Author Topic: It is that time of year again...  (Read 21626 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: It is that time of year again...
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 10:12:38 PM »
Its ben ji's dream to coach is unborn male childs football team.

Qualifications include

-In 7th grade the coach created a "Monster Back" Position for me where I could  do whatever I wanted as a linebacker.
-HONORABLE MENTION all JOCO as a senior.
-Was once ranked 330 in the world at NCAA College Football(NCAA 2013) while playing only as the KSU Katz
-Coached Frat Intramural team for 3 years turning a 0-5 team into a playoff team who lost to the eventual Frat league champions.
-Super good at being really nice to every kid even if they are not good at football.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 08:22:02 AM »
Its ben ji's dream to coach is unborn male childs football team.

Qualifications include

-In 7th grade the coach created a "Monster Back" Position for me where I could  do whatever I wanted as a linebacker.
-HONORABLE MENTION all JOCO as a senior.
-Was once ranked 330 in the world at NCAA College Football(NCAA 2013) while playing only as the KSU Katz
-Coached Frat Intramural team for 3 years turning a 0-5 team into a playoff team who lost to the eventual Frat league champions.
-Super good at being really nice to every kid even if they are not good at football.
You are 10 times more qualified than anyone I coached with couple years.
Here is the list;
Baseball player in high school, never played football but is a really big Dallas Cowboy fan.
Potential alcoholic, did play high school football but it was 8 man, sounded like Boomhauer when he spoke but w/ more swearing.
Basketball player in high school and JUCO, never played football but was a really nice guy.
The Repeater - he had no idea what was going on and repeated everything that was just said.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 08:47:49 AM »
Ben ji, the only thing you need to change on your list is "coach created a Monster back position..."  Nearly every jr high school coach creates that position. It does bode well for you that you were selected to play it!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 10:16:14 AM »
Ben ji, the only thing you need to change on your list is "coach created a Monster back position..."  Nearly every jr high school coach creates that position. It does bode well for you that you were selected to play it!

Gonna win 'em all!

at the time i thought it was the coolest thing ever

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 10:30:28 AM »
ben ji, you have good qualifications. send formal application via pm for the coaching job for the gE little giant giants.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »
Every kid should get a shot at QB. They're kids!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 10:43:42 AM »
I was QB in 7th grade. Coach loved to run the option, but I was pretty selfish with it, cause I liked to score the TD's.  :frown: I did a lot of fake pitches and would just rumble it into the endzone. I also liked to throw to my tight end a lot, cause he was massive for our age. On defense, I played D-end and eff'd stuff up! :comeatme:

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 10:53:03 AM »
I was QB in 7th grade. Coach loved to run the option, but I was pretty selfish with it, cause I liked to score the TD's.  :frown: I did a lot of fake pitches and would just rumble it into the endzone. I also liked to throw to my tight end a lot, cause he was massive for our age. On defense, I played D-end and eff'd stuff up! :comeatme:
That sounds like a blast Wacky!

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 11:22:55 AM »
I've designed an offense that is basically a hybrid of the early 90's Houston Oilers Run and Shoot offense mixed with the Navy wishbone.

O   OOOOO  O  O (<---- this guy is off the line of scrimmage obv)
                                                            O  O
                                                              O

What does everyone think of that crap?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 11:29:45 AM »
I've designed an offense that is basically a hybrid of the early 90's Houston Oilers Run and Shoot offense mixed with the Navy wishbone.

O  O
                                                              O

How do you run a counter out of that backfield formation?  Because that play is like Kryptonite to a bunch of 5th grade knuckleheads.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2014, 12:02:01 PM »

O  O
                                                              O

How do you run a counter out of that backfield formation?  Because that play is like Kryptonite to a bunch of 5th grade knuckleheads.

Naked bootlegs are also quite fun to run at that age.....it is a thing of beauty to see that little QB all by himself on one side of the field.
@mikec2w

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 01:35:06 PM »

O  O
                                                              O

Naked bootlegs are also quite fun to run at that age.....it is a thing of beauty to see that little QB all by himself on one side of the field.
Yes, just imagine the seas parting and your QB breaking into the open, his little legs pumping and churning, the defense is totally fooled.  There are acres of room in front of him, folks!! HE COULD...GO...All...THE...taken down for a 4 yard gain. 

