Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145907 times)

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22975 on: September 04, 2021, 04:28:46 PM »
Grats Hawks!  Here's hoping it's not another 677 days 'til the next win  :cheers:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22976 on: September 04, 2021, 06:37:52 PM »
A great day for team :tsc:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22977 on: September 04, 2021, 07:00:05 PM »
I suppose they have to hope that Lance falls on his sword and recruits HS kids and tries to develop them even though it will likely get him fired.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22978 on: September 04, 2021, 07:10:16 PM »
I am all for rushing the field court, did you see how happy those kids were? That's what college sports is all about  :love:

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22979 on: September 04, 2021, 07:32:31 PM »
Yeah it makes complete and total sense for them to rush the field. Any win this season should be followed by a field rushing.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22980 on: September 05, 2021, 01:04:49 PM »
That video made me very happy, it's what being a fan is all about
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22981 on: September 05, 2021, 01:17:54 PM »
We rushed the field and tore down goal posts at the start of the HCBS era. I mean only once his first year, but still.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22982 on: September 05, 2021, 02:10:30 PM »
We rushed the field and tore down goal posts at the start of the HCBS era. I mean only once his first year, but still.

This isn't even remotely true

The last time I remember was Nebraska in 2000 but there were many in the 90's

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #22983 on: September 05, 2021, 03:32:45 PM »
I think he means we only did it once in his first year, 1989, because of course that season we only won one game.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22984 on: September 05, 2021, 03:34:46 PM »
Yeah. It’s when they put in the insured goalposts that the maker said were indestructible.    We actually got one of those down, first time ever.  People made fun saying we didn’t know how to tear down a goalpost, but the manufacturer had to replace for free. If you looked close there was a 2 inch thick steel plate support angle right at the connection with the cross bar.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22985 on: September 05, 2021, 03:46:23 PM »
Yeah. It’s when they put in the insured goalposts that the maker said were indestructible.    We actually got one of those down, first time ever.  People made fun saying we didn’t know how to tear down a goalpost, but the manufacturer had to replace for free. If you looked close there was a 2 inch thick steel plate support angle right at the connection with the cross bar.
I was hanging from the cross bar on that one for a brief time. People were pulling on my legs though and I was about half a second from showing most of the student body everything I was working with so I decided letting go was a good idea.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22986 on: September 07, 2021, 11:16:17 AM »
So I ventured over to Phogistan to get some hot takes.

It appears the fan experience at KU Memorial Stadium is still a total dumpster fire.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22987 on: September 07, 2021, 12:36:58 PM »
when i saw them rush the field, i was reminded they still have chain link fence around their field.  i remember how bad we wanted the limestone field wall but the old railing was 1,000 x's more aesthetically  pleasing than what they have.  probably should have just gave them that.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22988 on: September 07, 2021, 01:02:44 PM »
remember when we PI’d them into removing their track?  lol

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22989 on: September 07, 2021, 01:12:19 PM »
How’d the jiffy lube look? Any specials on full synthetic change or anything?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22990 on: September 08, 2021, 03:50:49 PM »
Coastal Carolina is a 27-point favorite according to Circa Sports despite our fighting Jayhawks winning their last game.

They just can't get any respect.  :shakesfist:

Offline thunderbowlt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22991 on: September 08, 2021, 04:44:59 PM »
when i saw them rush the field, i was reminded they still have chain link fence around their field.  i remember how bad we wanted the limestone field wall but the old railing was 1,000 x's more aesthetically  pleasing than what they have.  probably should have just gave them that.

I grew up with hand me downs.  It kind of made me feel important getting my big brother's stuff.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22992 on: September 08, 2021, 06:47:48 PM »
New thought- since ku only apparently plays football on fridays now, we should let them play at bsfs for free. There would already always be a bunch of football fans in town looking for a free-$10 thing to do Friday before a cats game. The stadium would probably attract just as many fans but it would be nicer and maybe ku could make more money off parking and nicer suites/amenities.  :dunno:

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22993 on: September 08, 2021, 07:32:36 PM »
New thought- since ku only apparently plays football on fridays now, we should let them play at bsfs for free. There would already always be a bunch of football fans in town looking for a free-$10 thing to do Friday before a cats game. The stadium would probably attract just as many fans but it would be nicer and maybe ku could make more money off parking and nicer suites/amenities.  :dunno:
I think this is a decent idea, but a few thousand fans may actually be attending high school football on fridays.  Now “just back high school up to Thursday” which would be fine, except that is middle school night.  “Just back that up to wednesday” but then you get the “that’s church night” crowd and here we are with Tuesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday football weeks?

Wait a second, we may have something here.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22994 on: September 09, 2021, 07:33:14 AM »
maybe we add more days to the week?  take it from 7 to 9?  4 day weekend, companies can keep their 5 day work week?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22995 on: September 09, 2021, 08:38:57 AM »
I think this is a decent idea, but a few thousand fans may actually be attending high school football on fridays.  Now “just back high school up to Thursday” which would be fine, except that is middle school night.  “Just back that up to wednesday” but then you get the “that’s church night” crowd and here we are with Tuesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday football weeks?

Wait a second, we may have something here.

Let the high school play at BSFS. Manhattan High can accommodate KU.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22996 on: September 09, 2021, 08:40:07 AM »
this is an incredibly stupid idea because you just lost your "kc metro area" hook, thanks for literally nothing Dr Idiot

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22997 on: September 09, 2021, 08:41:38 AM »
The 7 day week is hilariously outdated, time for a change imho

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22998 on: September 09, 2021, 12:56:21 PM »
this is an incredibly stupid idea because you just lost your "kc metro area" hook, thanks for literally nothing Dr Idiot

It's also a ridiculous idea because there are no KU fans in Western Kansas (aka West of Club Orleans).

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22999 on: September 09, 2021, 01:24:33 PM »

It's also a ridiculous idea because there are no KU fans in Western Kansas (aka West of Club Orleans).

Breakers has moved into the Club Orleans location.  It's your one stop shop for when you want to play pool but also do that in a place with a slightly dirty vibe.