Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3221815 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Someone on Twitter called it Jurassic Park, and I can't get it out of my head.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Only doing suites on one side of the stadium seems like a bad/self-limiting decision.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
There is absolutely no way the final product ends up looking like that. The stadium's final capacity is currently set at 41,000.

The rendering looks like it holds double that.

Also, where's the limestone???

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Remember, the indoor was going to have lovely all white interior walls with a fantastic "Jayhawks" blue and red pad all around.

Reality - Hitler/Rommel's Atlantic Wall style walls with a default blue pad around the lower part.   :frown:

Had like .4% of the pop of the original renderings.

Very disappointing.  :frown:

I really feel like we got default football guy'd on that one as well.   :blank:

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
Quote from: the phog
If we make 3 straight bowl games and season tickets are close or sold out I woud think they could push phase 2 along pretty quickly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: In the 130+ years of jayhawk football that's never been done, but sure, go ahead and put your money on it.

Quote from: sonofdaxjones
Remember, the indoor was going to have lovely all white interior walls with a fantastic "Jayhawks" blue and red pad all around.

Reality - Hitler/Rommel's Atlantic Wall style walls with a default blue pad around the lower part.   :frown:

I really do like the renderings. I just don't believe the final product is going to look anything like the renderings.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They should make the fly trap functional. Close it up when the weather is bad.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So this is going to be done in phases?  I haven't read anything, just looked at the renderings of Venus Fly Trap-Top Golf-Booth Stadium at the Bird Cage

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
There is absolutely no way the final product ends up looking like that. The stadium's final capacity is currently set at 41,000.

The rendering looks like it holds double that.

Also, where's the limestone???

TCU's stadium holds 47k but I think it looks like it holds more... when you add a bunch of levels and stands to a stadium it makes it look more busy and large without growing the capacity. The old bowls (like what KU currently has) is the most efficient way to fit a bunch of people. That's part of the reason the biggest stadiums are essentially one or two large stands, not a stadium with 3-4 stacked stands.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
MEET ME AT THE TRAP!
Dude holy crap this caught me so off guard :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
really excited for ski-be's take. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
This is basically an entirely new stadium w a budget of $300 million, right? Seems very difficult to pull off. Baylor spent 265 mil on their new stadium 11 years ago, and they had the brick wall tarp to show for it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
This is basically an entirely new stadium w a budget of $300 million, right? Seems very difficult to pull off. Baylor spent 265 mil on their new stadium 11 years ago, and they had the brick wall tarp to show for it.
and it wasn't built on the existing footprint.  hard to believe they can demo and build that for $300m.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The price will go up, and Gov. Kelly and our other boosters in the gov't will foot the bill.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
i don't see why KU didn't just gut the concourses, stretch out the cool north bowl facade, and add gridiron clubs all the way around above the bowl and make it boone pickens stadium north.  would've been cheaper, more aesthetic, and could've been done without the humiliating capacity reduction imo.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Humiliating capacity reduction, LOL.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
As Phogistan kicked around the post 1997 work on The Booth, and realized most of the money went to make sure that dump didn't come tumbling to the ground and did very little to improve the overall general fan experience. 

If any of those people are still around and had 2025 or 2026 on their score sheet as to when The Booth would get a full remodel.  Congratulations and YAHTZEE!!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
sounds like there’s some smoke and mirrors going on
the $300M isn’t delivering everything in their fundraising commercial released today

https://x.com/alexgold/status/1691591075721331027?s=61&t=kHH-k8anwIfPUMhwWRaDiA

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's gold, Alex.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The price will go up, and Gov. Kelly and our other boosters in the gov't will foot the bill.

You’re welcome, poors

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
You guys got the cruise ship. We got the Viking ship. And also the governor slobbing all over our knobs. Plus, Todd Reesing was there spreading his herpes around.
Meet the clap at the trap

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
well regardless, i’m excited to see the project come together.  it would be cool to see the finished product host some live music events too.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I agree and would like to see Mott The Hoople christen the old bird.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Call it the bird cage, embrace the bird cage. Make it yours, our bball arena was some stupid octagon for 20 years until we made it the octagon of doom.

#BirdCage

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Snapdragon-Venus Flytrap-Booth Stadium on a very very low budget