Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3208397 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I will bet $100 that Lance goes to Wisconsin.

I will take that gentleman's bet.  No way they'd be happy with him.

I'd invite you to look at their hiring history. They've literally never hired a name coach, ever, unless you count Gary Andersen who was 3 games above .500 at Utah State before Wisconsin hired him.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

I'd invite you to look at their hiring history. They've literally never hired a name coach, ever, unless you count Gary Andersen who was 3 games above .500 at Utah State before Wisconsin hired him.

I'd invite you to take a piece of that hundy bet?
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

OK, but I have a qualifier to add before we formalize this. The bet is off if they promote from within and don’t hire an outside candidate. Deal?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Kansas finally gets legal betting and you guys have turned into wacky on kickball night

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'd invite you to take a piece of that hundy bet?

They would be plenty happy with him but they're going to give Leonhard the chance to earn the job and I'm guessing he won't have to do much to get it.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

OK, but I have a qualifier to add before we formalize this. The bet is off if they promote from within and don’t hire an outside candidate. Deal?

Deal.  :kstategrad:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile

Should be an interesting bet....as of now LL would have to be number 1 for Wisconsin...but there is a lot of season left, is 6-6/7-5 LL enough for Wisconsin to pull the trigger? 

Is Wisconsin a better job than Nebraska ?!?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wisconsin is a better job than Nebraska.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
I made a notation in my notebook that y'all are soooo afraid of what LL is building at Kansas. Sad. Cowards!

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
hot take but this situation is not ideal for ku

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Kansas finally gets legal betting and you guys have turned into wacky on kickball night
[/quote :lol:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

:thumbs:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
I made a notation in my notebook that y'all are soooo afraid of what LL is building at Kansas. Sad. Cowards!

Everyone LOVES what Lance Lightpole is doing with the KU football program, and everyone is equally BUMMED that Lance won't stick around to finish it. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There are a few pages of this thread from the summer that are pretty incredible to look back and read.

Crazy we are where we are right now. Good for the Hawks and good for Lance.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
So, is TCU good?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, is TCU good?

Appears so far statistically they are the best team in the league. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Everyone LOVES what Lance Lightpole is doing with the KU football program, and everyone is equally BUMMED that Lance won't stick around to finish it.

Lance would be a huge outlier if he 1. stuck around or 2. didn't fall apart. 

Look up KU Football Record by Year and scan back to see the last time they had 3 winning records/years in a row.  Get your scroll thumb nice and loose first, though.

They should be able to have nice things.  Why won't they?  For a while now, I have blamed Self.  I figured that anytime a booster or administrator said anything about money for sports, Self pushed the BB team in front and took it all.  However, this problem seems like it has much more history than Self. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, is TCU good?

No one in this conference has a good win. Their best win is SMU. The metrics has the Big 12 as the #2 conference right now and will likely finish that way but it's so fools goldy. The conference noncon is full of wins against terrible teams from other P5 conferences like, Missouri, Arizona State, Nebraska, Duke, and Virginia Tech.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, is TCU good?

No one in this conference has a good win. Their best win is SMU. The metrics has the Big 12 as the #2 conference right now and will likely finish that way but it's so fools goldy. The conference noncon is full of wins against terrible teams from other P5 conferences like, Missouri, Arizona State, Nebraska, Duke, and Virginia Tech.

The best win in the conference is a 1 point loss to Alabama.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, is TCU good?

I think the best is probably OSU gun to my head but CHONGS loves TCU and Max Duggan does look pretty damn good right now. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, is TCU good?

I think the best is probably OSU gun to my head but CHONGS loves TCU and Max Duggan does look pretty damn good right now.

Those two teams have the worst schedules to this point. On it's face OSU's win against Baylor is the best win in the conference this year, but we've seen nothing to think that Baylor is any better than OU.

The winner of KU/TCU will have the best win and is in the driver's seat for Arlington. They also should be considered the best team in the conference, to that point.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
TCU has a ton of on paper talent

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

And some dude with the last name Riley as the OC

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That paper talent kicked the absolute crap out of OU IRL Saturday.