Author Topic: Time to raise the minimum wage again...  (Read 18548 times)

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Time to raise the minimum wage again...
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2013, 10:28:31 PM »
I think there are a lot of incentives for getting married, too, sys, but I could be wrong I guess.

yeah, there are.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2013, 09:20:10 AM »
There should be comprehensive drug testing for anyone on minimum wage when they raise it.  It's not fair to the corporations who pay taxes just like everyone else. 

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2013, 09:36:33 AM »
There should be comprehensive drug testing for anyone on minimum wage when they raise it.  It's not fair to the corporations who pay taxes just like everyone else.

shut up

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2013, 10:02:11 AM »

shut up

:don'tcare:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Time to raise the minimum wage again...
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2013, 10:06:33 AM »
Free everything please!!!!!!  I'm tired of working.

what things should unemployed people not be entitled to? Like, would you have a problem with the fire department putting out a fire in an unemployed person's home?

I don't have a problem with providing non-fraudulent unemployment, welfare, and disability payments, but only to the point that it becomes more desirable to not work. This is why there are jobs that Americans won't do.

I mean, if you knew the fire department wouldn't put out a fire in your house unless you were employed, that would be a pretty good incentive to work, right?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2013, 10:55:46 AM »

what things should unemployed people not be entitled to? Like, would you have a problem with the fire department putting out a fire in an unemployed person's home?

I don't have a problem with providing non-fraudulent unemployment, welfare, and disability payments, but only to the point that it becomes more desirable to not work. This is why there are jobs that Americans won't do.

I mean, if you knew the fire department wouldn't put out a fire in your house unless you were employed, that would be a pretty good incentive to work, right?

That would only work if you owned a house, so I don't think your plan would work.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Time to raise the minimum wage again...
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »

That would only work if you owned a house, so I don't think your plan would work.

an unemployed person can't be a home owner?

renters don't care if their house burns down in a fire?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2013, 11:03:12 AM »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2013, 11:20:23 AM »
nope. Legalize it. All of it.
:adios:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2013, 11:51:04 AM »
I'm really excited for social media next week when all the burger flippers go on strike.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2013, 12:38:26 PM »

Too much risk to the ozone and opp (other peoples property) with a burning house.  Would be better if we sent NSA peeps to murder them, then instruct the state not to prosecute the case, then have b.o.make a speech about forming some task force or committee to set up protections from these abuses in the future.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2013, 12:42:18 PM »
How did we go from ppl thinking that getting as much on welfare as that study suggests to let their rough ridin' house burn?

Life safety when it comes to codes, enforcement, and basic services is one thing.  Rewarding someone for continuing to grow their family even though they couldn't support it before is crazy.  In a welfare way, it could be looked at them setting their own house on fire just so the fire department can come and put it out.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »
How did we go from ppl thinking that getting as much on welfare as that study suggests to let their rough ridin' house burn?

Life safety when it comes to codes, enforcement, and basic services is one thing.  Rewarding someone for continuing to grow their family even though they couldn't support it before is crazy.  In a welfare way, it could be looked at them setting their own house on fire just so the fire department can come and put it out.

I definitely got off track, but I started with the idea that universal health care would remove one incentive to not work. If you're a single mom with two kids on medicaid, you'll lose it if you get a job that earns over $25k/year or so. If you don't have to worry about health insurance with every job change, you're more likely to take that job and earn more money. (of course there's child care, which is another issue.)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2013, 08:43:57 PM »
Michigancat, we'll all knew you didn't have a point.  What we didn't know was how hopelessly confused you are as to how welfare and healthcare works with the employed and unemployed.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2013, 08:52:58 PM »
Michigancat, we'll all knew you didn't have a point.  What we didn't know was how hopelessly confused you are as to how welfare and healthcare works with the employed and unemployed.

interesting if true

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »
Hey guys, did you know if you work you can't get medicaid? -michigancat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2013, 09:13:21 PM »
Yeah, people aren't going to work now because they're afraid they'd make too much money and not be able to get healthcare for free from the government.  If only the government would give everyone healthcare for free (well make rich people pay for it) then people too scared to work would return to work because they wouldn't be scared of making money and losing free government healthcare.  That's the real reason people aren't working, fear of losing free govt healthcare, if we make free govt healthcare available to everyone that incentive disappears.  Gosh, I've got this all figured out, I'm such an open minded clear thinking libtard -michigancat

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2013, 09:25:27 PM »
Yeah, people aren't going to work now because they're afraid they'd make too much money and not be able to get healthcare for free from the government.  If only the government would give everyone healthcare for free (well make rich people pay for it) then people too scared to work would return to work because they wouldn't be scared of making money and losing free government healthcare.  That's the real reason people aren't working, fear of losing free govt healthcare, if we make free govt healthcare available to everyone that incentive disappears.  Gosh, I've got this all figured out, I'm such an open minded clear thinking libtard -michigancat

That about sum it up. Thanks, friend.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2013, 10:21:11 PM »
Your quote, not mine.

Seriously though, if we raised the minimum wage $2, like b.o. says we should, then all those hard working minimum wagers turning in 40 work weeks like clock work would make $18000 per year instead of $14000 per year and there wouldn't be poor people anymore. After all, every minimum wager is your honest to goodness middle class 'merican 9 to 5ers, with mandatory healthcare benefits under the aca.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2013, 10:24:55 PM »
I can't think of a single adverse consequence associated with a 16 year old high schooler making $15 an hour sorting books at the public library or blowing the whistle at people running buy the pool, let alone flipping burgers at the poors restaurant of choice McDs.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2013, 10:26:17 PM »
Min wage at that level would obliterate fast food.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
Min wage at that level would obliterate fast food.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Yeah but Barry said we should raise it

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2013, 10:50:21 PM »
I would be fine with it if it would guarantee to obliterate fast food.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2013, 10:50:55 PM »
I can't think of a single adverse consequence associated with a 16 year old high schooler making $15 an hour sorting books at the public library or blowing the whistle at people running buy the pool, let alone flipping burgers at the poors restaurant of choice McDs.

yep, I believe Friedman called it "pricing people out of the market"... but michcat is too dumb to figure it out. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2013, 11:18:04 PM »
The migrant farmer picking organic produce for slave wages suddenly making $15 an hour would cause a cataclismic series of shreeks at the whole foods registers loud enough to split the earth in two.

This would be followed with populist screams for congress to investigate the ag industry for exhobinent profiteering, and numerous speeches to that effect by b.o.