Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 449067 times)

Offline jar

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #975 on: May 04, 2015, 03:47:58 PM »

Electrify the uprights

The ball is disintegrated as it passes through. Ball still exists? Kick was no good.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 05, 2015, 11:16:45 AM »
TULANE PURPLE WAVE auction company

GREAT NEWS GUYS, FOUND THIS OTHER PHOTO FROM RIGHT AFTER THE GAME!

T-U-L we'll carry the banner high. T-U-L long long my the colors fly. Right after they finished singing their alma mater, this rabid block of students caused a national uproar when they stormed the court and viciously chicken winged a UAB player. Pretty sure a Blazers coach was nearly smothered to death against the press table in the ensuing melee, too.  This student section is basically the ISIS of American Conference fanbases.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:10:44 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 06, 2015, 09:23:27 AM »
University of Washington Huskykatz

That's right ladies and gentlemen, last night I saw someone write out the name of the drug Heroin but spell it with an E on the end, which obviously isn't right. Then that made me think of when all these Seattle musicians were doing Heroin and becoming junkies and then that made me think OH YEAH I'VE GOT A BUNCH OF HUSKYKAT PICTURES SOMEWHERE! I first went to their football stade about 2006 when it was its normal dumb old self. But then I saw it when they totally gutted it, then I went back when it was done. I guess you could say I'm an elite Seattle visit'r.

Their old stade before the renovations:

Here's a site with a bunch of cool pictures of the stadium guttage. Would love for a construction cat to look at those and tell me why there are two weird dirty swimming pools on the field in the top picture.
http://www.collegiatestadiums.com/2012/04/19/photos-of-renovations-at-washintons-husky-stadium/

I remember somewhere back on like page 7 or something someone asked me, "Hey SB. What's your secret for always getting into stadiums?" And I gave this really long, detailed, multi-bulleted plan for different ways you can sneak in. But I forgot one! #8 or whatever on that list should be, "show up when the campus is crawling with 10,000 Jehovah's Witnesses. Then as their weird convention is letting out of Husky Stadium, you can just slink into the gates and pretend like you're a JW even though everyone else is dressed in long suits in the middle of July and you're just wearing your 2012 Big XII Champs shirt." Shoulda been wearing my 1999 Holiday Bowl shirt though, just to really symbolically mush every single Husky face I saw straight into the toilet.

Here you can see the nice outer facade which would look even better with a big ol' History Awaits banner. (I say that because as you can see, until recently they also had a track lololololol). One of the upper decks is the only thing leftover from the old stadium, along with the massive overhang above the stands which blocks the rain and broadcasts to everyone on the planet just how Northwest'y that particular stadium is.  "Hey look at me I go to Oregon it rains a lot we have to have these overhangs."  "Oh yeah well I go to Oregon State and our overhang game is pretty on point too."  "Here at UW we have the biggest overhangs in the Pac-12."  :jerk:

It appears they brought the bleachers much closer to the stands for more elite sightlines toward whoever was the keynote Witness speaker, and they added much more elaborate layers of bleachers/suites on this side. It used to be pretty basic, but with the renovation this thing went from being a plain ol' baloney sandwich to one more suited for Dagwood. :love:

This is the view that definitely still includes their old upper deck. It's the Husky Stade equivalent to the East Side bleachers. They jazzed it up underneath the big guy, though.

Well that cute li'l End Zone Fun Zone bleacher configuration looks familiar. :D   It's well-known that they kept theirs downscaled so as to preserve the view of Lake Washington, much like we here at KSU Cats U did with our view of Lake Meatgoat.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now we begin the series of photos I like to call, "OOOH, LOOK AT THOSE CURVES." Please note how their new stadium, which is otherwise pretty pud as the thread title implies, features really well-done, elegant, subtle curves with the bleacher configuration. I often wonder what Purple State Cats College stadium would look like if the bleachers were slightly curved vs. parallel to the out of bounds lines. BUT THAT'S FOR ANOTHER THREAD. Just...oooh, look at those curves.

