Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 450828 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #1250 on: June 01, 2016, 11:18:41 AM »
Nothing yet. Not gonna matter anyway. Getting the VIP Def Leppard Front Row Meet & Greet Package for me and Mrs. Cajundome. Only $797.00 apiece.  :Woot:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 01, 2016, 10:31:42 PM »
skin ben did you see that miles davis framed poster in the suite?  :love:

def leppard has never once used a trumpet, so hopefully they took it down before the concert. :don'tcare:

yeah but Styx played too. You gonna tell me Dennis DeYoung doesn't appreciate some hot trumpet licks?

Dunno about that but I HAVE SOME AMAZING NEWS. Def Leppard just announced yesterday that they're coming to town in late August. Since the Smoothie King Center does NOT feature seating sections that look as though they were crafted out of Legos, I can go.

Weirdly non uniform seat colors tho.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 02, 2016, 12:48:01 AM »
Good call MIR. I think that's a callback to the days of the old Superdome rainbow'y seats, which I always thought were SO WEIRD. When they do that kind of thing I always wonder, like, do they think by making every chair a different color that it will make empty-ish events look more full? I guess I'll find out on August 20th.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 01:08:39 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 06, 2016, 05:52:05 AM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 06, 2016, 07:56:15 AM »
 :cheers: Sweet pics of a weird arena, but def gonna need some commentary 'undance 'id

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 06, 2016, 08:20:20 AM »
Is that a graduation ceremony? Wikipedia says Hofstra is nonsectarian.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 06, 2016, 09:28:18 AM »
Maybe a high school graduation? :dunno:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 06, 2016, 09:39:24 AM »
The first pic looks like a rendering and the people look like casual conversation rendering people
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 06, 2016, 05:49:30 PM »
The first pic looks like a rendering and the people look like casual conversation rendering people
:lol:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 07, 2016, 12:49:34 PM »
The ceremony was for Kellenberg Memorial High School, a fairly prestigious Catholic high school. My cousin graduated 25th out of 540. Aside from what you can see, there isn't a whole lot that I can add. The arena is complete with chair backs everywhere which is very nice. Parking is right on site and adequate for an arena of it's size. Due to the event I was at, there wasn't much room for exploring. I just wanted to share the pics as I knew Skinnybenny would appreciate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: June 07, 2016, 01:19:10 PM »
@SB: I know in the past we've both expressed that we were very fond of Sanford Stadium (pre-reno).  What do we think of Michigan State's Stade?  I personally really like it and think it might be one of my favs.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 07, 2016, 07:45:34 PM »
@SB: I know in the past we've both expressed that we were very fond of Sanford Stadium (pre-reno).  What do we think of Michigan State's Stade?  I personally really like it and think it might be one of my favs.

I haven't been there in 12 years but when I went I wasn't completely impressed with the amenities, I think they have done two renos since then though. I did love the location on campus though, that whole area is sweet.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 07, 2016, 08:21:26 PM »
Sanford is awesome.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 08, 2016, 08:12:58 AM »
The ceremony was for Kellenberg Memorial High School, a fairly prestigious Catholic high school. My cousin graduated 25th out of 540. Aside from what you can see, there isn't a whole lot that I can add. The arena is complete with chair backs everywhere which is very nice. Parking is right on site and adequate for an arena of it's size. Due to the event I was at, there wasn't much room for exploring. I just wanted to share the pics as I knew Skinnybenny would appreciate it.

It's about damn time you got back on this board, SdK.  Life at gE isn't the same without your posts. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 10, 2016, 05:55:50 PM »

I most DEF appreciate the Hofstra pics. :cheers: SDK what if I told you that I ALSO went to went to that basketball arena during a whirlwind graduation weekend in ol' Hempstead, NY? I find it odd for many reasons.

Like, it seems like there's a lot of walls in this place. The bleacher to wall-space-above-the-bleachers ratio is all wrong iyam. Also they have square panels of what look to be sound absorber thingies on the walls. I just don't get it. Don't you WANT the crowd to roar as loud as possible when the Flying Dutchmen are beating down some hapless CAA foe? Also. Really confused by what appears to be windows in the top (or at minimum, lights?). You know, those geometric shapes that kinda look like Tetris pieces. What gives there? I guess what I'm saying is just that it feels very bright, and not at all doom'y. But I'm guessing that's what they're going for because if you look closely you'll see that they hung a banner for hosting the 2012 presidential debate.

What's behind that big white garage door tunnel thingy just off to the left of the stage? Do you think that's where they store all the presidential debate banners from yesteryear?

I mean what in the world? :confused: Their behind the basket bleachers go up higher than the along-the-sideline bleachers? What is this, the Nebraska football stadium? :confused:

Also that softball stadium is pud

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 01, 2016, 05:16:10 PM »

Found a stadium with a worse track situation than KU.  Eastern Illinois O'Brien field.  Track and then two runways for long jump and pole vault then the bleachers.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: September 01, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »
 :lol:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: September 01, 2016, 08:34:56 PM »
That cannot be real. It makes me so sad inside.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: September 01, 2016, 09:44:24 PM »

Real... bad.

Tom

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: September 01, 2016, 09:47:57 PM »

Yeah, no sitting near enough to the field to see the game, either. 

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: September 01, 2016, 09:53:49 PM »
Go leathernecks  :thumbs:

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: September 01, 2016, 10:32:59 PM »
Go leathernecks  :thumbs:

Tony Romo is just a banner on the field house now.

Western 38-21.

Tom

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 02, 2016, 09:42:22 AM »
Anyone who speaks negatively about Tony Romo can meet me at the Ernie Barrett statue. 

The Big Train

« Reply #1273 on: September 02, 2016, 09:45:01 AM »
Anyone who speaks negatively about Tony Romo can meet me at the Ernie Barrett statue.

What time?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 02, 2016, 11:06:34 AM »
You will get broken in half easier than he (Tony) does.