Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438569 times)

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #350 on: July 26, 2013, 11:39:42 AM »
Guys, I have a confession. When I was a kid I used to spend hours and hours just drawing plans of enormous stadiums. Football, basketball, baseball. At my parents' house I have over 200 of these cartooney drawings of stadiums that would be completely unfeasible in real life. I mean, many of them would probably seat well over 250,000 if they were actually brought to fruition. :lol:

When I go back for the Baylor game I'll try to snag them and upload some. They're pretty bad but an 8 year-old SB was suuuuper into it.

:surprised:

:dance:

:cheers:

Offline meSACKwilliams

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 26, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »
Hey man........It's on campus and is considerably closer to the dorms than the Fargodome.
It's a 56 degree sand wedge from the dorm where I lost my virginity.............................the first muther effer to throw out the "5 knuckle shuffle" comment is gonna get punched right in the ovaries.

Waited til college....yikes

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 26, 2013, 12:03:50 PM »

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 26, 2013, 12:57:29 PM »
Hey man........It's on campus and is considerably closer to the dorms than the Fargodome.
It's a 56 degree sand wedge from the dorm where I lost my virginity.............................the first muther effer to throw out the "5 knuckle shuffle" comment is gonna get punched right in the ovaries.

Waited til college....yikes

hey it was his choice, yours was probably taken from you  :blindfold:
everyone is jealous

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #354 on: July 26, 2013, 01:28:42 PM »
Holy refurb.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 26, 2013, 01:38:28 PM »
Good. That place needed it. I drove by there over Thanksgiving and it looked craaaaaaazy!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 26, 2013, 02:00:11 PM »

very steep.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 26, 2013, 02:27:01 PM »
Neyland Stadium is one of the few fortresses that kept me out. :frown:  :don'tcare: Always wanted to see a game there. Checkerboard end zones rule. And SB's uncle stayed in the dorms under the bleachers his freshman year and would come back after games and all the pictures would be rattled off the wall. That was until he flunked out with a stellar 0.0 GPA and immediately got sent to Vietnam.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 26, 2013, 02:29:31 PM »
Guys, I have a confession. When I was a kid I used to spend hours and hours just drawing plans of enormous stadiums. Football, basketball, baseball. At my parents' house I have over 200 of these cartooney drawings of stadiums that would be completely unfeasible in real life. I mean, many of them would probably seat well over 250,000 if they were actually brought to fruition. :lol:

When I go back for the Baylor game I'll try to snag them and upload some. They're pretty bad but an 8 year-old SB was suuuuper into it.

Yeah they were pretty much all this insane from what I remember.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 26, 2013, 06:45:57 PM »
Holy refurb.

Just wheeled the turf of to the side ...good idea

Offline Vitojr130

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 26, 2013, 06:53:44 PM »
Nice, Storma Norma. It's almost like a minor league stadium that you get to play games in. P.S. You guys LOVE Roger Maris.

It is... and that minor league team just got their 1000th win last night (Redhawks). They took the series against the Kansas City T-Turds a few weeks back...

It's 100 yards away from the Fargodome... This is only an issue when drinking, but with North Dakota being the heaviest drinkers in the nation, this happens to be a lot...  :don'tcare:

Offline BobBarker

• Don't forget to spay and neuter your pets!
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 27, 2013, 02:30:15 AM »

It is... and that minor league team just got their 1000th win last night (Redhawks). They took the series against the Kansas City T-Turds a few weeks back...

:facepalm: The American Association of Independent Professional Baseball is like the Division III of Minor league baseball. Do you guys play the big boy version of anything?

Offline Norma Stitz

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • www.championshipsubdivision.com
« Reply #362 on: July 27, 2013, 09:28:16 AM »

:facepalm: The American Association of Independent Professional Baseball is like the Division III of Minor league baseball. Do you guys play the big boy version of anything?

The AP has us ranked 49th nationally in Underwater Basket Weaving.......................And yeah, it's D-1 bitch!

Offline Norma Stitz

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • www.championshipsubdivision.com
« Reply #363 on: July 27, 2013, 09:29:04 AM »

The AP has us ranked 49th nationally in Underwater Basket Weaving.......................And yeah, it's D-1 bitch!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #364 on: July 27, 2013, 10:45:51 AM »

What a clown you are coming into this thread and not being stadium best friends with everyone.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 27, 2013, 11:21:06 AM »

I did this crap too but with houses.  I totally wanted to be a Kstate architect grad, but then I figured out early in college that I suck at science, so the structures part of that curriculum wasn't going to be for me. 

Funny thing is, is that I like science more than when I was in school. 

Science Friday is my favorite show.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 27, 2013, 11:23:46 AM »

Yeah they were pretty much all this insane from what I remember.

You know how pimp that is bro?!!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 27, 2013, 12:21:03 PM »
Holy refurb.

Weird that they left that one (bizarre) upper deck. Why do you think they did that? So they could continue to call it, like, the oldest stadium west of the whatever? Or so they don't have to conform to health codes, or...?

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 27, 2013, 12:39:47 PM »
Holy refurb.

Weird that they left that one (bizarre) upper deck. Why do you think they did that? So they could continue to call it, like, the oldest stadium west of the whatever? Or so they don't have to conform to health codes, or...?
Figured they just built that first so people could come in a watch em build the rest

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #369 on: July 27, 2013, 06:19:22 PM »
Holy refurb.

Figured they just built that first so people could come in a watch em build the rest

That deck was built in the 80s while the rest of the stadium was much earlier. That section will be remodeled to look new.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 27, 2013, 07:12:10 PM »
Holy refurb.

That deck was built in the 80s while the rest of the stadium was much earlier. That section will be remodeled to look new.
Ok,then whats going on with the big hole in the middle

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 27, 2013, 07:24:30 PM »
Holy refurb.

I'm guessing a drainage system?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 27, 2013, 07:29:45 PM »
Light rail is going under the stadium.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #373 on: July 28, 2013, 09:59:36 AM »
Holy refurb.

I'm guessing a drainage system?

The big hole is the new field, which is lower than the original. That small manmade pond is erosion control.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #374 on: July 28, 2013, 03:03:15 PM »
Anyone have a more recent pic of the construction?