Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438384 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #1000 on: May 07, 2015, 08:29:56 AM »
i thought it was still being built?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1001 on: May 07, 2015, 08:30:28 AM »

That picture was after phase 1 was completed in August.

Phase 2 is basically demolishing the west side and rebuilding:

Replaced with:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 07, 2015, 08:32:48 AM »
noted.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 07, 2015, 08:50:13 AM »
hey skin ben, did you like my Tuiasosopo post, like even a lil bit?

Hey meow meow? Can I be honest?

irl lol'd.

:sdeek:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 07, 2015, 09:21:01 AM »
if i'm being honest, this is my favorite thread on gE.c.  SB should consider going on a journey to every P5 stadium and writing up a review of it.  i'd pay good money for that book.  great job again, SB.

:D  I could call it "The Eyeblack Odyssey."

i'm surprised you didn't comment on how the press box interacts with the overhang -- at least I think that's the pressbox.  anyhow, those seats to the sides of whatever that is just at the base of the overhang are pretty lousy.  not michigan lousy, but still not good.

I think you're talking about these photos, right?

Yeah. I noticed those seats after looking really closely yesterday morning and got kind of irrationally angry. I mean it's just not fair to those people. :frown: Why, in this day and age, is there ANY excuse to have obstructed view seating on new construction? And even more than that, it's just like, what in the world, man? Why would you spend gabillions of dollars and tear everything down and build it back up again only to have that weird press box thingy span like 112 yards instead of just the full 120 or whatever? Sick of this. So steamed.

also, those speakers on the overhang are pretty impressive.  bet it gets really loud.

Probably really awesome when they get their Nirvarnar and Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden really crankin', amirite? (Seattle is famous for grunge music for those of you who didn't know, it's just a li'l SB joke in there for ya.)

re. your point about tall upper decks, i was always struck by how tall A&M's endzones were.  Udub's may be taller though.

Actually, you're right. I had totally forgotten about The Zone. Which is weird because I've sat there twice. Not sure which is more tall, aTm or UW, I just know that in general I like my upper decks like I like my women, tall and top heavy, amirite? (just another lil SB 'guy' joke in there for ya :D )

Dlew what are your thoughts on The Triple A/HecEdPav?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 07, 2015, 06:02:33 PM »
I think it's great except for the lol concourses.  Who did they get to design that boring area, FRASIER AND NILES?! (seattle joke, not bsfs crane joke)

Also, my gosh, when i first read that post, i laughed to the point of tears at the lady vacuuming the football field.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 07, 2015, 06:52:50 PM »
I ran all the way around Bryant Denny today without stopping (!), which is great for me but bad for the thread. Anyway it's really tall, and a huge chunk of upper level seats hangs way out over an actual irl street. It's pretty nuts looking

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 07, 2015, 07:35:36 PM »
great pictures mocat
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 07, 2015, 07:50:15 PM »
I told you I didn't stop which is bad for the thread

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 07, 2015, 09:21:32 PM »
Take it to the distance running thread? I honestly don't know what to do here. But mocat. How underwhelming is Tuscaloosa? Woof.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:24:33 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 07, 2015, 09:41:44 PM »
I think it's great except for the lol concourses.  Who did they get to design that boring area, FRASIER AND NILES?! (seattle joke, not bsfs crane joke)

Also, my gosh, when i first read that post, i laughed to the point of tears at the lady vacuuming the football field.

She was so lol'zy. I mean, the most major wut I've seen in a football stadium since going to the Kibbie Dome.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 07, 2015, 11:06:17 PM »
SB Stone Temple Piolets are not from Seattle bud.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 08, 2015, 05:53:28 AM »
SB Stone Temple Piolets are not from Seattle bud.

Grungy tho. Source:

"Ty-hyyyyme t' taaaaaker hooome, iss heeee-see-errrr, isss kommm-pis lllllayy-teddd."

« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 06:04:41 AM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 08, 2015, 08:20:20 AM »
Take it to the distance running thread? I honestly don't know what to do here. But mocat. How underwhelming is Tuscaloosa? Woof.

