Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3221204 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #25800 on: November 12, 2023, 11:23:51 AM »
:frown:

Boss Phog
MOD
Posted on 16 hrs, , User Since 125 months ago, User Post Count: 2727
16 hrs
125 months
Bro jim, I love you. You are one of the best posters and ku fans there are. That said, I’m totally demoralized. We had the opportunity to be in the conversations. We win today and against osu? We are top 5. Now? Out season is done. We are going to some toilet bowel. This could have been 07. But our qbs are not reesing . He’d play on one leg. Our qbs are effing ceramic dolls. We’ve got to recruit some tougher kids that care about our program. This is so gross. What a catastrophic waste. I’m so sad for our program.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #25801 on: November 12, 2023, 11:30:02 AM »
Boss Phog
We are going to some toilet bowel.

I think the Boss has some fixation issues. I hope Bean's not permanently injured & that he can completely heal by Saturday at 6 pm. I have a whole (very witty) plan for Stufflebean stuffing Bean jokes. It just won't be the same if it's Sqwuak Howard out there.  :lynchmob:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25802 on: November 12, 2023, 01:59:12 PM »
ha, nvm it's already up on DK at KSU -4  :cool:

Now at -8
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25803 on: November 12, 2023, 02:02:05 PM »
Yeah that makes sense given the injury to bean

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25804 on: November 13, 2023, 08:07:30 AM »
When was the last time you were this excited for the Dillon's Sunflower Showdown? I know there is the temptation to pretend not to care about the Dillons in order to look cool for your friends but ngl, I'm excited to see my Cats play in primetime under the lights (I think they have some installed at DBKMS now). With the power of the lights and the strong arm of Will Howard, I believe the Cats prevail. I hope the Cats (and Catfans) will take this beautiful song as motivation for the week:

"Oh, give me a shot at the night
Give me a moment, some kinda mysterious
Look at my reflection in the mirror
Underneath the power of the light
Give me a shot at the night"

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #25805 on: November 13, 2023, 08:19:00 AM »
It’s unlikely we’re ever going to get a more dramatic setup than last year. Senior night evening game  at home with a win clinching a spot in the title game.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25806 on: November 13, 2023, 08:53:13 AM »
It’s unlikely we’re ever going to get a more dramatic setup than last year. Senior night evening game  at home with a win clinching a spot in the title game.
That was a very fun game (minus the rain).

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25807 on: November 13, 2023, 09:14:31 AM »
When was the last time you were this excited for the Dillon's Sunflower Showdown? I know there is the temptation to pretend not to care about the Dillons in order to look cool for your friends but ngl, I'm excited to see my Cats play in primetime under the lights (I think they have some installed at DBKMS now). With the power of the lights and the strong arm of Will Howard, I believe the Cats prevail. I hope the Cats (and Catfans) will take this beautiful song as motivation for the week:

"Oh, give me a shot at the night
Give me a moment, some kinda mysterious
Look at my reflection in the mirror
Underneath the power of the light
Give me a shot at the night"

No lights in the portapotties though  :frown:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25808 on: November 13, 2023, 09:35:13 AM »
I just wanna win, and get that much closer to potentially defending our title
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25811 on: November 14, 2023, 11:30:32 AM »
Genuinely concerned about Bean's health and how the KU fans want to rush him back.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #25812 on: November 14, 2023, 11:34:12 AM »
I am pleased that I will be able to see this game in person.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25813 on: November 14, 2023, 11:46:30 AM »
Hell ya DBT, you going decked out in Purp?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #25814 on: November 14, 2023, 11:49:04 AM »
Hell ya DBT, you going decked out in Purp?
I will be wearing so much purple, you have no idea!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25816 on: November 14, 2023, 12:39:24 PM »
Guys, we might 64-0 KU.

I just have this feeling....

If you don't win by at least 64, it will be an embarrassment for KSU. But I'm confident you'll do it.

Kleiman takes his foot off the gas and mashes the brake while ripping the ebrake the minute he confirms that our walkons could whip an opponent.  This will be no different.  He will play blindfolded with both arms tied behind back and also with 10 guys.  Snyder would run it up, Kleiman almost tries to give shitty teams hope.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25817 on: November 14, 2023, 12:41:18 PM »
35-24

Squawks believe that they beat us by 2-3 scores with healthy Daniels.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25818 on: November 14, 2023, 01:09:45 PM »
Guys, we might 64-0 KU.

If you don't win by at least 64, it will be an embarrassment for KSU. But I'm confident you'll do it.
I went to that game in Lawrence in 2002, and learned how brutal LHCBS actually is.  KU was on K-State's side of the field, trying to get into field goal range so they wouldn't be shut out.  Cats were playing 2nd and 3rd string players.  When KU had a 3rd down,  LHCBS subbed almost the entire defense with starters and crammed KU behind their line of scrimmage, forcing a punt.  He had absolutely no mercy on those poor Jayhawks.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25819 on: November 14, 2023, 01:11:59 PM »
Guys, we might 64-0 KU.

I went to that game in Lawrence in 2002, and learned how brutal LHCBS actually is.  KU was on K-State's side of the field, trying to get into field goal range so they wouldn't be shut out.  Cats were playing 2nd and 3rd string players.  When KU had a 3rd down,  LHCBS subbed almost the entire defense with starters and crammed KU behind their line of scrimmage, forcing a punt.  He had absolutely no mercy on those poor Jayhawks.

And how do you feel about that kind of thing? Does it fire you up?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25820 on: November 14, 2023, 01:14:57 PM »
Guys, we might 64-0 KU.

it is funny and there is a long list of Self doing it to the hapless bozos we had coaching back in the day

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25821 on: November 14, 2023, 01:18:10 PM »
Guys, we might 64-0 KU.

At the time, I thought it was hilarious, and now that I think about it, I still do.  However, the post was to highlight the apparent difference between Coach Klieman, who sometimes takes his foot off the gas pedal, to LHCBS, who did not. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25822 on: November 14, 2023, 01:21:06 PM »
Guys, we might 64-0 KU.

it is funny and there is a long list of Self doing it to the hapless bozos we had coaching back in the day

I know better than to get butthurt about it. I'm also skeptical of your assertion re: Self. Maybe I'm biased. Plus, it seems more humiliating to treat a peer like some DIII tuneup game than to keep the starters in late when the game is entirely out of reach.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25823 on: November 14, 2023, 01:23:07 PM »
Guys, we might 64-0 KU.

At the time, I thought it was hilarious, and now that I think about it, I still do.  However, the post was to highlight the apparent difference between Coach Klieman, who sometimes takes his foot off the gas pedal, to LHCBS, who did not.

Understood, and thanks for explaining.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25824 on: November 14, 2023, 01:25:16 PM »
Guys, we might 64-0 KU.

I know better than to get butthurt about it. I'm also skeptical of your assertion re: Self. Maybe I'm biased. Plus, it seems more humiliating to treat a peer like some DIII tuneup game than to keep the starters in late when the game is entirely out of reach.

also Self was just some dude coaching at illinois back in 2002 it would be a couple years til oscar weber officiated his fake funeral