Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3221068 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #25825 on: November 14, 2023, 04:29:20 PM »
Guys, we might 64-0 KU.

I just have this feeling....

If you don't win by at least 64, it will be an embarrassment for KSU. But I'm confident you'll do it.
I went to that game in Lawrence in 2002, and learned how brutal LHCBS actually is.  KU was on K-State's side of the field, trying to get into field goal range so they wouldn't be shut out.  Cats were playing 2nd and 3rd string players.  When KU had a 3rd down,  LHCBS subbed almost the entire defense with starters and crammed KU behind their line of scrimmage, forcing a punt.  He had absolutely no mercy on those poor Jayhawks.
iirc the post game quotes said the 1st team D subbed back in on thier own

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #25826 on: November 14, 2023, 04:34:13 PM »
Another hof move by lhcbs
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #25827 on: November 14, 2023, 04:41:49 PM »
35-24

Squawks believe that they beat us by 2-3 scores with healthy Daniels.
They are wrong about Daniels. He’s healthy. However, I do agree that they would be favored if he wanted to play for KU.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25828 on: November 14, 2023, 07:36:03 PM »
35-24

Squawks believe that they beat us by 2-3 scores with healthy Daniels.
They are wrong about Daniels. He’s healthy. However, I do agree that they would be favored if he wanted to play for KU.
What is the best team Daniels has even beaten?

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25829 on: November 14, 2023, 07:41:09 PM »
I saw on twitter that Skylar has more conf wins at the booth than Daniels does  :sdeek:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25830 on: November 14, 2023, 07:55:17 PM »
It is taking me too long to do this reliably but I’m not sure Daniels has ever beaten a Big 12 team that finished the season bowl eligible.

(Assuming I’m right) Newcomer BYU has a chance to break that streak this year.

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25831 on: November 14, 2023, 07:58:42 PM »
Guys, we might 64-0 KU.

If you don't win by at least 64, it will be an embarrassment for KSU. But I'm confident you'll do it.
I went to that game in Lawrence in 2002, and learned how brutal LHCBS actually is.  KU was on K-State's side of the field, trying to get into field goal range so they wouldn't be shut out.  Cats were playing 2nd and 3rd string players.  When KU had a 3rd down,  LHCBS subbed almost the entire defense with starters and crammed KU behind their line of scrimmage, forcing a punt.  He had absolutely no mercy on those poor Jayhawks.

I heard it was some guy who used to run ksufans.com that did it!

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25832 on: November 14, 2023, 08:37:34 PM »
Guys, we might 64-0 KU.

I heard it was some guy who used to run ksufans.com that did it!

Terry?  That SOB!  :Woot:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25833 on: November 15, 2023, 10:51:05 PM »
Lucky_Ned_Pepper
Posted on 108 mins, , User Since 33 months ago, User Post Count: 753
108 mins
33 months
I still miss the track. No idea how I’ll survive the demo

I have not kept up on the new stadium, is there a confirmed demolition date?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25834 on: November 15, 2023, 10:58:00 PM »
Lucky_Ned_Pepper
Posted on 108 mins, , User Since 33 months ago, User Post Count: 753
108 mins
33 months
I still miss the track. No idea how I’ll survive the demo

I have not kept up on the new stadium, is there a confirmed demolition date?

Contractually, it's like within 2 weeks of the last game. Would hate to live around 11th and Mississippi for the next few years.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25835 on: November 16, 2023, 08:37:14 AM »
Was talking to a buddy about the cost increase for the renovations, and got into the design. It will be a neat little stadium with minimal fan amenities (wish they'd drop the exoskeleton too), and will probably give them the 11th-13th best stadium in the new Big 12, if the plan is fully completed. It's crazy how far behind they currently are for this to get them there.

They could build a pretty incredible new stadium that moves them into the top half of the league with that $400 mill if done at a new site. But I understand wanting to keep that setting  :love:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25836 on: November 16, 2023, 08:49:34 AM »
the setting is worth more than 400M alone

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #25837 on: November 16, 2023, 08:56:13 AM »
Guys, almost zero KU fans have ever set foot in an opposing school’s stadium. They will have no idea what they are missing.  Whatever they build, their fans will simply assume it must be the best in the league, if not the entire country.

Being the architect or general contractor for anything at KU is the easiest job in the world.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25838 on: November 16, 2023, 09:04:31 AM »
Guys, almost zero KU fans have ever set foot in an opposing school’s stadium. They will have no idea what they are missing.  Whatever they build, their fans will simply assume it must be the best in the league, if not the entire country.

Being the architect or general contractor for anything at KU is the easiest job in the world.

This.  KU does a better job of persuading their students/alumni that everything they have or do is the best in the country.  My KU friends tell me that K-State has a crappy campus, and KU's is the most scenic in the US.  Just to give you some framework for the level of delusion at KU. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25839 on: November 16, 2023, 09:08:50 AM »

This.  KU does a better job of persuading their students/alumni that everything they have or do is the best in the country.  My KU friends tell me that K-State has a crappy campus, and KU's is the most scenic in the US.  Just to give you some framework for the level of delusion at KU. 

Very true. I mean, until 48 hours ago, they thought they were the only place in America that read newspapers while the other teams basketball lineup was announced.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25840 on: November 16, 2023, 09:12:59 AM »

It's a little sad how true this is. Outside of a few with the will and means to travel to an away football game, they really don't comprehend how far behind they are.

I still don't believe they're going to get it completed. These cost overruns and unrealistic estimates are going to cut this whole thing down at the knees.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #25841 on: November 16, 2023, 09:48:42 AM »
History Awaits!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #25842 on: November 16, 2023, 09:54:06 AM »

Very true. I mean, until 48 hours ago, they thought they were the only place in America that read newspapers while the other teams basketball lineup was announced.

Newspapers?  :lol: :lol:. Think about that for a second.. :cyclist:  I'm sure most of them don't even know what those are?  It would be more realistic if they used a printed version of their 5 level one infractions that they skated on wouldn't it? :dunno:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25843 on: November 16, 2023, 09:55:46 AM »
exactly how many hills do you think are in the continental united states?

you might want to up your estimate

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25844 on: November 16, 2023, 10:13:07 AM »
Also, how many hills have their own website with event calendar?
https://calendar.ku.edu/the_hill

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25845 on: November 16, 2023, 10:29:14 AM »
Even if you found a hill with the same scenery (you can't). Could you find one with with Carillons on it?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25846 on: November 16, 2023, 10:39:07 AM »
Also, how many hills have their own website with event calendar?
https://calendar.ku.edu/the_hill
The hill needs to hire a better publicist. That social media presence is awful.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25847 on: November 16, 2023, 11:06:31 AM »

Absolutely, they essentially assume we don't have running water cause they don't with all those port of potties
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #25848 on: November 16, 2023, 11:11:29 AM »
exactly how many hills do you think are in the continental united states?

you might want to up your estimate
How many hills have seen Eddie Vedder climb the scaffolding during a concert? Good times in Lawrence.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #25849 on: November 16, 2023, 11:55:23 AM »
Starting to get excited, guys! :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid:

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f