Author Topic: Official Depth Chart  (Read 12579 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official Depth Chart
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2013, 11:50:18 AM »
You do know that Hubert only needs a little over 500 yards this season to become the second highest rated RB of all time at K-State. 

:D

1000 yds and I think he is #1 I believe.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2013, 11:51:32 AM »
He had 5 yards a carry.   :dunno:   He just doesn't get the ball often?

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2013, 12:32:18 PM »
You do know that Hubert only needs a little over 500 yards this season to become the second highest rated RB of all time at K-State. 

no that can't be right Sproles rushed for nearly 2,000 yards his junior year and also had big yardage his sophomore and senior years.  Sproles has to be way out of reach from Hubert. 

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2013, 12:44:17 PM »

no that can't be right Sproles rushed for nearly 2,000 yards his junior year and also had big yardage his sophomore and senior years.  Sproles has to be way out of reach from Hubert.

Sproles had 4,979 for his career.
Hubert currently has around 1,900.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2013, 01:33:55 PM »
:lol:

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »
:whiffffffff:

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2013, 01:54:45 PM »
i'm waiting for someone to come in here and tell me that defensive depth chart is a joke.  and just wtf is going on with our running back recruiting?  hubert and rose have to be the worst 1-2 punch in the last 20 years of k-state football.

and to top it all off, if someone would have taught kevin lockett about protected sex in high school, our receiving corp would be a complete rough ridin' joke.

Man, take your whiny and bitchy attitude to the Royals board, it is expected and welcome over there......don't be bringing down my excitement for the season w/ this crap :shakesfist:
Always a pessimist
  :confused:

Nice catch........I don't know what came over me.
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2013, 01:58:49 PM »

Scott was either born after 1995 or kidding.  I think he was kidding.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2013, 02:07:09 PM »

Maybe he's off because he didn't get his 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2013, 02:16:12 PM »

1000 yards won't make him the top-rated RB ever at K-State, or the second-rated, or even in the top 5 imo.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2013, 02:37:51 PM »
you have no idea how Katdaddy rates running backs

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2013, 02:40:28 PM »
Guessing "leg shaving" is a criterion...

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »
that is a good one, hopefully he will give us a full breakdown

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2013, 03:03:35 PM »
that is a good one, hopefully he will give us a full breakdown
That's a subject for the other thread.  :D
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2013, 03:05:38 PM »
Hubert is basically an Eric Hickson clone. They both have had solid careers, but that's more due to the fact that we were unable to recruit over them than it was due to their talent.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2013, 03:12:01 PM »
Let's give the guy a chance and see what he does this season.  After two years behind the greatest QB/RB combo in K-State history, he will finally get his chance. 
I think we will be surprised.  :crossfingers:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2013, 03:18:06 PM »

was attempting to be funny. failed at that obviously.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2013, 03:43:23 PM »
Hubert is basically an Eric Hickson clone. They both have had solid careers, but that's more due to the fact that we were unable to recruit over them than it was due to their talent.
:facepalm: Bryce Brown didn't play a head of him. We would of been hard pressed to find someone that would of played ahead of him because of how effing amazing he is at doing everything well.   :curse:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2013, 05:41:01 PM »
:facepalm: Bryce Brown didn't play a head of him. We would of been hard pressed to find someone that would of played ahead of him because of how effing amazing he is at doing everything well.   :curse:

This a stupid rough ridin' talking point. Bryce Brown would have been much more productive than John Hubert, he just didn't feel like putting any effort into becoming a better blocker, so Snyder refused to play him. Bryce Brown probably would have broken Sproles' career rushing record if he started as many games as Hubert at KSU. Don't be a dumbass.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2013, 05:55:13 PM »
so do some people actually believe the secondary is going to be good?  if so, how?  having one really good DB and 3 (or 4) mediocre DB's doesn't make a good secondary imo.  am i rough ridin' crazy?  did we recruit one rough ridin' guy who could come in and start on this defense?  is that too much to ask for them to go out and recruit a couple of talented defensive players?  do our coaches think we're paying them to work 5 months out of the year?  b/c there is no gd way a person can look me in the eye and tell me this pathetic staff put any effort into recruiting.  is there anyone who can tell me just what in the eff is going on?  am i rough ridin' crazy?

If I know Kim, and I think I do, then this post means he's cautiously optimistic about our defense.  :emawkid:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2013, 10:20:50 AM »
cautiously optimistic about the defense.

confidently pessimistic about the defense.

catzacker

« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2013, 12:31:52 PM »
We are replacing 3 of 4 starters on the DL and "adequate LB's" who really didn't sniff the field at all last year are making people cautiously optimistic?

Buy lotto tickets.

will be interesting if there is any changes at LB to the depth chart.  i doubt it.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2013, 12:46:09 PM »

But it’s not only the idea of breaking 1,000 yards in one season that excited Hubert – if he has another 900-plus-yard season, he’d be sitting at No. 2 all-time in K-State rushing yard history behind only Darren Sproles.

“He’s really got to take care of himself and his body so he can also get to that 905 mark that we mentioned to him earlier,” Dimel explained. “It’s a big one to put him as the second-leading rusher in the history of the program.”

Going into his final season as a Wildcat, Hubert has been named to the preseason All-Big 12 team and is on Maxwell and Doak Walker award watch lists. He said he is excited to see how the season unfolds, and with majority of the offense returning from last year, he has high hopes of continuing his success between the white lines.

:Haha: :whistle1: :Woohoo:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2013, 07:06:26 PM »

This a stupid rough ridin' talking point. Bryce Brown would have been much more productive than John Hubert, he just didn't feel like putting any effort into becoming a better blocker, so Snyder refused to play him. Bryce Brown probably would have broken Sproles' career rushing record if he started as many games as Hubert at KSU. Don't be a dumbass.

Face it. Bryce Brown sucked.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2013, 08:23:18 PM »

Face it. Bryce Brown sucked.

Just another Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) who bought into the idea that Bryce Brown couldn't block or some other nonsense.