Concourse logos. Backlit. Not very powercat'y.

Man. Can you imagine a Pack 'pak? Probably awesome as you drink boat drinks and look out at Lake Worshington.

Here you see a different view of their End Zone Fun Zone. Few things to notice here. 1) Who's that JW clown gettin' all up in my shot? 2) Elite, elegant, subtle bleacher curvature. :love:  3) Football practice field with spooky husky eyes on the wall.  4) Look at this cute li'l softball field! Man. Talk about wanting to roll a 'rena up and put it in your pocket and say hi to it all day. Wow, just wow. Get a load of those three-row bleachers extending halfway around the back of the wall, but then they cut it off in left field, presumably so there's no obstructions for lady softball'rs to hit whoppers that plunk in the lake. Can barely handle how adorbz it all is.

Midfield logo really needs some work.

Different viewpoint of Dagwood's dream sammy. Note the lol lights on the braggy overhang.

Have you ever seen a taller upper deck? The answer is no. I have been all over these 50 nifty and I legit can't think of a more top-heavy upper deck than this boheumith  boheemith big guy you see right here. Much quad workouts, so tall, or whatever. [/doge]

Caption contest. Go.

'nother view of their cute li'l 'oftball stade, and what I assume is their pud attempt at a rowing facility.

O-M-Squeee

Gah you guys I srsly just could not get enough of this lady. I sat down and watched her vacuum the end zone for like 5 minutes. It was so lolwtf.

Guess who snuck into the suites. AGAIN. :cool:  Honestly, not that impressive for being a big school in a big stadium with big-money donors.

What would the 'cat version of this be?

Dat angle :love:

George Washington (founder of the university)

Shifting gears... (it's almost over)

Alaska Airlines Arena, or as I like to call it, "Triple A" :D   It appears to be under some kind of restoration here (July 2014), because it's a suuuuper old gym. IMO, they did the "Ahearn echo" thing the right way. The Triple A, or Hec Edmunson Pavilion, or "HecEdPav," as I like to call it, is sweet. It's super old but has been constantly updated and feels modern. If I recall, the renovations were done five months later. Can't say for sure though, because my Canadian friend went to a Washington women's basketball game in December but had legally consumed too many zoot brownies beforehand and forgot to look for scaffolding.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WEIRD COURT ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
(That's the Seattle skyline on the other side.)
Also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WEIRD DAWG EYES ON THE UNDERSIDE OF THE SCOREBOARD ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey sign: I did. :cool:

So as you can see, you might as well call the triple-A "Bill" because it is very Raftery.

Concourse is a total joke. Hotel carpeting and almost no room to move. Definitely built when people were waaay skinnier. And if I'm being honest, the concessions were kind of a joke too. :flush:

But they did have this going on!

"I'm not about to tell you, Marv."  <--who can name this elite near-reference?

Marv Harshman sounds like your elementary school band director.

And now we close out our extremely long UW Huskycats update. But not without a picture of this fine work of art. It hangs in a Seattle bar in Wallingford called The Grizzled Wizard, which might be the best bar on the planet (Drinx notwithstanding). Tons of comical gummy bear/Skittles/Swedish Fish infused vodkas, and free Pac-Man/Burger Time arcade 24/7. Also a massive mural on the wall of a giant wizard shooting lightning at you. And this.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 10:00:02 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BushBlister

• Combo-Fan
  • MINION TIME!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 06, 2015, 10:49:35 AM »
skinnybenny post
i got a laptop now

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 06, 2015, 12:00:39 PM »
after this post, I hope we get a home and home with Washington in football.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 06, 2015, 12:07:31 PM »
Don't count on it. I heard grumblings while I was there that they are still insanely bitter about/humiliated by our 1999 Holiday Bowl beatdown.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 06, 2015, 12:16:32 PM »
You really hit the Marques on Huskie fans.  Sounds like what you're saying is at least Tui of their fans aso pissed they sopo-sedly don't want to play us. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 06, 2015, 12:18:28 PM »
Don't count on it. I heard grumblings while I was there that they are still insanely bitter about/humiliated by our 1999 Holiday Bowl beatdown.

