Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438323 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #2050 on: February 20, 2020, 04:12:06 PM »
 Tell me about the amazing engineering of it. Would like to know more about it.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: February 21, 2020, 11:33:09 AM »
Conversely, I HATE Illinois’ Assembly Hall. It suxors.
You're joking @SkinnyBenny .  This place is right up your alley:

Assembly Hall is hilarious and I love it.  The football stadium is actually a pretty great medium capacity stade.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: February 21, 2020, 11:40:43 AM »
I have to be up for work in like 5 and a half hours and have a big day tomorrow, yet here I am just cruising Google images of Indiana's Assembly Hall. Just been looking at it for at least 30 minutes because I absolutely love it. LOVE IT. It's so unlike any other. It's beautiful. Who been there?

Not for game, but a couple of graduations in the family.  It doesn't take much to imagine the pressure of a crowd towering over you as those seats go straight up. Mizzou's old Hearns Center back in the day was a somewhat similar, but far lesser experience.

And of course, the mid-campus location.

It's really not any more of a "mid-campus" location than Bramlage. There are some residence halls up there, but most of campus is South of the railroad tracks
:adios:

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: February 21, 2020, 03:03:20 PM »
I have to be up for work in like 5 and a half hours and have a big day tomorrow, yet here I am just cruising Google images of Indiana's Assembly Hall. Just been looking at it for at least 30 minutes because I absolutely love it. LOVE IT. It's so unlike any other. It's beautiful. Who been there?

Not for game, but a couple of graduations in the family.  It doesn't take much to imagine the pressure of a crowd towering over you as those seats go straight up. Mizzou's old Hearns Center back in the day was a somewhat similar, but far lesser experience.

And of course, the mid-campus location.

It's really not any more of a "mid-campus" location than Bramlage. There are some residence halls up there, but most of campus is South of the railroad tracks

Yeah - That is true.  Although there is * a lot* of student residential up there; somewhat like how the university has grown northward to fill in and around Bramlage, but more so.  I'm just of the vintage from when it was built and recall the jarring experience getting there compared to Ahearn.  OK Boomer....

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: February 21, 2020, 10:52:59 PM »
Assemly Hall at IU might be the singular biggest pile of garbage design in sports facilities history.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: February 22, 2020, 08:16:30 AM »
Dlew why would is Illinois’ arena right up my alley? I hate arenas whose stands are “roundhouse’y”. Also that roof is just so high above the top row of bleachers. And too much orange.

I went to the football stade in 6th grade. I remember thinking it was v. cool except that it’s old so the highest up few seats in the lower deck have obstructed views from the beams holding up the upper deck. Then we went to Zorba’s afterward and got a gyro.

Hey also what’s with The Gulf betwixt the back of the end zone and the first row of their End Zone Fun Zone? Reminds me of what West Virginia’s got going on. What could you possibly be using that extra space for?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #2056 on: February 22, 2020, 08:21:34 AM »
Conversely, I HATE Illinois’ Assembly Hall. It suxors.
You're joking @SkinnyBenny .  This place is right up your alley:

Assembly Hall is hilarious and I love it.  The football stadium is actually a pretty great medium capacity stade.
I think it looks fun. When they light it up at night with different colors it's neat.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: February 24, 2020, 08:43:14 AM »
I actually like what they did with their last renovation, and from grumblings, we could see some similar aspects* in Bramlage with our renovation there in however many years.

***Just the suites, lounge, club levelish type stuff half way up the seating on the west side, not much else really.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: February 24, 2020, 08:50:46 AM »
Also, (but not different than a significant amount of college venues, I guess) it appears to be a pretty elite atmosphere when they're good and/or for big games

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: February 24, 2020, 09:18:37 AM »
Dlew why would is Illinois’ arena right up my alley? I hate arenas whose stands are “roundhouse’y”. Also that roof is just so high above the top row of bleachers. And too much orange.
Because it looks like a spaceship from the outside and it's goofy AF.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: February 24, 2020, 09:20:25 AM »
def looks better on the inside, the outside looks very mold aggie

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: February 24, 2020, 09:48:51 AM »
That was definitely a rodeo arena originally, right?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: February 24, 2020, 09:52:31 AM »
Round basketball arenas are really stupid.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: February 24, 2020, 10:05:14 AM »
I'm not opposed to them making the basketball court round

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: May 08, 2020, 11:24:25 AM »
Lane sucks imo.

I hate the look of non-contiguous seats.  4 unconnected seat structures?  :Yuck:

Dlews everywhere will HATE this stade my Canadian friend made out of Magna-Tiles today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: May 08, 2020, 11:25:39 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: May 08, 2020, 01:46:55 PM »
It's like Lane Stadium and Jack Trice Stadium had sex and a TLB stadium was born.  "Oh what an adorable stadium, it definitely has Jack Trice's pressbox!"

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: May 08, 2020, 09:03:40 PM »
It's like Lane Stadium and Jack Trice Stadium had sex and a TLB stadium was born.  "Oh what an adorable stadium, it definitely has Jack Trice's pressbox!"

The Word.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: May 11, 2020, 08:39:57 AM »
 :Yuck:

PU

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: May 11, 2020, 09:59:02 AM »
that needs to be half as wide to be jack trice's pressbox, it's like some of you don't have eyes

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: May 13, 2020, 12:22:26 PM »
I actually like what they did with their last renovation, and from grumblings, we could see some similar aspects* in Bramlage with our renovation there in however many years.

***Just the suites, lounge, club levelish type stuff half way up the seating on the west side, not much else really.

Buddy went to Illinois for Grad School.

Rode up with him on his visit.

Went in and walked around the "State Farm Center"

Had free reign of the place, walked down on the court, ran into a couple of employees.  We were certain we would be kicked out but everybody was chill.

Emboldened we walked into the football stade.

Immediately asked to leave.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: May 13, 2020, 02:42:46 PM »
Round basketball arenas are assy, but Illinois made the best of it. Wichita State is an example of a brutal round arena, tons of empty space.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: May 13, 2020, 11:41:55 PM »
Round basketball arenas are assy, but Illinois made the best of it. Wichita State is an example of a brutal round arena, tons of empty space.

Fully agree. I think Assembly StateFarm Hall's EXTREMELY MAJOR renovations made it look even kinda cool. Certainly significantly more interesting than it used to be. It's kind of like it has an upper deck now.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: May 13, 2020, 11:43:49 PM »
Now can we please take a minute to laugh at the EXTREMELY PUD Petrovsky Stadium in Russia? I seriously don't know if I've ever woofed so hard at a stadium.

THOSE LIGHTS, MY GOD.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: May 13, 2020, 11:45:51 PM »
Sweet Jesus I hate it so much.