Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3223342 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #10775 on: December 11, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »
KU Football,  on the corner of Mississippi and Farmbro drive. kerplink (sound of tobacco spit hitting spatoon)
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10776 on: December 11, 2014, 09:23:23 AM »
Plenty of space out at Rock Chalk Park, and they could probably saddle up to the local government teat again and pull in some nice jack.

they already have the makings of a football stadium with the track and infield. just go build some seats and a pressbox around it. i don't see what the big deal is.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10777 on: December 11, 2014, 09:41:45 AM »
i mean they also may have too.  parking has never been an issue so give props to the people that designed the place.  with beaty they may need more parking space.

_33 touched on it the last page. but look at that crap, how the hell does the person that designed the anderson family football complex of clip art still have a job? and they spent $34mill on it. woof.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10778 on: December 11, 2014, 10:13:51 AM »
i mean they also may have too.  parking has never been an issue so give props to the people that designed the place.  with beaty they may need more parking space.

_33 touched on it the last page. but look at that crap, how the hell does the person that designed the anderson family football complex of clip art still have a job? and they spent $34mill on it. woof.

well to be fair, i'm pretty sure whoever made that decision was only told "whatever you do, don't obstruct the view of 'the setting'"

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10779 on: December 11, 2014, 10:23:58 AM »

well to be fair, i'm pretty sure whoever made that decision was only told "whatever you do, don't obstruct the view of 'the setting'"

Interesting take. I've always been of the belief that they didn't want to make the annual trek to Potter's Lake with a goal post any longer of a trip by having to go around the outside edge of the building.

:dunno:
bears are fast...

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10780 on: December 11, 2014, 10:31:07 AM »
they cream their jeans when talking about the hill. so why do they build a white trash tent shanty town on gamedays for visiting fans to laugh at? distract them from the product on the field?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10781 on: December 11, 2014, 10:36:54 AM »
they cream their jeans when talking about the hill. so why do they build a white trash tent shanty town on gamedays for visiting fans to laugh at? distract them from the product on the field?

What's your beef with being festive?  It looks fine.  Pretty sure the only visiting fans who would laugh at it already have an abiding hatred for KU, and so their opinions are not relevant. 

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10782 on: December 11, 2014, 10:48:20 AM »

What's your beef with being festive?  It looks fine.  Pretty sure the only visiting fans who would laugh at it already have an abiding hatred for KU, and so their opinions are not relevant. 

Spracs you can back me up on this. But I think the bigger deal is spring graduation. There is a long tradition of hawk grads walking through campus, by the campanile, and down into the stadium for commencement. They had to keep the building out of the way for that.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10783 on: December 11, 2014, 10:50:23 AM »

Spracs you can back me up on this. But I think the bigger deal is spring graduation. There is a long tradition of hawk grads walking through campus, by the campanile, and down into the stadium for commencement. They had to keep the building out of the way for that.

Well yes, but either way the architects were given a mandate not to obstruct the view of the hill/campanile.  Folks need something pleasant to look at while they're attending the games.

The Big Train

« Reply #10784 on: December 11, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »

Well yes, but either way the architects were given a mandate not to obstruct the view of the hill/campanile.  Folks need something pleasant to look at while they're attending the games.

which is why they put in the big screen

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10785 on: December 11, 2014, 12:15:39 PM »
KU:

K-State:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10786 on: December 11, 2014, 12:18:26 PM »
beems, we have fresh hot mix on those parking lots now so you should be using a more recent pic.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10787 on: December 11, 2014, 12:25:53 PM »
also have new east side stadium lights that our pic doesn't show

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10788 on: December 11, 2014, 12:26:05 PM »
HE'S BACK!
:dance:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: December 11, 2014, 12:26:42 PM »
beems, welcome back!  how do you rate the Beattie hire on a scale of Home run to Grand Salami?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10790 on: December 11, 2014, 12:27:51 PM »
Also, no cruise ship

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10791 on: December 11, 2014, 12:40:29 PM »
Also no women's rowing

Sent using Tapatalk Elite on iPhone 6

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10792 on: December 11, 2014, 12:41:12 PM »
Guys, it's not Beem's fault.  We build new expensive crap so fast most image servers can't keep up. 

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10793 on: December 11, 2014, 12:41:49 PM »
I can't believe he came out of exile to make that post.

But glad he's back!!     :love:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10794 on: December 11, 2014, 12:43:35 PM »
I mean, I bet Google held a special meeting in their mapping department of Google Earth and came to an organizational level decision that they would just send that little car back to Manhattan every other year because their remapping budget was getting completely mumped by our ability to constantly change our physical landscape.  Google had to choose between accuracy and keeping Google Earth a financially viable part of their company.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #10795 on: December 11, 2014, 12:44:12 PM »
Also, no cruise ship

Let's revisit this conversation once the NEZ is complete.

Also, what the stadium looks like when people aren't there is absolutely stupid.  BSFS is a small city on game day, and it's hard to find a place where the tailgating is so convenient and readily available.

Beyond that, once you get in the stadium, most people are focused on the game.  They aren't staring off into the distance.  I mean, I guess they could start staring off in the distance if they're getting beat by 45 in the third quarter, but whatever.  That's not something that concerns us.

The Big Train

« Reply #10796 on: December 11, 2014, 12:55:21 PM »
 :excited:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10797 on: December 11, 2014, 12:56:08 PM »
panj just got beemz'd  :lol:

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r