Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3208918 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #16900 on: January 27, 2017, 10:57:22 AM »
I would buy a portrait of the field storming after the Rhode Island win.

I'd buy one with the basketball court storming over Texas, and the football field storm, with WE OWN TEXAS on it somewhere. The great fans of KU deserve it.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16901 on: January 27, 2017, 11:02:52 AM »
KU fans get pretty pissed off if any time you point out any of their basketball fans having a good time like that, shooter.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16902 on: January 28, 2017, 09:23:51 AM »
Shooter's idea is great.  I'd say one for each field rush but they do that annually

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16903 on: January 28, 2017, 12:56:04 PM »
Shooter's idea is great.  I'd say one for each field rush but they do that annually

No, they only rush when they win. It's almost annually, but not quite.

Offline 09emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16904 on: February 05, 2017, 09:40:41 AM »
KU football got 6 2018 commits yesterday. Three four stars all from louisiana, all with Bama and LSU offers. What the hell is happening on the Bayou?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 09:46:35 AM by 09emaw »

The Big Train

« Reply #16905 on: February 05, 2017, 09:41:46 AM »
Still plenty of time to change their minds :frown:

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16906 on: February 05, 2017, 10:03:58 AM »
Someone is getting $$$$$$
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16907 on: February 05, 2017, 10:07:06 AM »
Lol if you don't think Bama isn't going to flip those guys. They have an entire year to work on them. I'd imagine ku was their first official visit, and they just said "uh yeah sure I'll come here"

They're going to go visit Tuscaloosa and lol at Lawrence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16908 on: February 05, 2017, 11:31:43 AM »
 If anyone else wants them...they gone

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16909 on: February 05, 2017, 11:51:28 AM »
Good for ku  :thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16910 on: February 05, 2017, 02:36:21 PM »
KU football got 6 2018 commits yesterday. Three four stars all from louisiana, all with Bama and LSU offers. What the hell is happening on the Bayou?
If true, they must have adopted kU hoops recruiting tactics.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16911 on: February 05, 2017, 02:53:00 PM »
Snowflakes love instant playing time these days.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16912 on: February 05, 2017, 06:54:11 PM »
What game would be do that for besides a natty? I can't think of one. Maybe an undefeated season and a big 12 champ

I bought a football in 2002 that commemorated LHC Bill Snyder's "First 100 Wins", and it lists out all 100 wins on it with the scores I think.  I'm not sure if they are doing or have done one for his 200th win or the "next 100 wins", but I would buy that to sit next to the first one. 

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16913 on: February 06, 2017, 09:57:22 AM »
https://e8k0luq9wg.execute-api.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/v1/articles/18692732/former_warren_easton_coach_ton.amp?client=safari
 "Hull has a rare understanding of how to navigate the academic system in Louisiana that would give struggling student-athletes the best chance to qualify, which he is using to his advantage."

I'm not sure how they get past KU's rigorous academic admission standards.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16914 on: February 06, 2017, 10:07:25 AM »
https://e8k0luq9wg.execute-api.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/v1/articles/18692732/former_warren_easton_coach_ton.amp?client=safari
 "Hull has a rare understanding of how to navigate the academic system in Louisiana that would give struggling student-athletes the best chance to qualify, which he is using to his advantage."

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/2305/class/2018

Hmm wow that is wild....

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16915 on: February 06, 2017, 10:32:12 AM »
Futility U is taking some risks on academics and that is fine by me

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16916 on: February 06, 2017, 10:48:01 AM »
RCJHKU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #16917 on: February 06, 2017, 10:56:40 AM »
With all the trouble their basketball program has been having, maybe this year was the straw that broke the camel's back. Are the higher ups at KU ordering a transition to being a football school? 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU football is hurting
« Reply #16918 on: February 06, 2017, 01:43:33 PM »
KU has never had any problem getting any Juco guys in, and really, never any real problems getting any athlete into school, no matter how shitty of a student they are or were. 

That's why you should LOL in their face whenever a Phogistenian tries to raise this topic about Kstate.

The stories of KU letting athletes slide on academics are historic on an anecdotal level. Nearly as comical as their massively inflated APR and GSR scores for basketball.

Offline highway61

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16919 on: February 06, 2017, 02:12:41 PM »

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/2305/class/2018

Hmm wow that is wild....

#4 guy on list is 188 lbs and listed as a qb-dt. I am confused about this. Does DT stand for something besides defensive tackle?

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16920 on: February 06, 2017, 02:42:26 PM »

Hmm wow that is wild....

#4 guy on list is 188 lbs and listed as a qb-dt. I am confused about this. Does DT stand for something besides defensive tackle?

Dual Threat

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16921 on: February 07, 2017, 09:50:58 AM »
I have a good friend who went to LSU.  I've obviously asked him about his thoughts on KU getting multiple 2018 guys from Louisiana - all of whom had offers from Bama and LSU.  He wasn't sure they have official offers just yet as those typically go out during their Junior Day but mentioned that the KU running backs coach is a former HS coach in LA and has a lot of ties there - plus Mike Lee's success and the obvious opportunity to get playing time if you don't suck.

That said, he followed up this morning to clarify.  Apparently LSU's RB coach was recently shifted to a non-coaching  role in the AD.  The KU recruiter landing these commitments is using these players as leverage to get the LSU RB coach job.  Very unlikely that the coach or players are at KU in 2018.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16922 on: February 07, 2017, 02:11:04 PM »
What does SuperPurpleCat's girlfriend have to say about this situation?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #16923 on: February 08, 2017, 02:40:05 AM »
Historic at an anecdotal level
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16924 on: February 08, 2017, 09:03:11 AM »
I have a good friend who went to LSU.  I've obviously asked him about his thoughts on KU getting multiple 2018 guys from Louisiana - all of whom had offers from Bama and LSU.  He wasn't sure they have official offers just yet as those typically go out during their Junior Day but mentioned that the KU running backs coach is a former HS coach in LA and has a lot of ties there - plus Mike Lee's success and the obvious opportunity to get playing time if you don't suck.

That said, he followed up this morning to clarify.  Apparently LSU's RB coach was recently shifted to a non-coaching  role in the AD.  The KU recruiter landing these commitments is using these players as leverage to get the LSU RB coach job.  Very unlikely that the coach or players are at KU in 2018.
The old LSU RB coach is now at Tech as the associate head coach.  There was a deadspin story about the whole bizarre LSU recruiting situation this morning.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]