Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3301800 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
at least they will ditch the #1 lamest nickname in sports.  RIP "The booth"

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Was this actually proposed by a professional design firm or just some rival fan trolling?

Why is premium seating being positioned at the corner of the end zone, one of the worst spots to watch a football game?

Isn't this a view from Anderson Football Complex?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I mean, David Booth is going nowhere, and that was made clear yesterday as he was one of the speakers alongside the Chancellor, the Athletic Director, and the frickin' Governor of Kansas.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
Good lord Spracne. Get over to the phog and get your buddies in line. There are more people pissing and moaning in there about the new stadium than there are on KSU or Mizzou boards.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Good lord Spracne. Get over to the phog and get your buddies in line. There are more people pissing and moaning in there about the new stadium than there are on KSU or Mizzou boards.

Yeah, they're the worst. It's not my problem to deal with. The "tee-shirt fans" thread did crack me up, though.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

I mean, David Booth is going nowhere, and that was made clear yesterday as he was one of the speakers alongside the Chancellor, the Athletic Director, and the frickin' Governor of Kansas.

Of course the donors won't go anywhere.  Just the humiliating nickname for the stadium

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Of course the donors won't go anywhere.  Just the humiliating nickname for the stadium

Meh, "The Booth" is like #6,349 on my list of things to give a crap about. Now, why we named the building to house the original rules after de oscar, on the other hand ...

Offline Hawk1415

• Fan
    • View Profile
my antivirus goes crazy when I click those

Its closer to SDSU in terms of the spikes, stadium layout (no big press box), decision not to "wrap" the stadium to cover the stands more extensively etc etc.

That said, I agree missed opportunity.

All I see is a TCU / HSK knockoff

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
It's like Amon G. Carter if instead of the grandiose exterior facade it had giant chicken wire attached to one side and a 119th street office park attached to the other

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
It would be nice if the K-State AD would put individual seating for the majority of the fans; instead of always catering to the rich assholes.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
It's like Amon G. Carter if instead of the grandiose exterior facade it had giant chicken wire attached to one side and a 119th street office park attached to the other
and led book lamp-clips coming out the top

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
wow fellas how about the size of that picture?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Some salty taters in hurr.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The only salt here is the tears of joy for all those Phogistinians who have been waiting nearly 30 years for this to happen.

The next part of the tears of joy will be when the FOIA's start flying (again) as people (once again) ask how this was all funded, and what were the real deals that were signed.  It's going to be wonderful.   :thumbsup:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
I think the lights look cool. Better to be unique imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
History awaits!

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
The next part of the tears of joy will be when the FOIA's start flying (again) as people (once again) ask how this was all funded, and what were the real deals that were signed.  It's going to be wonderful.   :thumbsup:

That won't happen until after the stadium is complete and people look around and go "Wait a second, this looks nothing like those cool renderings we saw. WTF?"

Offline Hawk1415

• Fan
    • View Profile
Some salty taters in hurr.

After nearly 2 decades of discussion, rounds and rounds of fundraising, and 16 months of another steering committee it's underwhelming.  Looks like someone had a paper due at midnight and told a friend you'd go to the wheel for 1 beer at noon and stayed till 10:30. I'm guessing there will be many updates and the final product will be different in 2 years.

Hoping this isn't a Zenger move that did the same thing with the Stanford Stadium. It baffles me no one has a vision for the property other than a cut and paste of another universities stadium. Maybe it's KU's issue, maybe it's HNTB's issue.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
as a key donor (Kansas taxpayer) i expected more

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They need something small, with decent amenities, and that they won't have to touch for 30.  If this thing checks those boxes, great.  I'm hoping they actually do it this time.

The multiple, smaller levels should help them look like they have fans there on TV.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I don't think this looks like TCU at all.

Also, I think the corener screens look awesome and will be a great spot for the new HypnoHawk reveal.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
No shade, I'd be anxious to build a brand new stadium on the back of a half season of success. I get they had to strike while the iron's hot, and also to keep their coach, but holy moly they better hope Leipold stays and they can repeat/grow their success when Daniels leaves. Oh well, I guess wildcats and shockers are footing a good chunk of the bill.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No shade, I'd be anxious to build a brand new stadium on the back of a half season of success. I get they had to strike while the iron's hot, and also to keep their coach, but holy moly they better hope Leipold stays and they can repeat/grow their success when Daniels leaves. Oh well, I guess wildcats and shockers are footing a good chunk of the bill.

They are reducing seating considerably, it's not like they need 65k people 7 saturdays a year to make this financially viable
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
They need something small, with decent amenities, and that they won't have to touch for 30.  If this thing checks those boxes, great.  I'm hoping they actually do it this time.

The multiple, smaller levels should help them look like they have fans there on TV.
I think they should start with basic amenities like working toilets and concessions that sell more than nachos and pizza slices(when they actually have either to sell)
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

They are reducing seating considerably, it's not like they need 65k people 7 saturdays a year to make this financially viable

And winning fills seats, whether 65k or 40k. It takes a long time to pay off $300M+ with 7 Saturdays of 15k actual paying customers at often reduced rates.

I’m not arguing they had much choice, just that it would make me nervous having such a small track record of even being .500. Many stadiums with better records are still seeing declines. I hope they succeed. Rising tides…a la SEC.