Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3326427 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #7125 on: June 23, 2014, 12:13:51 PM »
It's only fair to assume that this poll was done before ku announced the track removal:

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-12-stadiums-2014-experts-poll

:whistle1:
bears are fast...

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: June 23, 2014, 01:32:07 PM »
If they don't bullet point "Best North Endzone deceleration area in college football" in the media guides they are idiots.

Remember how ksu players used to run onto the asphalt after td's and like slip and stuff? You don't think the Ku brass saw that and planned accordingly?
I misread that as "Remember howKU players..." and was as all "Nope".
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: June 23, 2014, 02:16:34 PM »
It's only fair to assume that this poll was done before ku announced the track removal:

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-12-stadiums-2014-experts-poll

Who're they calling "small on 3 sides"???  :shakesfist:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: June 23, 2014, 02:25:31 PM »

Who're they calling "small on 3 sides"???  :shakesfist:

I'm guessing they took the poll in 2012 and just got around to posting it.

:dubious:
bears are fast...

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: June 23, 2014, 05:57:35 PM »

Would love to hear Beems' response to this.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: June 23, 2014, 06:06:50 PM »

I think he read some article stating there is a link between internet "trolls" and narcissists (he said something about it on the phog). So, he stopped "trolling".  I think he figures if he doesn't troll, he's not a narcissist, but I would imagine that the narcissism is what makes one want to troll, not the trolling that creates a narcissist. Thus his desire to troll is a symptom of his narcissism...not the other way around.

Either that or he's a liar about the link between the two and he's just too sad to post here anymore.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: June 23, 2014, 06:24:37 PM »

I think he read some article stating there is a link between internet "trolls" and narcissists (he said something about it on the phog). So, he stopped "trolling".  I think he figures if he doesn't troll, he's not a narcissist, but I would imagine that the narcissism is what makes one want to troll, not the trolling that creates a narcissist. Thus his desire to troll is a symptom of his narcissism...not the other way around.

Either that or he's a liar about the link between the two and he's just too sad to post here anymore.

Probably way too busy banging bitches.   And pickling stuff.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: June 23, 2014, 07:07:23 PM »
Tait puts a big old smiley face on it, completely ignoring the vast end zone emptiness. http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/tale-tait/2014/jun/23/how-the-upcoming-track-removal-at-memori/

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: June 23, 2014, 07:11:17 PM »
Tait puts a big old smiley face on it, completely ignoring the vast end zone emptiness. http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/tale-tait/2014/jun/23/how-the-upcoming-track-removal-at-memori/

Is it vertical or horizontal stripes that fat people swear are slimming to the eye?

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: June 23, 2014, 07:19:12 PM »
 :lol: :lol:
But here's guessing that in addition to looking much nicer and much more like a big-time college football venue, the fans in the stands also will feel like they're closer to the action after this project is complete six weeks from now without KU Athletics having to move so much as a single bolt in the Memorial Stadium bleachers.

KU's kind of project.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: June 23, 2014, 09:45:57 PM »
It's embarrassing that they're trying to squeeze so much good P.R. out of this.  Would've been better to do it on the DL and let the only reaction be W.O.M.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: June 23, 2014, 10:01:46 PM »
It's embarrassing that they're trying to squeeze so much good P.R. out of this.  Would've been better to do it on the DL and let the only reaction be W.O.M.

That would have been totally boss
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline BobBarker

• Don't forget to spay and neuter your pets!
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: June 23, 2014, 11:11:54 PM »
Pretty big leap of faith that the track removal will help increase attendance to "crowd" levels, IYAM.

At least they were realistic with the rendered crowd.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: June 23, 2014, 11:13:57 PM »
Looks like they're also taking out the high jump pit in the end zone!  :sdeek:

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: June 24, 2014, 01:10:22 AM »
Little worried for them when the AD has said they are working on phased plans and that 'rendering' is all that has come from this. Seriously, I could do better than this with my left hand in MS paint in 5 minutes. Remember when we released our phased planning? This looks like the intern hired an intern to do it.

Here is what I bet happened. KU AD, KU pres, Chaz, and Bill Self are all sittting around drinking some beers. Talk drifts towards football.

"Those are pretty nice, wish we had some" mumbled Chaz, wiping away crumbs falling from his mouth. "Ill bet soon we'll have nice things!"
"Don't worry Chaz, we got BIG plans for ya!"
"I know Prez, but you said that last year!"
Prez and AD gave each other sly looks and smiled.
"Ah don't worry we'll remove the track and move from there"
Chaz was starting to pout,"Come on AD, you said that last month!"
"Aww come on Chaz, don't be that way! We've got people in KC drawing pretty pictures for your stadium!"

