Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3220215 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #26125 on: December 22, 2023, 06:54:46 PM »
Not saying this as a joke, but I wonder how much it would cost them to put temporary seating at Rock Chalk Park. That would certainly be cheaper than whatever SKC would charge them in rent.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #26126 on: December 22, 2023, 06:59:46 PM »
Good points, MIR.  I think the stadium only holds around 6,500 fans and it's too small.  Would the Royals Kaufman Stadium work?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26127 on: December 22, 2023, 08:05:00 PM »
do we show the ultimate TSC and let them be the Chargers to our Rams?  they did play a lot of Friday night games this season so it could work.
I would be on board with this if KU agreed to pay for new turf.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26128 on: December 22, 2023, 08:22:58 PM »
do we show the ultimate TSC and let them be the Chargers to our Rams?  they did play a lot of Friday night games this season so it could work.
I would be on board with this if KU agreed to pay for new turf.

I doubt we would do it for free.  :ROFL:

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26129 on: December 22, 2023, 09:04:33 PM »
I think it was in '13 that we played our spring game at Sporting KC.  I went to it and it was not very crowded.

Also wasn’t really that many people there - maybe 2000.  Maybe

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26130 on: December 22, 2023, 09:10:19 PM »
I think it was in '13 that we played our spring game at Sporting KC.  I went to it and it was not very crowded.

Also wasn’t really that many people there - maybe 2000.  Maybe

Yeah, IIRC the weather was cold, wet, and windy.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #26131 on: December 23, 2023, 10:31:17 AM »
i don’t think they have a home yet for next year but shawnee mission south stadium would be a good option, it’s huge.  pete lives right by there.

it seems like it would be a lot of work to retrofit children’s mercy park to a football stadium.  goal posts secured in a cement filled bucket? arrowhead? would be weird to see the kansas jayhawks play their home games in missouri.

are haskell’s facilities an option?
I would host tailgates. You can park in my yard.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26132 on: December 23, 2023, 11:17:11 AM »
They sould use Haskell's stadium. Hell, they should spend the money to upgrade Haskell's stadium instead of their shithole. They'd end up with a better product.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26133 on: December 23, 2023, 12:47:45 PM »
i don’t think they have a home yet for next year but shawnee mission south stadium would be a good option, it’s huge.  pete lives right by there.

it seems like it would be a lot of work to retrofit children’s mercy park to a football stadium.  goal posts secured in a cement filled bucket? arrowhead? would be weird to see the kansas jayhawks play their home games in missouri.

are haskell’s facilities an option?

This is a great idea!  When I was SM West we played our home games there.  I know some great places underneath the stadium seats where you can put down some Southern & 7 or malt duck.  You just have to get by security which I can't believe would be much harder than it was back in some of my glory years.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26134 on: December 23, 2023, 01:27:08 PM »
What if, and hang with me here, but what if they go fully virtual?

I bet we could find a mod that we could upload to 1999 NFL Blitz, or something.  They could play as the raiders, but change all jersey's and names.  No one actually plays them, they just play against the PC.  Or maybe, all of the other teams on their schedule nominate one guy that has to play them as another team, but the nominee has to be a member of the opposing school's actual football team.   On KU's side of the game, they could rotate whoever is controlling by Offence and Defense, or by downs, or whatever. 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26135 on: December 23, 2023, 02:50:16 PM »
Could they squat in the Lawrence High Chesty Lions stadium?  Only seats 4K, but after Lance leaves, that may approximate their attendance per game. 

https://stadiumconnection.com/stadium.php?id=1594

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26136 on: December 23, 2023, 04:16:36 PM »
Maybe do a barnstorming tour of Kansas.  Play one home game at each of several local colleges:  Pitt State, Emporia, Washburn, Ft Hays, Hutch?  Would really be a great way to get the message about the 'Hawks out to the people!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26137 on: December 23, 2023, 05:26:49 PM »
Man, if the Chiefs really won't let them use Arrowhead, that's some bullshit.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #26138 on: December 23, 2023, 07:42:16 PM »
I find it borderline unbelievable that Goff didn't/doesn't have a place re-arranged. Either he's an incompetent buffoon or he didn't want to tell the location for some reason. Maybe it's so lame he's afraid of the ensuing X lulz parade?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #26139 on: December 23, 2023, 07:47:23 PM »
Just play games at the trap like Texas did during their renovations
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26140 on: December 23, 2023, 08:42:49 PM »
Just play games at the trap like Texas did during their renovations

So in Texas?  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26141 on: December 23, 2023, 09:00:48 PM »
Man, if the Chiefs really won't let them use Arrowhead, that's some bullshit.

I'm sure they will, but it's going to cost them, a lot

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26142 on: December 23, 2023, 09:04:17 PM »
I find it borderline unbelievable that Goff didn't/doesn't have a place re-arranged. Either he's an incompetent buffoon or he didn't want to tell the location for some reason. Maybe it's so lame he's afraid of the ensuing X lulz parade?

They'll end up playing games at the booth like Oregon State and San Jose State did when they did renovations.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26143 on: December 23, 2023, 09:24:22 PM »
They could just play every game on the road.

Offline CatTracks

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26144 on: December 24, 2023, 09:10:29 AM »
If they play games at a limited Booth stadium in 2024, are they still required to give a certain allotment of tickets to the opposition?  Does the Big 12 have a specific number of tickets or percentage?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26145 on: December 24, 2023, 02:09:42 PM »
If they play games at a limited Booth stadium in 2024, are they still required to give a certain allotment of tickets to the opposition?  Does the Big 12 have a specific number of tickets or percentage?

The conference stopped that practice a while ago. They are only permitted to make a couple of hundred passes available for family. Schools still designate visitor sections but they aren't given and sold by the visitor's ticket office.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26146 on: December 26, 2023, 11:07:38 AM »
Maybe do a barnstorming tour of Kansas.  Play one home game at each of several local colleges:  Pitt State, Emporia, Washburn, Ft Hays, Hutch?  Would really be a great way to get the message about the 'Hawks out to the people!

this is easily the best idea

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26147 on: December 26, 2023, 06:26:35 PM »

this is easily the best idea
It’s the right thing to do for the Great State of Kansas. Let’s see if they have the right priorities.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26148 on: December 26, 2023, 06:49:48 PM »
More like the guaranteed rape bowl

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26149 on: December 26, 2023, 06:50:31 PM »
jk, I doubt there are any more rapists there than any other bowl game.