Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438367 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #325 on: July 25, 2013, 01:33:09 PM »
that place sucks

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 25, 2013, 01:35:53 PM »
Yeah. It sucks. Like the Alabama coliseum and the Butler Fieldhouse, this one's oreintation is sorta rotated 90 degrees from where you'd think it would be.

And it has Opposite Day seats from the UND hockey arena.

T's and P's, purplecat huup fan.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #327 on: July 25, 2013, 01:36:29 PM »
that place sucks

Beyond weird that a school in Chicago can't at least have a nice basketball arena. I mean, even DePaul has a nice gym.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #328 on: July 25, 2013, 01:40:22 PM »
Yeah. It sucks. Like the Alabama coliseum and the Butler Fieldhouse, this one's oreintation is sorta rotated 90 degrees from where you'd think it would be.

Their football and basketball facilities are almost always full of opposing fans too.

Nebraska game: http://journalstar.com/gallery/husker-football/photos-nebraska-football-vs-northwestern/collection_f1269ccf-993c-5b5f-9d33-e5a37a86828b.html#22
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:47:43 PM by Haverhill »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 25, 2013, 01:44:40 PM »
Gawd. What if you were a die-hard? It would be so tough. :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #330 on: July 25, 2013, 02:12:31 PM »
Gawd. What if you were a die-hard? It would be so tough. :frown:

You suck it up, watch the game, leave in your Beamer or Mercedes, and repeat next gameday.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 25, 2013, 02:21:21 PM »

Let's not neglect the rest of the other stadium for weirdness. Look at the student side. There's a subtle curvature from the 5 yard line on the right to the 5 yard line on the left...and then it straightens out and extends well beyond the end zone. Almost Kyle Field-esque. So bizarre. I mean wtf. :sdeek:

You may be on to something here. Anybody been to Lane Stadium? First name one syllable white guy stadiums might all be weird, who knows?

Offline daBish7

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 25, 2013, 04:00:46 PM »

Let's not neglect the rest of the other stadium for weirdness. Look at the student side. There's a subtle curvature from the 5 yard line on the right to the 5 yard line on the left...and then it straightens out and extends well beyond the end zone. Almost Kyle Field-esque. So bizarre. I mean wtf. :sdeek:

You may be on to something here. Anybody been to Lane Stadium? First name one syllable white guy stadiums might all be weird, who knows?

Lane stadium main side has like 150 rows topped with a goofy looking castle that was newly built. 
I have always kindof liked it for some reason. Their endzone fun one is pretty bad ass.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 25, 2013, 04:53:05 PM »
Kyle Field (A&M)
Lane Stadium (Va Tech)
Ryan Field (Northwestern)   <-----pronounced like stud Chicago Cub Ryne Sandberg's first name so it fits into the one-syllable category

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 25, 2013, 04:56:39 PM »
Kyle Field (A&M)
Lane Stadium (Va Tech)
Ryan Field (Northwestern)   <-----pronounced like stud Chicago Cub Ryne Sandberg's first name so it fits into the one-syllable category

this is what i was going for skibby. glad you took my meaning

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 25, 2013, 06:18:10 PM »

Am I the only person who thought tis was Ahearn at first glance?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 25, 2013, 06:42:07 PM »
You silly goose, Ahearn's roof runs in perpendicular fashion to Welsh-Ryan's.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 25, 2013, 06:52:41 PM »
You know it's bad when the athletic department website won't even show a picture of the bleachers.

The 2012 season marks the 54th year of Rocky Miller Park and the 29th season since its rededication.

Northwestern baseball has been played at the site of Rocky Miller Park at Wells Field since 1943, but it was not until 1958 that the University formally dedicated the park. The area is named after Harry L. Wells, a former vice president and business manager at Northwestern. A 1913 graduate of NU, Wells served the University for 20 years before retiring in 1954.

Long the home of Northwestern baseball, Rocky Miller Park underwent renovation in 1983 and was rededicated during ceremonies in May of 1984. Rocky Miller Park features 600 stadium seats, a press box, as well as an electronic scoreboard.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 25, 2013, 07:41:25 PM »
Skin Ben what are your thoughts on having more rows at the 50 yard line than the goal line?

Northwestern does this and I guess it makes sense and even looks sleek, but I'm against it. I like having a ton of fans right on the goal line screaming their heads off to help the D make a goal line stand. It seems like at Northwestern once a team is inside the ten they look up and see like 12 rows of fans and aren't intimidated and can focus just fine and boom, touchdown visitors.

Offline Norma Stitz

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • www.championshipsubdivision.com
« Reply #339 on: July 26, 2013, 12:22:10 AM »
Newman Outdoor Field 

Home of North Dakota State University Bison Baseball.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #340 on: July 26, 2013, 07:27:25 AM »
Nice, Storma Norma. It's almost like a minor league stadium that you get to play games in. P.S. You guys LOVE Roger Maris.

Offline Norma Stitz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 26, 2013, 08:15:31 AM »
Hey man........It's on campus and is considerably closer to the dorms than the Fargodome.
It's a 56 degree sand wedge from the dorm where I lost my virginity.............................the first muther effer to throw out the "5 knuckle shuffle" comment is gonna get punched right in the ovaries.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 26, 2013, 08:44:36 AM »
that's pretty rad (for real no fakeout)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 26, 2013, 09:00:43 AM »
Hey man........It's on campus and is considerably closer to the dorms than the Fargodome.
It's a 56 degree sand wedge from the dorm where I lost my virginity.............................the first muther effer to throw out the "5 knuckle shuffle" comment is gonna get punched right in the ovaries.

Was it rape?

Offline Norma Stitz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 26, 2013, 09:19:18 AM »

Was it rape?

maybe........

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2013, 09:31:06 AM »
No shame there.  This is a safe place.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 26, 2013, 09:42:40 AM »
a safe place for rapists?  wtf kind of site is this?
emaw

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2013, 09:45:29 AM »
a safe place for rapists?  wtf kind of site is this?

Safe place for those that have been raped. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 26, 2013, 11:07:47 AM »
Guys, I have a confession. When I was a kid I used to spend hours and hours just drawing plans of enormous stadiums. Football, basketball, baseball. At my parents' house I have over 200 of these cartooney drawings of stadiums that would be completely unfeasible in real life. I mean, many of them would probably seat well over 250,000 if they were actually brought to fruition. :lol:

When I go back for the Baylor game I'll try to snag them and upload some. They're pretty bad but an 8 year-old SB was suuuuper into it.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 26, 2013, 11:13:02 AM »
Guys, I have a confession. When I was a kid I used to spend hours and hours just drawing plans of enormous stadiums. Football, basketball, baseball. At my parents' house I have over 200 of these cartooney drawings of stadiums that would be completely unfeasible in real life. I mean, many of them would probably seat well over 250,000 if they were actually brought to fruition. :lol:

When I go back for the Baylor game I'll try to snag them and upload some. They're pretty bad but an 8 year-old SB was suuuuper into it.

:thumbs: