Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145913 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #21875 on: September 25, 2020, 01:09:53 PM »
What's the definition of blowout-y?  I'd assume Kleiman tacked one on there at least

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21876 on: September 26, 2020, 09:31:07 PM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

So KU has a halfway decent first half at Baylor. They head into the lockerroom down 17-7! Not bad!

To begin the second half, KU kicks it off to Baylor. Baylor instantly returns the kickoff for a touchdown.

Later in the 3rd quarter or maybe early in the 4th, Baylor has the ball and has a wacky fumble way in the backfield that KU should clearly recover but somehow doesn't. Baylor gets it back and gets tackled, then ends up with like 4th and 29. They punt it back to KU and down it right next to KU's goalline. Good! This should be super easy for KU to go 99 1/2 yards!

A few plays later, Baylor sacks their QB 8 yards deep in KU's end zone and does the Safety Dance. KU kicks it off after getting safetied and the very same Baylor returner from before takes it to the house for another touchdown. KU surrendered 9 points in like 0:08 of game time.

'Hawks started off the game up 7-0 but now trail 40-7.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 09:35:19 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #21877 on: September 26, 2020, 09:40:32 PM »
You take away that little 40-0 streak Baylor went on in the middle there and ku is winning by 2 scores

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21878 on: September 26, 2020, 09:46:41 PM »
Their ability to hire the wrong guy time after time is amazing. Fuzzy leavitt would have them on the road to a respectable 4-6 wins a year. Not happening with current guy.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21879 on: September 27, 2020, 12:25:41 AM »
you know, there's this thing about cfb where people are like "put the freshman qb in the rest of the way and invest in the future!" as if turning it over to jalon daniels who is 18 years old and had hardly any practices and is playing behind the worst OL in the P5 and getting pressured CONSTANTLY is good for his long term development.

also, les wearing sunglasses all night  :lol:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21880 on: September 27, 2020, 12:27:22 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

So KU has a halfway decent first half at Baylor. They head into the lockerroom down 17-7! Not bad!

To begin the second half, KU kicks it off to Baylor. Baylor instantly returns the kickoff for a touchdown.

Later in the 3rd quarter or maybe early in the 4th, Baylor has the ball and has a wacky fumble way in the backfield that KU should clearly recover but somehow doesn't. Baylor gets it back and gets tackled, then ends up with like 4th and 29. They punt it back to KU and down it right next to KU's goalline. Good! This should be super easy for KU to go 99 1/2 yards!

A few plays later, Baylor sacks their QB 8 yards deep in KU's end zone and does the Safety Dance. KU kicks it off after getting safetied and the very same Baylor returner from before takes it to the house for another touchdown. KU surrendered 9 points in like 0:08 of game time.

One of my favorite KU football episodes in a long time.  During the wacky fumble play when baylor recovered it i thought for a second they were going to find a way to run it in for a score, and in that millisecond i fantasized about the waterboy video with coach klein saying "ope, they fumbled it, but don't worry, they just pick it up and have plenty of time to take it in for a score"

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21881 on: September 27, 2020, 02:10:51 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

One of my favorite KU football episodes in a long time.  During the wacky fumble play when baylor recovered it i thought for a second they were going to find a way to run it in for a score, and in that millisecond i fantasized about the waterboy video with coach klein saying "ope, they fumbled it, but don't worry, they just pick it up and have plenty of time to take it in for a score"

Each episode is my favorite one since the previous week’s. It’s like, how does EV-E-RY game they play have something like this? They’re weekly. And they’re all incredible.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21882 on: September 27, 2020, 02:15:39 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Each episode is my favorite one since the previous week’s. It’s like, how does EV-E-RY game they play have something like this? They’re weekly. And they’re all incredible.
last week when a jayhawk had the ball out on the edge and the other jayhawk guy bonk'd into him and caused a fumble  :lol:

also every time baylor ran off tackle it looked like ku's ends and lbs were moving in slow motion.

also khalil herbert had like 180 total yards tonight for va tech and they won by like 20.  i can't imagine how depressing it must be for guys like pooka and APQUATRO to see that.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #21883 on: September 27, 2020, 06:44:48 AM »
I think rock bottom was hiring Turner Gill, or losing 6-3 to North Dakota St. before Craig Bohl had won any titles, or getting blown out by Southern Miss, or hiring Sheahon Zenger, or giving up 600 rush yards to Georgia Tech, or losing to a 5-5 Texas A&M team 61-7, or hiring Charlie Weis, or losing at home to a Rice team that went 7-6, or giving up 50+ points to KSU, OU, ISU, and WVU in the same season (while also giving up 40+ to Baylor and Texas Tech), or going all-in on JUCOs, or taking the wrong shoes to ISU and getting shut out, or giving up 60 to Baylor, or hiring David Beaty, or going winless (while giving up 40+ to South Dakota St. [41], Memphis [55], Baylor [66!], OSU [58], Oklahoma [62], Texas [59], WVU [49], and KSU [45]), or extending Beaty after a freak win over Texas, or going all-in on JUCOs, or getting blown out at home by Central Michigan 45-27, or getting shut out by ISU 45-0, or the running clock in a 43-0 loss to TCU (team leaders Peyton Bender 38 yds passing, Ben Johnson 35 yds receiving, Dean Thompson 10 yds rushing!), or losing a major college-record 46 straight road games, or going all-in on JUCOs, or starting what was supposed to be a "good" year with an OT loss to Nicholls State, or losing at home to Coastal Carolina, or losing at home to Coastal Carolina, or losing 50 (and counting!) straight conference road games.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21884 on: September 27, 2020, 07:23:43 AM »
HALL.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #21885 on: September 27, 2020, 08:49:11 AM »
Thought experiment:

10 years

12 games per

4 hours per game

30 minutes of sh1tposting per week of the season + 25 hours per offseason

= 790 hours

= 33 days

>= a month of my goddam life

= 1 NeatDeal

That’s a lot of wasted, frustrated hours. I should have spent that time on more productive and interesting pursuits, like replacing the carpet in my den one strand at a time, digging an escape tunnel out of my basement with a plastic spoon, or painting the house with a q-tip.

Not a day goes by I don't feel regret, and not because I'm here on phognet or because you think I should. I look back on myself the way I was...stupid kid who started rooting for Kansas football...wish I could talk sense to him. Tell him how things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone, this old man is all that's left, and I have to live with that.

I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21886 on: September 27, 2020, 08:51:44 AM »
last week when a jayhawk had the ball out on the edge and the other jayhawk guy bonk'd into him and caused a fumble  :lol:

also every time baylor ran off tackle it looked like ku's ends and lbs were moving in slow motion.

also khalil herbert had like 180 total yards tonight for va tech and they won by like 20.  i can't imagine how depressing it must be for guys like pooka and APQUATRO to see that.
this really stuck out to me too. I couldn't believe how slow they looked.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21887 on: September 27, 2020, 11:57:20 AM »
I think rock bottom was hiring Turner Gill, or losing 6-3 to North Dakota St. before Craig Bohl had won any titles, or getting blown out by Southern Miss, or hiring Sheahon Zenger, or giving up 600 rush yards to Georgia Tech, or losing to a 5-5 Texas A&M team 61-7, or hiring Charlie Weis, or losing at home to a Rice team that went 7-6, or giving up 50+ points to KSU, OU, ISU, and WVU in the same season (while also giving up 40+ to Baylor and Texas Tech), or going all-in on JUCOs, or taking the wrong shoes to ISU and getting shut out, or giving up 60 to Baylor, or hiring David Beaty, or going winless (while giving up 40+ to South Dakota St. [41], Memphis [55], Baylor [66!], OSU [58], Oklahoma [62], Texas [59], WVU [49], and KSU [45]), or extending Beaty after a freak win over Texas, or going all-in on JUCOs, or getting blown out at home by Central Michigan 45-27, or getting shut out by ISU 45-0, or the running clock in a 43-0 loss to TCU (team leaders Peyton Bender 38 yds passing, Ben Johnson 35 yds receiving, Dean Thompson 10 yds rushing!), or losing a major college-record 46 straight road games, or going all-in on JUCOs, or starting what was supposed to be a "good" year with an OT loss to Nicholls State, or losing at home to Coastal Carolina, or losing at home to Coastal Carolina, or losing 50 (and counting!) straight conference road games.

Or putting those stupid chairs in the open end zone. I mean there's always more; there is no bottom.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21889 on: September 27, 2020, 09:05:46 PM »
those Miles clips :frown:

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21890 on: September 27, 2020, 09:29:42 PM »
If you handed out a grant to have KSU and Mizzou collaborate on a plan to decimate KU football after winning the Orange Bowl, there is no way they could have constructed a more effective scenario.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21891 on: September 27, 2020, 09:48:46 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aAo9M6YCMA

:lol: mrstdaver overheard while I was watching this just now.  Her questions...

Is that the coach?
Is he drunk?
Is the fat man still their coach?
He was fired 10 years ago? 
Who’s been their coach since then?
Did a KSU fan make that video?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #21892 on: September 28, 2020, 08:11:00 AM »
If you handed out a grant to have KSU and Mizzou collaborate on a plan to decimate KU football after winning the Orange Bowl, there is no way they could have constructed a more effective scenario.

:lol:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21893 on: September 28, 2020, 08:20:24 AM »
is espn still doing the les show this year?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21894 on: September 28, 2020, 09:24:38 AM »
Fun fact, if K-state wins next week and ku loses, they will officially have more program losses all time (654 vs 653)
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21895 on: September 28, 2020, 10:20:39 AM »

No. It's a Gundy show this year. Real talk, I wouldn't be shocked that it's Klieman next year.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21896 on: September 28, 2020, 10:22:51 AM »
Is it any good? It’s hard to imagine without the unique charm Les brought to it.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21897 on: September 28, 2020, 10:23:10 AM »

No. It's a Gundy show this year. Real talk, I wouldn't be shocked that it's Klieman next year.
The Gundy show has been far better, also I would kill for Klieman to do it. My friend and I were talking about this while watching the Gundy show, he doesn't want to see it happen but boy do I.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21898 on: September 28, 2020, 10:25:31 AM »
Is it any good? It’s hard to imagine without the unique charm Les brought to it.
It is better because Gundy seems to know what he is talking about, knows how to talk to the guys and being from Oklahoma State he really knows the culture.

I'm gonna be honest Les Miles is horrible and that show was unbearable. It was more about the coaches and was the les miles show. The Okie Lite version has been far better because the players are far more involved.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21899 on: September 28, 2020, 10:28:27 AM »
Do you know which former big 12 coach would NEVER???