Author Topic: The KU Rayhawks are NOT going through a rough patch. They make Raytown, Missouri proud!  (Read 3499887 times)

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
He does seem like an SEC guy. I'd say KY or MS St.
he can’t compete in the big 12, why would an SEC program want his ancient ass?
Yeah, isn't he at least 60?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
yup, 60. he probably doesn’t even have a smartphone.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
His old ass is not leaving this gravy train with biscuit wheels

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
He does seem like an SEC guy. I'd say KY or MS St.
he can’t compete in the big 12, why would an SEC program want his ancient ass?

Strictly based on looks and demeanor.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm not sure I've ever seen lance outside of when he's yelling/whining at the officials so I didn't know this is what he looks like IRL.

https://x.com/JayhawkSlant/status/1797696751224156470

I'm not sure which I find more unbelievable... That someone would design that shirt or that someone would choose to wear it on purpose

He 100% took a shirt from 1990 out of his closet and took it to a shop to have the Jayhawk stitched onto it.

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
It's probably just an iron on patch his wife got from Dillon's. Probably has several shirts with those things stuck on them.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
That looks like a shirt he snagged from Goodwill

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

I mean it's not without precedent.  Brian Kelly was 60 when he took the LSU job.  And it's not like LL is hoping to pluck one of those plum positions like LSU, he'll be happy with Kentucky or Purdue I'm sure if it gets him outta Lawrence.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
If that should happen, AD Goff(ball) will end up with a red stadium face.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Cats-aholic

• Fan
    • View Profile
Holy crap I think I see underground plumbing stubbed out to the surface on their live cameras.  So proud of little brother for entering the 21st century in football facilities.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Holy crap I think I see underground plumbing stubbed out to the surface on their live cameras.  So proud of little brother for entering the 21st century in football facilities.

Follow the money:  Who failed to ante up to the Williams Fund?  Portable toilet company would be my guess. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm not sure I've ever seen lance outside of when he's yelling/whining at the officials so I didn't know this is what he looks like IRL.

He looks like the GM of a company that builds decks. Divorced and remarried but a great step dad to Jeanie's two kids.
Jeanie is a little disappointed that he likes to spend too many Sunday mornings on the lake doing a little fishing with the boys, instead of being in church (evangelical non denominational of course). But the 2nd time around you understand trade offs are important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile

He looks like the GM of a company that builds decks. Divorced and remarried but a great step dad to Jeanie's two kids.
Jeanie is a little disappointed that he likes to spend too many Sunday mornings on the lake doing a little fishing with the boys, instead of being in church (evangelical non denominational of course). But the 2nd time around you understand trade offs are important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is happy for the life he has given her and her two children (Paxson and AddAlly) and knows that his heart is in it every time he takes her down to french market (or Johnnys if the wait is too long) for their date night every month.

Who cares if she misses going to service at St Anns where her parents go, she is fine with the other church and he is there for her and the children and will pick up some Meddy's on the way home from work when she's had a long summer day hanging out with the kids at the PV Pool.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
I could go look in the couch cushions and see what I can find. I’d hate for this to be another history awaits thing, especially since they already tore down 3/4 of the stadium.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
It's too late, now. We're pot committed. Phase 1 (2/3 of a stadium) will be done. The stuff we pilfered KSU tax dollars for might not, at least not for quite a while, if ever. Anyway, thanks guys!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
You're welcome, let us know if you need more. Anything for family.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is coming Fall of . . . . on mega steroids

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa now even Mizzou provided a model on how to renovate an old football stadium.  KU Memorial Stadium was not a completely mumped up design monstrosity like Ryan Field at Northwestern or the end seating on both ends of Nebraska Memorial Stadium.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
It's too late, now. We're pot committed. Phase 1 (2/3 of a stadium) will be done. The stuff we pilfered KSU tax dollars for might not, at least not for quite a while, if ever. Anyway, thanks guys!

Will it though? I ask because according to the article linked, KU will have to take out an additional $115 million in debt to complete phase 1. Now, that's not a complete surprise as everyone outside the crimson and blue clouds has been talking about how this project was behind schedule and over budget for a while now. However, the next question I have is, aren't those tax dollars in discussion contingent on the whole Gateway project being built? I mean, it's one thing to take that tax dollars, say it's going to be used for the project, and then muddy the waters between the stadium and the conference center/hotel/restaurants. It's another to take the tax dollars, use it all for the stadium, and not even build the Gateway project at all. Wouldn't that constitute fraud?

I'm asking seriously here because I truly don't know how these things work.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Will it though? I ask because according to the article linked, KU will have to take out an additional $115 million in debt to complete phase 1. Now, that's not a complete surprise as everyone outside the crimson and blue clouds has been talking about how this project was behind schedule and over budget for a while now. However, the next question I have is, aren't those tax dollars in discussion contingent on the whole Gateway project being built? I mean, it's one thing to take that tax dollars, say it's going to be used for the project, and then muddy the waters between the stadium and the conference center/hotel/restaurants. It's another to take the tax dollars, use it all for the stadium, and not even build the Gateway project at all. Wouldn't that constitute fraud?

Obligatory I'm not that kind of lawyer, but when KU fans tease y'all about this, they're gaslighting you. They're federal funds, me boys.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Obligatory I'm not that kind of lawyer, but when KU fans tease y'all about this, they're gaslighting you. They're federal funds, me boys.
Sales Tax and Revenue (STAR) Bonds are a financing tool that allows Kansas municipalities to issue bonds to finance the development of major commercial, entertainment and tourism projects. The bonds are paid off through the sales tax revenue generated by the development.
There is gaslighting on both sides.  It's not really state tax revenue (except the portion from the development, which would not exist if not for the bonds) and it's only from the patrons of the development, which are not KSU fans (except for every other year when we show up to wax that ass).
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Leipold's agent is reading up on "first to breach" law.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

prior material breach?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

prior material breach?

the one and only

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

prior material breach?

the one and only

If you clearly breach, it's a damn hard argument to make.