Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3220404 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's really funny to me that KU demolished their stadium before they knew where they were gonna play home football games in 2024.

Playing in Arrowhead in Missouri in front of 20k people with no student section is going to be amazing comedy. Playing in Sporting's stadium seems like the most logical plan but I'm afraid it would be a lot less funny.
i think playing at sporting is impossible, practically speaking.

Literally impossible in October and November. SKC has to leave Saturdays available for potential playoff matches

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Thank the lord for friday nite hawk time
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
I wonder if KU has asked KSU if they could play games in Manhattan?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Might have to play road games until the Royals are officially done for the year, then play at Kauffman.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
I think it would be nice of us to let our little bros enjoy our stadium a few weekends next season. Could be exciting and a lot of fun for them.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Could you imagine the boost to Aggieville businesses if there was a KU game every weekend that KSU was on the road?  Or, a KU Friday night game AND a KSU saturday game?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
eff. We should all go buy electric rickshaws for this season and hang a shingle.  We'll be rich.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Would make up for mean gene stealing the Stanford home game away from the community
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Could you imagine the boost to Aggieville businesses if there was a KU game every weekend that KSU was on the road?  Or, a KU Friday night game AND a KSU saturday game?
the Collegian would run out of ink printing the blotter on monday morning

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Perhaps create a tranch (high level finance term with fewer syllables than “bundle”) of bail bonds?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
We could easily let them borrow our old stadium.   :dunno:

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Keeping with the theme of the Nazi Atlantic wall construction of KU Memorial Stadium - something that even the unknowing construction eye would immediately pick up on. 

The old girl proved not to be a soft underbelly, but rather a tough old gut in the demo process.

The amount of reinforced concrete in that ol' gal ... Someone said, and I admittedly have not confirmed it, that it was more concrete than was used in the Hoover Dam.

Admire that someone's ambition, but no.  The amount in Memorial was maybe 1-2 days' worth of concrete placed at Hoover.  They were running concrete continuously 12 hours a day for a couple years with only Christmas and Thanksgiving off in general.  In another measure, the amount of concrete in Hoover Dam would cover a football field to a height greater than the original World Trade Center Towers.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Might have to play road games until the Royals are officially done for the year, then play at Kauffman.

Honestly (not GE'ing) this is a better idea than Arrowhead.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If we let KU use our stadium.  Do we think their fans will feel out of place with the lack of sewage overflow, the easy ingress-egress, 4 large and very viewable fully functional video boards, and the lack of loungers and temporary "luxury" accommodations placed atop steel bleachers and risers?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
why don't they play at rock chalk park?  bring in a couple bleachers...

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wichita State

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
why don't they play at rock chalk park?  bring in a couple bleachers...

they would get charged a billion

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Keeping with the theme of the Nazi Atlantic wall construction of KU Memorial Stadium - something that even the unknowing construction eye would immediately pick up on. 

The old girl proved not to be a soft underbelly, but rather a tough old gut in the demo process.

The amount of reinforced concrete in that ol' gal ... Someone said, and I admittedly have not confirmed it, that it was more concrete than was used in the Hoover Dam.

Admire that someone's ambition, but no.  The amount in Memorial was maybe 1-2 days' worth of concrete placed at Hoover.  They were running concrete continuously 12 hours a day for a couple years with only Christmas and Thanksgiving off in general.  In another measure, the amount of concrete in Hoover Dam would cover a football field to a height greater than the original World Trade Center Towers.

Yeah Spracne you stupid idiot.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
the Collegian would run out of ink printing the blotter on monday morning
you’re exactly right.  there wouldn’t be a man, woman, child, or sheep, safe if we let them use our stadium on a regular basis. 

I vote no. 

now, as others have suggested- would Kauffman stadium be an option? but wouldn’t they just be moving from one dump to another, what’s gained?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Yeah Spracne you stupid idiot.

Don't fault Spracne, he's just a product of a culture that thinks everything KU does is the biggest or the best.  Parochial ties are the hardest to break 

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

had to fact check this and yes, the amt of concrete in the hoover dam, if poured in the dimensions of an american football field, would still soar 269 ft taller than the WTC (which is 1776 ft tall)

*this is assuming the the cubic yardage of all the rebar in both scenarios would be offset each other just to keep things apples to apples

**but with the way the youngsters these days cut corners, i think its fair to say that if the hoover dam was built today by today's standards that it would probably use roughly the same amt of concrete as ku memorial stadium, i think that's a fair assumption.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wichita State

Who is gonna tell him

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
Wichita State

Who is gonna tell him

Do you think KU would fly or drive down to that stadium? I understand the Flint Hills aren't that mountainous as compared to the Rockies, but still...

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wichita State

Who is gonna tell him

Do you think KU would fly or drive down to that stadium? I understand the Flint Hills aren't that mountainous as compared to the Rockies, but still...

They tore the stadium down this summer

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ha, had no idea.