Author Topic: Not about the Quarterback play.  (Read 29210 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Not about the Quarterback play.
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2013, 12:06:23 PM »
I rewatched the game in prep of this week's _FANalysis. While some of the Waters/Sams discussion has merit, the offensive line play and play calling were much bigger concerns, especially considering how NDSU played defense. NDSU was extremely aggressive; constantly stunting their defensive front, blitzing linebackers and safeties, and selling out to stop the run. They not only got our players (especially the offensive line) on their heels, they had our coaches scrambling as well. There is no good reason that we only had 2 big pass plays in this game.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2013, 12:22:28 PM »
I rewatched the game in prep of this week's _FANalysis. While some of the Waters/Sams discussion has merit, the offensive line play and play calling were much bigger concerns, especially considering how NDSU played defense. NDSU was extremely aggressive; constantly stunting their defensive front, blitzing linebackers and safeties, and selling out to stop the run. They not only got our players (especially the offensive line) on their heels, they had our coaches scrambling as well. There is no good reason that we only had 2 big pass plays in this game.

The weird thing is this team should have been more equipped to deal with that type of defense then any we've had in a long time. 

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2013, 12:22:58 PM »

Yep, Bill and co. got duped into thinking that they didn't have to respond to the other team's gameplan, and they would still win based on talent. It has worked out in the end every time that he has done this in the non-con, but he finally got caught with his pants down. I'm sure he felt like that even if NDSU scored on that last drive that we would have plenty of time to go and score, and then he'd be able to tell his team that they almost lost to an FCS team and it's time to get their crap together. Unfortunately NDSU killed the last nine minutes. That game could have been a blowout if they were calling plays like the game was against Texas. Instead they pussyfooted around with a team that we had no business rough ridin' around with. Hopefully it's a lesson learned and we shoot to kill against U-La-La.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 04, 2013, 12:30:24 PM »

Maybe you'll answer this in _FANalysis but how on earth could the O-Line be so awful? Was it more scheme or execution by them?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 04, 2013, 12:34:20 PM »

yeah waters should've been throwing bombs all night.  I was so mad at bill I almost spit!
emaw

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 04, 2013, 12:44:13 PM »

yeah waters should've been throwing bombs all night.  I was so mad at bill I almost spit!

EXACTLY!! We have two burners that would torch NDSU dbacks and we only go deep two-three times???? Also we have toe, andre, and trujullio that all are way bigger than their lbs/dbs. why not just play a game of jump ball all night? I get it, the line sucked and the run was abysmal but why keep going to it?? I hate how stubborn snyder is

Also i was mad enough i did spit

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2013, 12:44:22 PM »
NDSU was extremely aggressive; constantly stunting their defensive front, blitzing linebackers and safeties, and selling out to stop the run. They not only got our players (especially the offensive line) on their heels, they had our coaches scrambling as well.

Baylor, anyone?
:adios:

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 04, 2013, 01:45:57 PM »
_Fan thanks, maybe this should be in Optimism thread but lousy (stubborn) play calling seems to be one of the easiest things in football to correct,   :cheers:

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 04, 2013, 11:14:15 PM »

Does anyone have footage of Sams' 17-yard td run?

The whole game is in YouTube if you look.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 04, 2013, 11:19:40 PM »
Guys, it was one game. Sometimes things just don't click in the first game for whatever reason. Let's see what happens against Loozyanna before we all look back at this thread and realize that we're idiots. I'm positive that Waters and Hubert will run better behind a more motivated line this weekend
Agreed but if we lose this weekend I'm melting down hard