i actually have a surprisingly high number of close personal friends that are washington husky grads and they to a man or woman all are completely rough ridin' livid about that to this day.  i can confirm that each and everyone one of them has on multiple occasions stated in no uncertain terms that they hate go purple cats univeristy fight on state u so rough ridin' much and that if they ever so much as met a qatz fan they would kidnap and kill it. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 06, 2015, 12:22:35 PM »

i actually have a surprisingly high number of close personal friends that are washington husky grads and they to a man or woman all are completely rough ridin' livid about that to this day.  i can confirm that each and everyone one of them has on multiple occasions stated in no uncertain terms that they hate go purple cats univeristy fight on state u so rough ridin' much and that if they ever so much as met a qatz fan they would kidnap and kill it.

But what do they think about that cute li'l softball stadium? :D

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 06, 2015, 12:25:56 PM »
they're pretty happy with it.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 06, 2015, 01:12:00 PM »
I wish our SEZ looked like theirs. a small section of seats above the existing concourse (or a party deck) with permanent concessions and bathrooms behind it. The most pud thing about BSFS is the tents in the SEZ.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 06, 2015, 01:34:19 PM »
I wish our SEZ looked like theirs. a small section of seats above the existing concourse (or a party deck) with permanent concessions and bathrooms behind it. The most pud thing about BSFS is the tents in the SEZ.

It's the metal bleachers and it's not even close.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 06, 2015, 01:36:37 PM »

It's the metal bleachers and it's not even close.
I was under the impression they were coming out after nez was done.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 06, 2015, 01:47:34 PM »

irl lol'd

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 06, 2015, 04:35:22 PM »
Are all the photo links broken for everyone else? :frown:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: May 06, 2015, 04:41:08 PM »
just for yard dog.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 06, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »
hey skin ben, did you like my Tuiasosopo post, like even a lil bit?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 06, 2015, 04:58:20 PM »
just for yard dog.

Turns out my company IT blocks photobucket. Buncha commies over here.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 06, 2015, 07:57:53 PM »
the toint need outfield bleachers like that, really great
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 06, 2015, 09:10:27 PM »

Hey meow meow? Can I be honest?

irl lol'd.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 07, 2015, 07:19:33 AM »
if i'm being honest, this is my favorite thread on gE.c.  SB should consider going on a journey to every P5 stadium and writing up a review of it.  i'd pay good money for that book.  great job again, SB.

i'm surprised you didn't comment on how the press box interacts with the overhang -- at least I think that's the pressbox.  anyhow, those seats to the sides of whatever that is just at the base of the overhang are pretty lousy.  not michigan lousy, but still not good.

also, those speakers on the overhang are pretty impressive.  bet it gets really loud.

re. your point about tall upper decks, i was always struck by how tall A&M's endzones were.  Udub's may be taller though.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 07, 2015, 08:09:44 AM »

Hey meow meow? Can I be honest?

irl lol'd.

:D

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #997 on: May 07, 2015, 08:24:18 AM »
if i'm being honest, this is my favorite thread on gE.c.  SB should consider going on a journey to every P5 stadium and writing up a review of it.  i'd pay good money for that book.  great job again, SB.

i'm surprised you didn't comment on how the press box interacts with the overhang -- at least I think that's the pressbox.  anyhow, those seats to the sides of whatever that is just at the base of the overhang are pretty lousy.  not michigan lousy, but still not good.

also, those speakers on the overhang are pretty impressive.  bet it gets really loud.

re. your point about tall upper decks, i was always struck by how tall A&M's endzones were.  Udub's may be taller though.

KF is tall on all four sides now. Makes me wish I could find $480mil laying around.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 07, 2015, 08:26:26 AM »
lol at them leaving empty seats in the rendering (upper right hand corner of the far endzone upper deck)

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #999 on: May 07, 2015, 08:28:40 AM »
lol at them leaving empty seats in the rendering (upper right hand corner of the far endzone upper deck)

Thats an actual photo.