Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3316909 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #4800 on: February 26, 2014, 02:10:43 PM »
There is a difference between revenue and profit.

Earth-shattering insight here.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: February 26, 2014, 02:18:33 PM »
ku shows temp restricted contributions of $13 million, not saying that isn't legit, but would love to know what that's for and where it came from, because without that number, they would have had an operational deficit in FY 2013.

Not buying that ku increased its athletic budget $10 million year over year either. 

Offline highway61

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: February 26, 2014, 02:22:37 PM »
Liquidity ratio is much stronger this year.  'grats beems.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: February 26, 2014, 02:25:55 PM »
ku shows temp restricted contributions of $13 million, not saying that isn't legit, but would love to know what that's for and where it came from, because without that number, they would have had an operational deficit in FY 2013.

Not buying that ku increased its athletic budget $10 million year over year either.

Here's an explanation for restricted net assets:

Temporarily restricted net assets are those whose use by the Corporation has been limited by donors to a specific time period or purpose. Permanently restricted net assets have been restricted by donors to be maintained by the Corporation in perpetuity.

As for the increase in KU's athletic budget, a lot of it comes from the new Big 12 TV contract and our contracts with adidas and ESPN. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: February 26, 2014, 02:45:18 PM »
All this money stuff is so interesting not.

Offline ljmhawk2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: February 26, 2014, 03:43:23 PM »
Snyder has been at Kstate for 20+ years and has only won 2 big 12 titles. Self just won his 10th in a row....

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: February 26, 2014, 03:46:09 PM »
In a sport no one else in the league could give 2 fucks about  :lol:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: February 26, 2014, 03:47:45 PM »
Snyder has been at Kstate for 20+ years and has only won 2 big 12 titles. Self just won his 10th in a row....

big apples vs really small oranges

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: February 26, 2014, 03:48:25 PM »

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Alpinist

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: February 26, 2014, 03:58:31 PM »
Bruceketball won a title in year one, while ku has never won a football title much less been invited  to the Dr. Pepper

Offline thewildcat

• Fan
  • I suck at this
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: February 26, 2014, 04:12:08 PM »
Bruceketball won a title in year one, while ku has never won a football title much less been invited  to the Dr. Pepper

And drops the mic and walks out. :horrorsurprise:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: February 26, 2014, 04:13:59 PM »

:gocho:  <--- K-State
 :bawl: <--- Landon

Offline ljmhawk2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: February 26, 2014, 04:17:30 PM »

one doesn't get "invited" to the dr. p

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: February 26, 2014, 04:22:21 PM »

one doesn't get "invited" to the dr. p

pffft, how would you know?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: February 26, 2014, 04:43:55 PM »
As for the increase in KU's athletic budget, a lot of it comes from the new Big 12 TV contract and our contracts with adidas and ESPN. 

Wow, I see KU is counting Adidas wear / shoes as revenue.  That will sure pay the bills.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4815 on: February 26, 2014, 04:57:25 PM »

That just proves how little of money basketball brings to the table. Have to win 10 in a row just to get out of the red.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: February 26, 2014, 05:00:12 PM »

KU won a division title in '07 and is the only football program in the state of Kansas to win 12 games and a BCS Bowl.  KU also owns the all-time head-to-head series against K-State by 25 games and has a better all-time record.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: February 26, 2014, 05:10:22 PM »

KU won a division title in '07 and is the only football program in the state of Kansas to win 12 games and a BCS Bowl.  KU also owns the all-time head-to-head series against K-State by 25 games and has a better all-time record.
Jesus. Rinse and repeat. I feel like i'm at a psych ward.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: February 26, 2014, 05:11:29 PM »

Wow, I see KU is counting Adidas wear / shoes as revenue.  That will sure pay the bills.

It's one of the top three or four athletic apparel contracts in the country.  It definitely helps pay the bills and benefits the entire athletic department.  The IMG contract is big as well. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: February 26, 2014, 05:13:01 PM »

Hey, I've been BEGGING for you guys to get some new material and quit talking KU 24/7 for awhile now.  It's the only thing you guys talk about anymore.  Welcome to the club!

:cheers:

The Big Train

« Reply #4820 on: February 26, 2014, 05:16:09 PM »

So why did Mizzou play OU in the big 12 championship game?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: February 26, 2014, 05:19:12 PM »

:love:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: February 26, 2014, 05:19:31 PM »

So, y'all had some success before the Vietnam War and one miracle season since. 

Congrats, I suppose.

:tsc:
bears are fast...

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: February 26, 2014, 05:19:44 PM »

Hey, I've been BEGGING for you guys to get some new material and quit talking KU 24/7 for awhile now.  It's the only thing you guys talk about anymore.  Welcome to the club!

:cheers:

It's that schadenfreude thing. I know, not very TSC of us.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: February 26, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »
It's pretty great to talk about Lil' Bro.   It really makes me proud whenever K-State (that's Big Bro) makes another paradigm shift on the Football (athletic) front and then ku scrambles to catch up.   We make ku football better, we make ku athletics better. 

Ahearn Field House spawns Allen Field House

Dev Nelson Pressbox spawns Booth Family Suites and Nazi Anti-Aircraft Pillbox.

Vanier Football Complex spawns Anderson Football Center

West Stadium Center spawns TBD  :crossfingers:

Governors Cup

Big Bro 24

lil bro ku 19

1 Tie