It's in the state of Alabama so I'm not sure how it could be underwhelming

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 08, 2015, 08:30:14 AM »
The UW post was v good SB. I drove by the stadium in 2012, and then the next day I screamed at the TV at my sister's house in Seattle while the KSU Cats beat OU in Norman.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1015 on: May 08, 2015, 09:27:13 AM »

That picture was after phase 1 was completed in August.

Phase 2 is basically demolishing the west side and rebuilding:

Replaced with:

Just realized today that the trees between the road and the demolished west side of Kyle Field are still there. Texas trees are ugly.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 08, 2015, 01:38:04 PM »
How underwhelming is Tuscaloosa? Woof.

It's the Qdoba of college towns

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1017 on: May 08, 2015, 01:38:58 PM »
How underwhelming is Tuscaloosa? Woof.

It's the Qdoba of college towns

Oh My God

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1019 on: May 14, 2015, 08:18:58 AM »
if i'm being honest, this is my favorite thread on gE.c.  SB should consider going on a journey to every P5 stadium and writing up a review of it.  i'd pay good money for that book.  great job again, SB.

:D  I could call it "The Eyeblack Odyssey."

i'm surprised you didn't comment on how the press box interacts with the overhang -- at least I think that's the pressbox.  anyhow, those seats to the sides of whatever that is just at the base of the overhang are pretty lousy.  not michigan lousy, but still not good.

I think you're talking about these photos, right?

Yeah. I noticed those seats after looking really closely yesterday morning and got kind of irrationally angry. I mean it's just not fair to those people. :frown: Why, in this day and age, is there ANY excuse to have obstructed view seating on new construction? And even more than that, it's just like, what in the world, man? Why would you spend gabillions of dollars and tear everything down and build it back up again only to have that weird press box thingy span like 112 yards instead of just the full 120 or whatever? Sick of this. So steamed.

also, those speakers on the overhang are pretty impressive.  bet it gets really loud.

Probably really awesome when they get their Nirvarnar and Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden really crankin', amirite? (Seattle is famous for grunge music for those of you who didn't know, it's just a li'l SB joke in there for ya.)

re. your point about tall upper decks, i was always struck by how tall A&M's endzones were.  Udub's may be taller though.

Actually, you're right. I had totally forgotten about The Zone. Which is weird because I've sat there twice. Not sure which is more tall, aTm or UW, I just know that in general I like my upper decks like I like my women, tall and top heavy, amirite? (just another lil SB 'guy' joke in there for ya :D )

The way the edge of the press row has been angled leads me to believe that those seats have a view of the entire field.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: May 14, 2015, 08:26:51 AM »
Denied (I think).  Seems like I tried out the top row. :frown:

But I know what you mean, and thanks for noticing. Which is kind of how I feel in general about people who build stadiums with the press boxes IN the bleachers but angle it on the corners: "thanks for noticing. .....BUUUUT how about next time just do better." Even if you can technically see the whole field, there's still a ton of the stadium they can't see, and that's part of the game day experience, amirite? :frown:

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1021 on: May 14, 2015, 08:42:38 AM »
Denied (I think).  Seems like I tried out the top row. :frown:

But I know what you mean, and thanks for noticing. Which is kind of how I feel in general about people who build stadiums with the press boxes IN the bleachers but angle it on the corners: "thanks for noticing. .....BUUUUT how about next time just do better." Even if you can technically see the whole field, there's still a ton of the stadium they can't see, and that's part of the game day experience, amirite? :frown:

Yeah, sometimes altering little things like that for a few seats can cost big money. What is weird is that this is the brand new grandstand. The old grandstand (1980s) on the other side was kept from the old stadium.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1022 on: May 14, 2015, 08:45:35 AM »
I may be defending her a little too much, but I just love Husky Stadium.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 14, 2015, 08:48:37 AM »
They could use a jumbotron that faces the bay.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1024 on: May 14, 2015, 10:27:56 AM »
They could use a jumbotron that faces the bay.

Tennessee and Baylor too