Too bad we couldn't count on Hubert to do that.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2013, 11:39:53 PM »
What was Waters' completion percentage in 2nd and 3rd and long? Obvious passing downs where they blitzed. Seemed to suck.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 11:40:12 PM »

the same as waters. 

Yes, Sams had a beautiful end zone dash. He also got stuffed on his other possession. What was Waters completion rate and passing yardage? I'll admit he rough ridin' sucks at converting short yardage third down runs. Too bad we couldn't count on Hubert to do that.

Too bad we couldn't just put Sams in on 3rd and short to score points I guess.

catzacker

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2013, 11:42:12 PM »

the same as waters. 

think of all the other beautiful zone dashes we could have saw.  instead we got waters getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage.  we can't open up the run by passing because teams will (just as NDSt did) just say "eff it" and blitz the rough ridin' crap out of us and watch jakey fall down.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2013, 11:43:27 PM »

Well, maybe if we would have played a game more to their strengths, they wouldn't have looked so shitty.

Maybe, but they flat out missed a ton of blocks. They were constantly getting beat.

Our only chance is probably Sams, because of his ability to make plays on his own.

I really thought Waters was okay, but _Fan is right.  We're gonna have to give it over to Sams and hope for the best. Might as well do that now and be good again in 2 years.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2013, 11:46:06 PM »
Hopefully, we can recruit some juco d-linemen and linebackers using the shitpile approach.

catzacker

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2013, 11:47:33 PM »
Hopefully, we can recruit some juco d-linemen and linebackers using the shitpile approach.

well, we did this off season.  recruited the hell out of them actually, but they all went to other programs like KU and Arkansas and Minnesota.  and the one really good one we got turns out to be a huge rough ridin' pussy and went back home.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2013, 11:49:27 PM »

Well, maybe if we would have played a game more to their strengths, they wouldn't have looked so shitty.

Maybe, but they flat out missed a ton of blocks. They were constantly getting beat.

Our only chance is probably Sams, because of his ability to make plays on his own.

I really thought Waters was okay, but _Fan is right.  We're gonna have to give it over to Sams and hope for the best. Might as well do that now and be good again in 2 years.

Really sad that we're seriously discussing shelving a great passing QB because our RB rough ridin' sucked tonight.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2013, 11:49:40 PM »
Did we even have 50 rush yards in the game?  Whatever, more running is what we should have done either way.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2013, 11:50:42 PM »

the QB is the only thing we could actually change u rough ridin' idiot.  of course our defense sucks, but thats not going to change.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2013, 11:52:52 PM »
Welp. The edgy crowd is going to make everything about the QB. Oh well.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2013, 11:54:08 PM »
Welp. The edgy crowd is going to make everything about the QB. Oh well.

Here's the deal, K-S-U-Wildcats!. We don't have any players that could have addressed any of the other deficiencies that you mentioned. We did have a rough ridin' good QB on the sidelines who could have won us this god damned game. I mean, sure, put the Green Bay Packers around Carson Coffman and he would have looked like AJ McCarron. It wasn't Carson's fault we lost any games.