Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3147169 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #23000 on: September 09, 2021, 01:27:47 PM »
New thought- since ku only apparently plays football on fridays now, we should let them play at bsfs for free. There would already always be a bunch of football fans in town looking for a free-$10 thing to do Friday before a cats game. The stadium would probably attract just as many fans but it would be nicer and maybe ku could make more money off parking and nicer suites/amenities.  :dunno:
this is an incredibly stupid idea because you just lost your "kc metro area" hook, thanks for literally nothing Dr Idiot

It's also a ridiculous idea because there are no KU fans in Western Kansas (aka West of Club Orleans).

But there are already football fans in town because the cats would be playing on Saturday and those fans want cheap entertainment. I’m just saying ku could probably sell as many tickets and more than likely make more money. They already play most of their games on Friday. Make it happen and then they also don’t have to worry about trying to get money to build a new stadium. It’s nothing but a win for them and kstate fans who want something to do Friday night before our bigger game on Saturday.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23001 on: September 09, 2021, 01:36:59 PM »
New thought- since ku only apparently plays football on fridays now, we should let them play at bsfs for free. There would already always be a bunch of football fans in town looking for a free-$10 thing to do Friday before a cats game. The stadium would probably attract just as many fans but it would be nicer and maybe ku could make more money off parking and nicer suites/amenities.  :dunno:
this is an incredibly stupid idea because you just lost your "kc metro area" hook, thanks for literally nothing Dr Idiot

It's also a ridiculous idea because there are no KU fans in Western Kansas (aka West of Club Orleans).

But there are already football fans in town because the cats would be playing on Saturday and those fans want cheap entertainment. I’m just saying ku could probably sell as many tickets and more than likely make more money. They already play most of their games on Friday. Make it happen and then they also don’t have to worry about trying to get money to build a new stadium. It’s nothing but a win for them and kstate fans who want something to do Friday night before our bigger game on Saturday.

I'm down, but only if the townies/students are required to wear our colors at the stadium.

Offline KSNimrod

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23002 on: September 09, 2021, 01:38:13 PM »
You guys are all so kind!  I think there's plenty of folks who not only like football but who would also pay a BIG10 dollars (Catchy little promotion you heard here first if our/their Athletic Dept. tries to cash in on it...) to not only watch the fightin birds get wacked on the field but also to see some prospective new BIGXII conference members or even some up and coming online charter high schools that don't exist pound the pigskin?  Either way, it's sweet of us to offer up the BSFS for them in their time of need. 

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23003 on: September 10, 2021, 08:04:28 AM »

Breakers has moved into the Club Orleans location.  It's your one stop shop for when you want to play pool but also do that in a place with a slightly dirty vibe.

Interesting. I knew it wasn't Club Orleans anymore, but wasn't sure what had become of it. Breakers has a FB page for those who are curious.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23004 on: September 10, 2021, 06:47:28 PM »
Squawks draw first blood!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23005 on: September 10, 2021, 08:06:55 PM »
let's get this stop before half!

Offline Duncan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23006 on: September 10, 2021, 08:40:08 PM »
Great showing so far. B10 and SEC are frothing at their mouths, ready to extend an offer. Coastal Carolina will be a great add for either conference.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #23007 on: September 10, 2021, 08:54:26 PM »
Sad to say but I think this is the least LOL'zy KU team in ages. Watching their games just got a lot more boring. KU's QB Bean has made some amazing throws today. Just completed a 40-yard pass rolling left, off his wrong foot, across his body. Mahomes, Jr.??? :ump:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 09:06:13 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23008 on: September 10, 2021, 10:06:13 PM »
Put up way more of a fight than I anticipated
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #23009 on: September 10, 2021, 10:50:46 PM »
very solid 27 point loss to coastal carolinas.  leaps and bounds better than last year's 15 point loss.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #23010 on: September 10, 2021, 10:52:47 PM »
Sad to say but I think this is the least LOL'zy KU team in ages. Watching their games just got a lot more boring. KU's QB Bean has made some amazing throws today. Just completed a 40-yard pass rolling left, off his wrong foot, across his body. Mahomes, Jr.??? :ump:
did you see the part where

