Author Topic: Diets  (Read 30773 times)

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
Re: Diets
« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2015, 02:48:13 PM »
Dieting sucks.  So damn hungry right now. 
@lopakman

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 27, 2015, 11:01:36 PM »
I have been doing Weight Watchers "points plus."  The app is really handy.  I am down almost 20 from last Christmas.  I never have to be hungry, unless I just plan poorly.   

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 28, 2015, 08:22:58 AM »
I highly suggest to eat a bunch of seafood on the west coast (especially if you don't eat a lot). You'll crap out 10 lbs in no time. Best of luck.

it's probably all that Fukushima radiation

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 28, 2015, 08:30:47 AM »
I have been doing Weight Watchers "points plus."  The app is really handy.  I am down almost 20 from last Christmas.  I never have to be hungry, unless I just plan poorly.

I'm going to give this a try.  Thanks.
@lopakman

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 28, 2015, 09:02:07 AM »
mrs. dave and I are going to do this thing where they prepare all our meals for us every week and deliver them to our house and it's all paleo. I have no desire whatsoever to do a paleo food only diet but the idea of not having to cook any meals ever is appealing to me and mrs dave wants to do paleo. has anyone in KC or Wichita done this? is it awful or ok or good? will paleo only food make me hate life? also it's no gluten which is meaningless to us as neither of us have celiac or whatever but I don't think there's any way to force them to include delicious gluten.

https://evolvepaleochef.com/

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 28, 2015, 09:13:23 AM »
mrs. dave and I are going to do this thing where they prepare all our meals for us every week and deliver them to our house and it's all paleo. I have no desire whatsoever to do a paleo food only diet but the idea of not having to cook any meals ever is appealing to me and mrs dave wants to do paleo. has anyone in KC or Wichita done this? is it awful or ok or good? will paleo only food make me hate life? also it's no gluten which is meaningless to us as neither of us have celiac or whatever but I don't think there's any way to force them to include delicious gluten.

paleo food is going to make you the grumpiest gus in the greater midwest. don't do it, sd.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 28, 2015, 09:14:58 AM »
Prob also bland and not delish.  Not the paleo,  the other ppl preparing it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 28, 2015, 09:26:50 AM »
does the food come in resealable aluminum containers?

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 28, 2015, 09:32:05 AM »
I would hate to diet ever.  Thank no god for my great genes

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 28, 2015, 09:34:19 AM »
steve dave is going to have a very short fuse for the next few weeks.

I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 28, 2015, 09:52:49 AM »
keep a cool head and don't lose your george brett privileges

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 28, 2015, 09:56:27 AM »
I don't know if the being hungry, eating food that tastes bland, or not being able to consume alcohol is going to bother me the most.  I suppose I can counter the being hungry by making sure I'm eating 6-7 small meals per day, but it's not like I'm going to be able to throw down Chiptole Burritos anymore and the no alcohol  :frown:
@lopakman

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 28, 2015, 09:56:46 AM »

paleo food is going to make you the grumpiest gus in the greater midwest. don't do it, sd.

Might be okay, but I would suggest lots of beer binging to counter the lack of carbs
:adios:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 28, 2015, 10:00:03 AM »
I don't know if the being hungry, eating food that tastes bland, or not being able to consume alcohol is going to bother me the most.  I suppose I can counter the being hungry by making sure I'm eating 6-7 small meals per day, but it's not like I'm going to be able to throw down Chiptole Burritos anymore and the no alcohol  :frown:

Only 80 calories in a shot of vodka.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 28, 2015, 10:03:47 AM »
The problem with alcohol is is leads to poor eating habits, and lack of motivation to work out.  At least it does for me.  Plus even at 80 calories per shot of vodka,  if I mixed it with diet something I'm still going to end up having like at least 6 shots worth of vodka which is almost 500 calories, which is the calorie deficit I'm going for each day.   

Also, not sure if 8man understands how diets work.
@lopakman

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 28, 2015, 10:06:02 AM »

Might be okay, but I would suggest lots of beer binging to counter the lack of carbs

oh, absolutely.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 28, 2015, 10:10:00 AM »

i think it might sound like he understands more about the role macronutrients play in a human's diet than you do.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 28, 2015, 10:24:36 AM »

i think it might sound like he understands more about the role macronutrients play in a human's diet than you do.

Yep, need some macronutrients, go grab a beer. 
@lopakman

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 28, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »

Yep, need some macronutrients, go grab a beer.

carbohydrates are a macronutrient. they play an important role in your metabolism.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 28, 2015, 10:51:15 AM »
booze is also one probably which plays an important role in whatever

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 28, 2015, 11:08:46 AM »
My parents used to do something like that sd, but it was regular food. They loved it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 28, 2015, 11:50:53 AM »
Regardless of what play you are tackling, cooking for yourself should be part of the plan.  Otherwise, you are doing something temporary.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 28, 2015, 12:59:39 PM »
Mrs. lopak and I aren't going to go so far as to have meals delivered, but were thinking about going to social suppers where you can prepare meals there and heat them up at home. 

There's still a time saver in that you don't have to deal with finding recipes and going to the grocery store, which I hate doing because I end up buying a bunch of crap I don't need.  I also think it would be a fun family activity to go prepare meals and get the kids involved.

@lopakman

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 28, 2015, 01:10:41 PM »
Breakfast:  Protein bar and large iced americano - I am into the Gatorade bars right now because they have whey proting and won't make me a woman
Lunch:  after a 90 minute lift/cardio at gym I make a chicken or turkey wrap using boars head and some tortilla, will throw in some Dilusso chese, eat a bag of pretels or some crap
snack: meh, coffee and maybe something else
Dinner: beers, maybe a handful of deli meat when I get home from softball

Offline RockState2000

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 28, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »
I think DD and I would get along just fine. This is almost exactly what I do. I didn't see Chipotle anywhere in there though...