Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3220543 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #25900 on: November 17, 2023, 11:02:14 AM »
I think I'm going to put down an enormous emotional hedge bet on KU +310.

bet espn, bet 10 and get 4, 50 dollar free bets

Offline PhoCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #25901 on: November 17, 2023, 11:05:51 AM »
Congrats to Jalon.  I pity the 4 or 5 opponents he suits up against next year.

I do believe you meant the "3" opponents he suits up against.  4 or 5 is way too optimistic for Mr. "I have some sort of injury issue that only I can truly identify" to suit up and play against.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25902 on: November 17, 2023, 11:06:13 AM »

If you're going to feel bad, you might as well make money.  On the other hand you can say it's the price of another Wildcat Victory

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #25903 on: November 17, 2023, 11:23:05 AM »

I live in Nebraska so that isn't possible

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25904 on: November 17, 2023, 11:24:35 AM »

If you're going to feel bad, you might as well make money.  On the other hand you can say it's the price of another Wildcat Victory

This is 90% of my bets. I ask myself stuff like "what would I pay to guarantee a cats win?" and try to formulate an emotional neutral position. They lose but I make $3k? sad but ok. I lose $1k but cats get the dub? sucks but it's only money and EMAW!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25905 on: November 17, 2023, 11:29:44 AM »

This is 90% of my bets. I ask myself stuff like "what would I pay to guarantee a cats win?" and try to formulate an emotional neutral position. They lose but I make $3k? sad but ok. I lose $1k but cats get the dub? sucks but it's only money and EMAW!

ACTUARIES HATE HIM! (ONE SIMPLE TRICK!)

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25906 on: November 17, 2023, 11:41:07 AM »

I am the same! Lost my ass on the way to a Chiefs Super Bowl last year.  Worth every penny!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25907 on: November 17, 2023, 11:54:38 AM »

I live in Nebraska so that isn't possible

just drive over the river

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25908 on: November 17, 2023, 01:59:32 PM »
I've got a couple ku friends and they're all talking about how they're going to put both sets of goal posts into their little pond when they pull off the upset. Honestly, I don't think I've seen them this excited or the confidence level this high since Miles's first year as a head coach. I was at that game in Lawrence too.

Personally, I think it's a good thing as we need them to actually be competitive in football if we ever hope to get ratings for this game up. The moneyline may be -9.5 but I everything I've seen this season by both teams indicates we win by +17.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25909 on: November 17, 2023, 02:09:05 PM »
I think we should challenge their engineering program to design a system that will automatically launch the goal posts into the pond after a victory

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25911 on: November 17, 2023, 02:36:13 PM »
Look guys and gals, one of the teams is going to win. Let's just hope for a good, competitive game with no serious injuries. Hopefully I get to watch it.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #25912 on: November 17, 2023, 02:36:30 PM »
Bless their little hearts
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25913 on: November 17, 2023, 02:47:28 PM »
Look guys and gals, one of the teams is going to win. Let's just hope for a good, competitive game with no serious injuries. Hopefully I get to watch it.

You should tell that to the squawks in that thread advocating for targeting hits on cats Howard

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25914 on: November 17, 2023, 02:48:25 PM »
If you want a chuckle on this Friday afternoon

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/board/103723/Contents/ku-v-purple-prediction-thread-220560418/?page=1

KU7679
Jayhawks 31
Hay Jocks 17

:D :D :D :D :D
(never seen/heard this one before)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25915 on: November 17, 2023, 03:00:11 PM »

You should tell that to the squawks in that thread advocating for targeting hits on cats Howard

First, I am not my brothers' keeper. Second, game prediction threads are like the most stupid waste of time ever. The Phog Gridiron Board is full of cranky old men, and there are very few rational posters.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25917 on: November 17, 2023, 03:03:31 PM »
Yes very good lol

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25918 on: November 17, 2023, 03:08:52 PM »
It's like a spoonerism and a pun had a baby

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25919 on: November 17, 2023, 03:54:46 PM »
If you want a chuckle on this Friday afternoon

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/board/103723/Contents/ku-v-purple-prediction-thread-220560418/?page=1

I enjoy the predictions that peddle the narrative tomorrow’s outcome solely boils down to if it’s  Beans or Squawk Howard starting tomorrow.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25920 on: November 17, 2023, 03:58:44 PM »
We’re down to like our 5th string linebackers so I am not smug or confident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #25921 on: November 17, 2023, 08:22:03 PM »
We’re down to like our 5th string linebackers so I am not smug or confident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am

has there ever been another season the cats could go this deep in linebackers and still feel smug and confident?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #25922 on: November 17, 2023, 09:03:19 PM »
Guys, we might 64-0 KU.

I just have this feeling....

If you don't win by at least 64, it will be an embarrassment for KSU. But I'm confident you'll do it.
I went to that game in Lawrence in 2002, and learned how brutal LHCBS actually is.  KU was on K-State's side of the field, trying to get into field goal range so they wouldn't be shut out.  Cats were playing 2nd and 3rd string players.  When KU had a 3rd down,  LHCBS subbed almost the entire defense with starters and crammed KU behind their line of scrimmage, forcing a punt.  He had absolutely no mercy on those poor Jayhawks.
iirc the post game quotes said the 1st team D subbed back in on thier own

This is absolutely correct. Not only did a 2002 SB live nextdoor to Bosz56, Hickman, and Buhl, I was also there and saw it with my own three eyes. What an hilarious day. The best oart is that when the defense subbed themselves back in, they actually didn’t force a punt. They forced a fumble two plays later, which they promptly recovered.

The box score on this game is hilarious. The quotes in this article are hilarious. The passive-agressive postgame talk Snyder did to Mangino is hilarious.

Guys, we beat them 64-0 and we scored NO POINTS IN THE 4TH QUARTER.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap/_/gameId/223062305
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25923 on: November 17, 2023, 09:05:48 PM »
In a really twisted way, I was looking forward to the pressure being on KU for once. I’m always a little jealous that they have zero expectations going into this game.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #25924 on: November 18, 2023, 03:24:05 AM »

I did the same. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever bet on KSU to win.