Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3220483 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I am against letting them use the Bill.  That will just get their hopes up as to what their new stadium will be.  They will get used to a great stadium experience, great parking availability, smooth traffic in and out.  No way that is fair to them.

Think of the father-daughter bonding time
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They'll play 3 or 4 games at arrowhead, and a few in Lawrence

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
Where will the money come from that they will have to pay the Chief's if they do end up working out a deal to play at Arrowhead?

I just can't imagine the franchise is going to let them use their facility on a charity type basis.

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Wichita State

Who is gonna tell him

Do you think KU would fly or drive down to that stadium? I understand the Flint Hills aren't that mountainous as compared to the Rockies, but still...

They tore the stadium down this summer
What?!  Really?  Are they going to put something up to continue hosting state track?

Yes, it will basically be a track stadium

https://www.ksn.com/news/local/wsu-rejects-bid-on-stadium-project-wants-other-bids/

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Where will the money come from that they will have to pay the Chief's if they do end up working out a deal to play at Arrowhead?

I just can't imagine the franchise is going to let them use their facility on a charity type basis.

I bet they try and sell tickets for the fans to watch the games

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:lol: i'd  like to report a homicide
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
I feel like some of you are just gEing about ku playing at the bill but their fans are seriously debating it on the phog. Did the ad do a little "damage control" leak to get the hawk fanatics used to the idea?

I’m not gE’n. I know it’s really unlikely, but it really would be sweet. I mean, we could prob charge them a lot of $$$, and it could be worked out logistically.

Would also be great for Manhattan businesses.

Would be a total big bro move as well.
it honestly makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons, and is probably why it won't happen.
Sums up my feelings exactly.

Although I can see the point that KU fans are pretty heavily concentrated in KC and probably not used to traveling much at all for a FB game, so the extra couple hours to Manhattan (while safely still in the state of Kansas) might be a hard sell.

This is where I'm at. KU fans are very KC-centric. It's astounding, really. If we can't fill our own stadium, think how poor attendance would be at The Bill. And we can't ignore the fact that the fans would revolt, for obvious reasons.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So the state of Kansas is spending millions subsidizing KU's new stadium and they are going to send millions to Missouri to play 4 homes games?  Cool.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So the state of Kansas is spending millions subsidizing KU's new stadium and they are going to send millions to Missouri to play 4 homes games?  Cool.

It's a travesty, but it's so absolutely #onbrand for that place.

The very worst part is that they're doing this to build a facility that is not at all in keeping with the history of the original stadium nor the core architecture of their campus. 

From what I've seen so far there's nary a single component that embodies indigenous natural building materials found in Kansas.  Maybe that's because we've just seen the marketing renderings.  We'll see I suppose.

Using Rock Chalk Park as our guide, they'll also be a financing and funding story to mull over when it's all said and done that will require FOIA's and an attempt to hide behind the shield of some potentially non FOIA'able entity like the KU Endowment.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I enjoyed this post a lot. Thank you!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

It's a travesty, but it's so absolutely #onbrand for that place.

The very worst part is that they're doing this to build a facility that is not at all in keeping with the history of the original stadium nor the core architecture of their campus. 

From what I've seen so far there's nary a single component that embodies indigenous natural building materials found in Kansas.  Maybe that's because we've just seen the marketing renderings.  We'll see I suppose.

Using Rock Chalk Park as our guide, they'll also be a financing and funding story to mull over when it's all said and done that will require FOIA's and an attempt to hide behind the shield of some potentially non FOIA'able entity like the KU Endowment.
Well in their defense, in order to keep in line with campus architecture they would have to pony up and put a red roof on it.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile

Alright, so I walked into that one. But really, my question stems from that. They don't really sell out their current 45k stadium. They're already over budget for the replacement stadium to a tune of 100mil. At best, they'll come close to maintaining their season average, but in all reality, attendance will drop. Are ticket sales really going to offset the rental price of the stadium?

We've played Iowa State at Arrowhead several times but I thought we stopped because of poor attendance.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
This is like an MU fan's dream.

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
was told that the BoR was very resistant to allowing them to play in MO

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

well no crap.  It makes them look like world class cucks. 

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
also told that the worst case scenario plan is to play games at Free State

:sdeek:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

well no crap.  It makes them look like world class cucks.

YOU'VE BEEN..........................THUNDER CUCKED!!!!!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
also told that the worst case scenario plan is to play games at Free State

:sdeek:

That's better than paying to play in Missouri

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
They should play in MO, but they should have to call Norm Stewart and ask nicely in order to finalize it.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile

Alright, so I walked into that one. But really, my question stems from that. They don't really sell out their current 45k stadium. They're already over budget for the replacement stadium to a tune of 100mil. At best, they'll come close to maintaining their season average, but in all reality, attendance will drop. Are ticket sales really going to offset the rental price of the stadium?

We've played Iowa State at Arrowhead several times but I thought we stopped because of poor attendance.

I think attendance was part of the problem, but I thought a bigger "reason" was the loss of revenue to the college towns to have that game instead of it going to KC
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/tgoff11/status/1751753605311279515

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

Playing games in a (optimistically) half full arrowhead is not going to be as fun as he thinks

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/tgoff11/status/1751753605311279515

Desperation is a stinky cologne.
That tweet was painfully cringy to read.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tomorrow is the big reveal, I'm so excited

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Today is Kansas Day, does that mean they had to wait to announce they were leaving Kansas to play their "home" games?