Bill saw the poor guy was clearly on the verge of tears once again."Don't worry, I've seen them and they look great!"
"R-really?"
Prez and AD shot Bill dirty looks, but cornered Bill had no choice but to solider on. "Sure! You think the oscar Center looks good? Wait to you see Memorial stadium with more grass!"

Smiling like a small large child about to be handed a Spiderman Popsicle from an ice-cream truck on a sweltering Kansas summer day Chaz bleated out "Gee wiz that sound super! When can I see them?!"
"Uh soon." AD and Prez looked nervously away, anywhere but at Chaz.
"Monday." Bill knew enough was enough and the time was nigh to save KU football. If the students, players, coaches, administrators, Athletic Department, President, Chancelors, Alumni, Rich Alumni, Trustees, KU Endowment, Koch Brothers, Mark Mangino, LHC Bill Snyder putting in his third string in, MU + NU leaving and West Virginia joining couldn't save KU football he knew the one ever present beacon of stability and power at KU that could possibly to turn things around: the T-Shirt fans.

"We've got a great picture of the stadium with turf. Prez and AD showed it to me the other day. You look *soooo* close to the field. Having a track in the way is just an optical illusion that makes you *think* you are farther away, but in reality you are between 30 and 43.5 paces closer than at KSU!"
"Wow! Thanks Bill"
"No problem Chaz. Fans will be flocking to the games in no time."

Prez and AD finally were catching on. "Chaz we even have articles in newspapers lined up explaining how great this will be. KSU replaced their turf a few years ago. This will put us on more than equal footing since we will have way more turf in the stadium. Its a new era for KU football."

Meanwhile in the background Bill could be heard on the phone with his son.

"Tyler? Yeah. I know its confusing. Yes, corn is a vegetable, but you can't use the frozen vegetable setting on the microwave for popcorn. Hey, shut up and listen. I need you to get out the crayons markers..."

And that is how you end up with this:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7140 on: June 24, 2014, 04:21:10 AM »
Tl but did read. :thumbs: :D :cheers:

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: June 24, 2014, 06:28:29 AM »
Hahaha that was spot on. Good drawing Tyler!!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: June 24, 2014, 06:59:19 AM »
The one thing you really have to appreciate about the Taitster is that even though he works in an industry that has lost thousands of jobs in the last 7 or 8 years.  He'll always know that he has a job somewhere covering ku, because he does one thing that ku fans demand of all local media . . . make it all ku goodness all the time. 

I didn't think I would ever see anyone in the local sports media that could match the pom-pom waving of the media that covers Nebraska, but I believe it's now more than fair to say that Matt Tait has met and surpassed Cornhole media.    :thumbsup:  Matt, well played sir, well played.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:42 AM »
optical illusion?

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7144 on: June 24, 2014, 01:11:19 PM »
HOORAY!  Let's hear it for the City of Lawrence!

I legitimately don't think there can be a statement that hits closer to home for me than this one...  :Woohoo:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: June 24, 2014, 01:12:46 PM »
Beems is adorable! :lol:

Pepperjax34 Welcher
Rating: 3.5/5 this site
5497 posts this site
 Posted: Today 11:06 AM

Re: Rumblings that the track is coming out before next season

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KCKHawk wrote:

Pepperjax34 wrote:

Fambrough48 wrote: More than half the stadium was empty in the 4th quarter in 2007 when we were about to be 11-0.

Yeah, I'm surprised more people didn't stick around until the last minute for that 45-7 thriller against Iowa State.
Hence why our fans are the worst.

We set an attendance record in '09 for a 5-7 football team.  Our fans are far from the worst, but I guess people have to always complain about something or else it wouldn't be phog.net.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: June 25, 2014, 08:43:59 AM »
Coach Weis said in an LJW article this week that player safety was a big consideration in this project.

I can't wait to see it after they're done, very excited. It seems small compared to other projects, but it does help our football image.
:lol:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: June 25, 2014, 09:09:57 AM »
This is a joyous occasion for TSC.  Start em' up boys!  VROOOOM!

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: June 25, 2014, 09:14:24 AM »
MIXTURE: REAL PHOTO; INACCURATE DESCRIPTION

construction equipment expo part of the KU career fair

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion