Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438366 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #1125 on: July 19, 2015, 02:42:36 PM »
Fantastic write-up, BB. Had always wondered about what the Tigercats' press box looks like. Mismatched window is majorly lol.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 19, 2015, 06:52:29 PM »

FORT HAYS STATE TIGERCATS

hay guys i know you're a juco but seriously what gives with that weird other-colored other-shaped window

that's definitely not a slam dunk.

concourse looking like an ambassador of kwon

you see this practice facility?  you like it?  because they don't really need it because they're cloaked in failure

i will not rest until I have this scoreboard/playclock holding a Coke, wearing its own shoe, playing a sega game featuring the scoreboard/playclock, while singing a scoreboard/playclock song in a new commercial, starring scoreboard/playclock, broadcast during the Superbowl, in a game that the scoreboard/playclock are working, and I will not sleep until that happens. I'll give you fifteen minutes to call me back.

this ramp is "mr. black people"

i feel for this visitor's section.  I really do.  But a real visitor's section wouldn't shoplift the pootie from a single mom. 

I've been to that pud ass stadium back in high school our team played there and got destroyed by Hays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 19, 2015, 06:56:55 PM »
I went to a high school stadium today that was completely insane. Will post results probably in like 3 months, which is usually my turnaround time.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 20, 2015, 12:10:00 PM »
I went to a high school stadium today that was completely insane. Will post results probably in like 3 months, which is usually my turnaround time.

:excited:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 20, 2015, 10:46:35 PM »
HeyheyheyWHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

This is a family thread, guys. A family thread on a family blog.
:shy:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 20, 2015, 11:51:13 PM »

:excited:

42 I BET YOU KNOW WHICH HIGH SCHOOL STADE I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!!!

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 02, 2015, 09:27:17 PM »
Was at Pitt State recentl; took some pics inside the stadium, anyone already do a writeup? (I'll probably ignore it and do my own anyways).

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 02, 2015, 11:01:53 PM »
don't think so, 1863! :excited:

Also did you get all up in that huupz arena?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:37:13 AM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 02, 2015, 11:08:34 PM »

FORT HAYS STATE TIGERCATS

hay guys i know you're a juco but seriously what gives with that weird other-colored other-shaped window

that's definitely not a slam dunk.

concourse looking like an ambassador of kwon

you see this practice facility?  you like it?  because they don't really need it because they're cloaked in failure

i will not rest until I have this scoreboard/playclock holding a Coke, wearing its own shoe, playing a sega game featuring the scoreboard/playclock, while singing a scoreboard/playclock song in a new commercial, starring scoreboard/playclock, broadcast during the Superbowl, in a game that the scoreboard/playclock are working, and I will not sleep until that happens. I'll give you fifteen minutes to call me back.

this ramp is "mr. black people"

i feel for this visitor's section.  I really do.  But a real visitor's section wouldn't shoplift the pootie from a single mom. 

I've been to that pud ass stadium back in high school our team played there and got destroyed by Hays.

I have two brothers and two sisters graduate from there.  I can tell you they are a BB school and don't give a eff about football!
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 03, 2015, 12:31:34 PM »

:'bye cruel world:don't think so, 1863! :excited:

Also did you get all up in that huupz arena?

Unfortunately no, didn't have the time. Maybe next time or if someone else has some good pics.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 03, 2015, 12:43:11 PM »
Bring it on, 1863! :excited:

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 22, 2015, 08:43:16 PM »
Took some pics of the Coliseum (WVU hoops) when I was in Morgantown a couple weeks ago, but it's not pud. Is this still the thread for that?...

I thought SD or someone had a "tour of stadiums" thread or something.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:19:36 PM by cDubya »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 23, 2015, 07:49:10 AM »
Took some pics of the Coliseum (WVU hoops) when I was in Morgantown a couple weeks ago, but it's not pud. Is this still the thread for that?...

I thought SD or someone had a "tour of stadiums" thread or something.
this is the thread for that.  i dreamed i was in WVU's basketball building a while back and it was a very bizarre place in my dream.  curious to know how close my subconscious was.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 23, 2015, 09:06:15 AM »
Until a few years ago, FHSU was in the RMAC, which was full of schools that didn't care about football.  That conference had FB scholarship limits that were lower than D-II limits.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 29, 2015, 10:02:55 PM »
Have you guys seen how they sliced apart Sun Devil Stadium's upper deck? It's weird as hell. Turn on ESPN.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: October 29, 2015, 11:19:26 PM »
gross.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 29, 2015, 11:56:20 PM »
They also aren't done with it yet.  They're renovating in 3 phases over 3 off seasons.  Their master plan include tearing down more of the upper deck after this season.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 30, 2015, 07:31:15 AM »
They also aren't done with it yet.  They're renovating in 3 phases over 3 off seasons.  Their master plan include tearing down more of the upper deck after this season.

Link?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 30, 2015, 06:32:16 PM »
Was there for the game against Cal Poly earlier this year. They've made small improvements so far but the stadium is a long way from being considered nice. Biggest shame is that Tempe let all these businesses build right north of the stadium and block the awesome views from the upper deck.

