Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438437 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #400 on: July 30, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »
A&M is just so stupid.  In '09, they averaged 77k per game in a stadium that seats around 83k.  Now they're spending 450 million to have something bigger and shinier than Texas. 

I've been to A&M twice for conference games, once against "rival" TTU.  The stadium was far from sold out for both games.  Now they want to add another 20k seats?  They'll sell that sucker out for a few years probably, but once the SEC shine wears off, they'll be back to ~85k per game or so.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 30, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »
They do have a crap ton of money, tho.

I like that all the seats they are adding are crappy endzone seats no one will want.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #402 on: July 31, 2013, 12:36:04 PM »
They do have a crap ton of money, tho.

I like that all the seats they are adding are crappy endzone seats no one will want.

I'm just waiting for a fiscal conservative member of congress (not from the State of Texas) to question non-profit statuses of schools simply based off of that video. Most renovations are usually well justified in terms of benefitting student athletes but this are simply aesthetic and profit-driven.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 31, 2013, 01:00:58 PM »
Unless JFF is granted unlimited eligibility and plays at A&M forever, then they will never sell that place out.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 31, 2013, 01:12:16 PM »
The video actually sums up how delusional A&M fans are. It will be fun to play there in EA's college football game so they have that going for them, I guess?
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #405 on: July 31, 2013, 01:22:12 PM »
Unless JFF is granted unlimited eligibility and plays at A&M forever, then they will never sell that place out.

Not going to happen with quotes like this from Daddy Football...

Manziel’s father called the school and NCAA “so selfish” for the way they have probed his son.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/football/manziel_dad_johnny_may_snap_EjsFqM2InrfJMJfkUKa7eK

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #406 on: July 31, 2013, 01:23:46 PM »
When things get too unfriendly in here I usually pop in and put up some new rando team's pictures. Troy (State) University 2nite??? Stay tuned...
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #407 on: July 31, 2013, 01:33:31 PM »
Drake!

Look at the Jethro's blimp that floats around!!

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 31, 2013, 01:57:18 PM »

Manziel’s father called the school and NCAA “so selfish” for the way they have probed his son.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/football/manziel_dad_johnny_may_snap_EjsFqM2InrfJMJfkUKa7eK

After the summer of Manziel, if he has a bad year it is going to be absolutely glorious to sit back and watch the crap hit the fan in Aggieland. 
@lopakman

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 31, 2013, 01:59:33 PM »
When things get too unfriendly in here I usually pop in and put up some new rando team's pictures. Troy (State) University 2nite??? Stay tuned...
Sorry, SB.  I'm still pretty butthurt about A&M leaving.  I used to love those wacky bastards.  Even used to have a 12th man shirt I'd wear on occasion.   :surprised:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 31, 2013, 02:00:52 PM »
Drake is like KU's (little) sister school  :D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 31, 2013, 02:02:14 PM »
Havs how is their weird little fieldhouse? Is it cool in an old-fashioned MVC way? I bet it is.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 31, 2013, 02:03:24 PM »
Pro tip for Drake: Lower the field, move in some more rows, BAM! More noise.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 31, 2013, 02:06:56 PM »
This guy totally encapsulates Drake's football facility:

:sdeek:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 31, 2013, 02:08:30 PM »

Like Drake cares about their football?  That stadium was built for the relays.  Fun event actually....
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline daBish7

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 31, 2013, 02:36:21 PM »
WoW!!!  It looks like Drake has a lazy river!

Also SB, Troy would be a fabulous addition to the pud stadiums thread.

:excited:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 31, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »

The company I work for did some of the aTm reno work.  Engineering stuff, not design.  I'm happy to field any questions/concerns about those goofballs and will answer to the best of my ability.

Offline BobBarker

• Don't forget to spay and neuter your pets!
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 31, 2013, 04:36:46 PM »
The company I work for did some of the aTm reno work.  Engineering stuff, not design.  I'm happy to field any questions/concerns about those goofballs and will answer to the best of my ability.

Are all the seats chairbacks, or are there any benches? I would imagine they already thought of this because the armrests would seriously get in the way during the circle jerk.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 31, 2013, 07:38:56 PM »
Ha, good question! I think I oversold myself on this one. The area we did work was the building behind the south end zone fun zone. It's part of the sports complex and certainly part of the fan experience but not part of the stadium proper. SB strikes me as the type who appreciates the fan experience aspect of "what makes an elite stade" so I thought I'd chime in.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 31, 2013, 08:06:01 PM »
Ha, good question! I think I oversold myself on this one. The area we did work was the building behind the south end zone fun zone. It's part of the sports complex and certainly part of the fan experience but not part of the stadium proper. SB strikes me as the type who appreciates the fan experience aspect of "what makes an elite stade" so I thought I'd chime in.

Way to get our hopes up, Kevin.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: July 31, 2013, 10:15:42 PM »
Drake!

Is the blue track an attempt not suck
@Trogdor_gE

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 31, 2013, 10:30:48 PM »

Like Drake cares about their football?  That stadium was built for the relays.  Fun event actually....

Exactly, any comparisons to KU are foolish, they are in fact polar opposites. Drake is a world class track facility with football lines on the infield. Instead of football elites mocking the track, Euro track elites mock Drake's football field. The KU Relays are a cheap knockoff of the Drake Relays and Drake also frequently hosts official USATF meets.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #422 on: July 31, 2013, 10:34:11 PM »
While I appreciate a good fan experience, I really just get my rocks off on drawing 200,000 seat stadium propers. But tell us about what you worked on.

Offline daBish7

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 31, 2013, 10:35:33 PM »
Troy :pray:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 01, 2013, 09:23:41 AM »
While I appreciate a good fan experience, I really just get my rocks off on drawing 200,000 seat stadium propers. But tell us about what you worked on.

Hey man, no question a mega-stade >> some ministry of propoganda headquarters, but I just work on what they throw my way!  We also did Reliant Stadium - home of the Houston Texaquatz - who at least had enough good sense to invite Optimus to work out at their camp.  That was before my time but i'll see if i can find some good insider-y photos.

Pro tip: if you ever find yourself in attendance at Reliant, DO NOT get draught beer when you pak!  Pound em outside or get bottles.  I promise you don't wanna know...