- 4th and 8, field goal time baby
- crap the chants blocked the field goal
- hell yeah chants was offsides, 4th and 3 let's go for it
- damn they stuffed us oh well get'em next time

that felt like pretty familiar

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23011 on: September 10, 2021, 11:00:35 PM »
Def. That part was a great throwback. As was the last drive.

“We’re down 49-22, aka 27 points. Spread was 26.5. We’re driving down the field and can at least beag the spread with a meaningless field goal in the last :30 of the game. Should we do it? Nope, let’s go for it on 4th and get sacked instead.”

Also hilarious tha Coastal covered the spread because KU missed an extra point in the first quarter. Increds.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #23012 on: September 10, 2021, 11:03:11 PM »
Def. That part was a great throwback. As was the last drive.

“We’re down 49-22, aka 27 points. Spread was 26.5. We’re driving down the field and can at least beag the spread with a meaningless field goal in the last :30 of the game. Should we do it? Nope, let’s go for it on 4th and get sacked instead.”

Also hilarious tha Coastal covered the spread because KU missed an extra point in the first quarter. Increds.
Kicking a field goal to beat the spread is a losery move (although I'm pleased they did because I bet against them  :gocho:)

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23013 on: September 10, 2021, 11:49:08 PM »
Devin Neal looked good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23014 on: September 11, 2021, 12:01:36 AM »
The Hawks may have got their asses kicked but I think they looked better than last year using the always reliable eye test.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #23015 on: September 11, 2021, 08:43:53 AM »
Yes.  These annual ass kickings by Coastal Carolina are looking better.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #23016 on: September 11, 2021, 08:46:04 AM »
OMG.  While next year they get a reprieve from Coastal Carolina, they get to Houston's super bowl.   :excited:  Do you know how rough ridin' horned up Houston is going to be for that game? LOL

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2022/team/kansas

Offline SteelCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23017 on: September 11, 2021, 12:15:58 PM »
With the KU loss last night they missed out on having their third 2-game winning streak since the 2010 season. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #23018 on: September 11, 2021, 01:10:39 PM »
With the KU loss last night they missed out on having their third 2-game winning streak since the 2010 season.
Sweet baby Jesus
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #23019 on: September 11, 2021, 01:31:52 PM »
What’s the rolling 100 losses in a decade at now? What do we need to do this year?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #23020 on: September 11, 2021, 03:55:02 PM »
What’s the rolling 100 losses in a decade at now? What do we need to do this year?
I think they either need to lose out or maybe win 1 game max
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23021 on: September 11, 2021, 04:33:59 PM »
12 = 1-11
13 = 3-9
14 = 3-9
15 = 0-12
16 = 2-10
17 = 1-11
18 = 3-9
19 = 3-9
20 = 0-9
21 = 1-1

so currently at 90; magic number is 10 (so yes, must lose out)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23022 on: September 11, 2021, 06:56:52 PM »
12 = 1-11
13 = 3-9
14 = 3-9
15 = 0-12
16 = 2-10
17 = 1-11
18 = 3-9
19 = 3-9
20 = 0-9
21 = 1-1

so currently at 90; magic number is 10 (so yes, must lose out)

I think KU will find a way to eek out a win somewhere along the way. Anyone feel like a wager?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 07:07:06 PM by Spracne »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23023 on: September 11, 2021, 07:00:21 PM »
I also think they will. I think Mr. Bean will somehow will them to a sneaky dub somewhere.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #23024 on: September 11, 2021, 07:23:55 PM »
Yea, I think they'll likely pick up a win somewhere. They play Duke next game and they're watery crap so it might be soon