Wanted to go to the Oregon game last night but my buddy bailed  :frown:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 02, 2015, 10:27:34 PM »
They're doing to Miami's stadium what they're doing to Sun Devil Stadium. Except they're doing it better in Miami (which is shocking because Joe Robbie Stadium has always been an idiotically planned piece of crap). Sleek website, to boot.

http://www.newmiamistadium.com/

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 02, 2015, 10:33:37 PM »
my company did some work on that sb
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 03, 2015, 06:46:57 PM »
my company did some work on that sb

:excited: tell me more

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 03, 2015, 07:10:15 PM »
don't worry, that concrete is fireproof skinbens

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 02, 2016, 10:49:29 AM »
Snuck into the Liberty Bowl. Any other goEMAW'rs in here right now? If so, 'pak?

Welp it's been over a year and many of you will be reading this post on the world famous Tapatalk app on your phones in the parking lot of this very stadium, so I guess there's no better time than the present to dissect the world famous footballin' home of the footballin'

University of Memphis Tigercats

If you're at today's game you'll likely notice that this stadium has been renown through the years for many things, but most notable of all is that it has always maintained a 7:2 ratio of parking lot cones to press boxes.

When you bought your ticket for the Liberty Bowl did you have any idea that you were stepping into Curve City, USA? It's so weird. It's like some kind of fun house or something. The only other stadium I can think of that compares in wibbly-wobbly, woogily-googily curviness is the old Tampa Bay Bucccanneeers' stadium where Whitney Houston did the national anthem for the Super Bowl. (A performance which would later win a Nickelodeon Kids' Choice award, if I'm not mistaken.)

Look at this photo! Look at it! You can't find a straight line anywere. Except on the press box elevator shaft, which rises in stately, straight fashion against a background of trippy-ass curves. Oh, and look at that adorbs light post they put on top of it. :D It reminds me of Quail Man's headpiece. :D :D

oh man, try to find the wee little baby scoreboard. omg, it's like a Mountaineer Field tunnel over here. :ump:

P.S. They really configured those lights like a buncha bozos.

This next photo here is a stadium reviewer's dream and nightmare. So much to talk about, where do I even start? Well I guess I'll just jump right in with those weird-ass end zones. Hopefully for the game today they've replaced the tiger stripes in the K-State end zone with the elegant stripes of our official bobcat mascot Touchdown IX. Hogs don't have stripes, but I can only assume they decorated the Arky end zone with green stink lines or something.

The press box on this side is weird. It doesn't match the other press box, so I'm assuming the one in this photo is actually mostly suites for Mario Chalmers' reading tutors or something. It reminds me of...I don't quite know what. Like some sci-fi character or cartoon character or something. Maybe Ickis from AAH! Real Monsters? Maybe Bender from that annoying Futurama show that everyone pretends is funny? Dunno. Either way, I like how they just decided to build it INSIDE OF THE STADIUM instead of over the top of it. Very pud. Many obstructed view seats up there in row 100 (and all over, for that matter). Oh and a warning to any qat fans sitting on the 50 yard-line in the top row: when Bazooka Joe does his thing today and slings it all over the field for 450 passing yards and 8 TDs, be careful of jumping up in celebration because you will straight bonk your head on the underside of that press box.

Also I like how they just sorta randomly threw in 3 or 4 rows of seatbacks. Weird placement, weird decision. Weird design. Doesn't even spell MEMPHIS across 7 sections or anything.

OMG look at the little portal entrance thingies that take you from the concourse into the stadium. The higher row is super duper crooked, like how a 7 year-old would freehand draw it. That's just the price of admission here in Curve City, USA.

If you are unlucky enough to have one of the literally tens of thousands of seats in this stadium with at least a slightly obstructed view, fear not: they have this huge jumbotron for replays.

omglolfartjk they have a real jumbotron. And you don't have to worry about it tumbling down during the game because it is very well-supported. I'm no structural engineering major or Inspector 34 from Pete and Pete, but that thing looks pretty solid to me. Lots of beams and cross-beams and I-beams and stuff. It ain't goin' anywhere. You can just tell they got dat FedEx money.

Oh man, check out those tarps. Combine them with the small ESPN banner below and the rainy day I took these photos and I just get really sad. :frown:

True confession: I know that Inspector 34 actually only inspected underwear, not stadium jumbotrons. I'm just in it for the Nickolodeon references today.

Will you reach the century mark at the 2016 Liberty Bowl? When I climbed this mountain my quads hurt worse than my pride did when I got slimed that one time on "You Can't Do That On Television" :eek:

Sure, go ahead and put a press box there, nobody's tryin to watch a game or anything. If I were sitting in row 100 and I had a word with the stadium architects I would tell them to MOVE THAT GIGANTIC COTTON CANDY. (My refs are all over the place today.)

Look at this old timey bench at the top row! It's so cute. It reminds me of like what the stadiums probably looked like in 1890 when K-State was playing Ft. Riley High School at the Bluemont Fairgrounds or w/e

So precious few Tigercats have paid for chairback seating :frown:

So there you go Cat fans, enjoy your experience today. In regards to playing in the Liberty Bowl, it's our first year ever so expect to walk in and hear the Marchin' Hogs Pep Band playing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH50ZF9QPmQ
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:56:06 AM by SkinnyBenny »