Are you beginning to see my frustration here?  Don't forget the other highlights; once the side judge asked us why we had a guard playing quarterback; we couldn't run anything off tackle because the QB could not make the handoff, we had a series of fumbles before we figured that one out, the kid would just chuck the ball at the RB after he took a couple of steps;  the head coach would threaten the WR's with never throwing to them again if they did not run hard only to have the ball fall 10 yards short.  They were crazy times for sure!!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »

O  O
                                                              O

Yes, just imagine the seas parting and your QB breaking into the open, his little legs pumping and churning, the defense is totally fooled.  There are acres of room in front of him, folks!! HE COULD...GO...All...THE...taken down for a 4 yard gain. 

Are you beginning to see my frustration here?  Don't forget the other highlights; once the side judge asked us why we had a guard playing quarterback; we couldn't run anything off tackle because the QB could not make the handoff, we had a series of fumbles before we figured that one out, the kid would just chuck the ball at the RB after he took a couple of steps;  the head coach would threaten the WR's with never throwing to them again if they did not run hard only to have the ball fall 10 yards short.  They were crazy times for sure!!

Hey Assistant Coach Know-it-all, why weren't you the head coach?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2014, 01:41:40 PM »
Terps tight end delay was unstoppable. Coach told me that he had hs tight ends who didn't run it as disciplined as I did. Also, I was backup QB!

(I played guard my Jr and Sr year, SO SUCK IT!)

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2014, 01:43:58 PM »

O  O
                                                              O

Hey Assistant Coach Know-it-all, why weren't you the head coach?
He had that covered as well, the youth football was run by a private organization and he had worked his way up to vice president.  Why the aggressive tone from you michi?  Are you offended that I would be annoyed by this guy's selfish behavior?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2014, 01:58:54 PM »
I'm not offended, you just sound like a whiner.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »
I'm not offended, you just sound like a whiner.
:bait:
Nope, just excited to see what these kids can do now that the shackles are off.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »
Make sure you do a service to your kids and teach them all how to play. Its too easy at that age to have one slightly more mature kid and build your team around him (toss right, toss left) while everyone else is a spectator and doesn't learn much about how to play.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2014, 02:39:33 PM »
Make sure you do a service to your kids and teach them all how to play. Its too easy at that age to have one slightly more mature kid and build your team around him (toss right, toss left) while everyone else is a spectator and doesn't learn much about how to play.

I love how you say the same thing as me so much more directly and nice at the same time. Really! I can learn from you!

Every kid should get a shot at QB. They're kids!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2014, 02:44:34 PM »
a rusty, _FAN, sd coached pee-wee league sports team would be so much fun (for everyone involved except the parents who want their kid to be a star and act like pieces of trash)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2014, 03:01:33 PM »
Youth league football wouldn't be much fun to coach, imo, because you just don't have enough practice time. Baseball is pretty much the only youth league sport that I think I could do a good job with.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »
Let's hope you are right because I was coaching all those other kids as hard as I could to make up for the circus we had going on in the backfield.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2014, 03:05:01 PM »
a rusty, _FAN, sd coached pee-wee league sports team would be so much fun (for everyone involved except the parents who want their kid to be a star and act like pieces of trash)
Agreed, except replace mich with me and SD with benji.  Dream Team!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2014, 03:06:13 PM »
Let's hope you are right because I was coaching all those other kids as hard as I could to make up for the circus we had going on in the backfield.

Better fire up more two-a-days, coach!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2014, 03:06:56 PM »
Youth league football wouldn't be much fun to coach, imo, because you just don't have enough practice time. Baseball is pretty much the only youth league sport that I think I could do a good job with.

If you start coaching soccer with kids that are really young and aren't a complete dummy it's easy to be pretty awesome and figure it out as they get older.

I should publish my youth soccer coaching guide for people who don't want to be complete dummies.