Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438349 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #675 on: August 03, 2014, 01:46:40 PM »
Oh I remember, Cartierfor3. I remember. And you're right, you've got to.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 03, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »
I like Akron's old stadium a lot more.  A lot more.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 03, 2014, 02:01:14 PM »
I like Akron's old stadium a lot more.  A lot more.

Me too. Seems they could have upgraded the press box and closed the bowl for the price of that new stadium.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 03, 2014, 02:28:02 PM »
Yeah you gotta remember, that stadium used to host the NFL Cardinals and the Fiesta Bowl, and now totally doesn't, so it makes sense to reduce capacity

It's not the capacity issue. ASU is scheduled to spend 300 million on renovations that reduce the capacity down to around 65,000. This was on top of that. And the wedge that State Farm is taking out looks really weird when you drive past it. Imagine someone just took a slice right out of the middle of the WSC.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 03, 2014, 02:43:31 PM »
We should have state farm move from Seth childs to our future missing wedge and give us obscene amounts of money
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 03, 2014, 08:32:35 PM »
Guys, Akron deserves something nice and shiny. They've put up with a lot.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 03, 2014, 10:55:29 PM »
Wait wtf? Someone's renovating the Rubber Bowl for a "pro football team"? This can't miss.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_Bowl

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 03, 2014, 11:52:24 PM »
Wait wtf? Someone's renovating the Rubber Bowl for a "pro football team"? This can't miss.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_Bowl
It fell through...

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 04, 2014, 07:03:24 AM »
T-y. Didn't read that closely. But when I did, holy whoa. They sold it in 2013 for $38,000. And the lights? Well they're as non-elite as they come. They're on the field, not behind the stands. :frown:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 04, 2014, 10:20:16 AM »
The general trend is for nicer stadiums, not necessarily bigger stadiums.

Of course Cult Aggie is one of the exceptions, but I feel comfortable in saying that they're building 10-20,000 regularly empty seats.   

I don't expect BSFS to ever be over 55K, but I do expect there to be another upscale seating area at some point in time, possibly tied to reno's of Bramlage.

OU isn't going to add that many seats in their next round, but the stadium is going to be really nice.

We are in era of less seats more amenities.    With HDTV and the quality of broadcasts these days, if you want to fill your stadium you have to provide higher end services to all.   Otherwise people are just going to stay at home.   Our previous athletic director listened to the idiocy of "devaluing the product" while charging full rates to entire groups of people receiving well below average in stadium services.   Thus, we chronically had 3-4,000 empty seats except for the biggest games.    Our new guy recognized that, and has and is taking the right steps.   This is why I am less concerned about a substantial drop in attendance should on field success drop some.   The AV experience is going to be dramatically improved in the next year, accessibility to in stadium services has and is being dramatically improved.   

Does anyone know if K-State awarded a DAS (Distributed Antenna System) contract which was supposed to have the first phase be implementation in BSFS and Bramlage?

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 04, 2014, 10:22:28 AM »
T-y. Didn't read that closely. But when I did, holy whoa. They sold it in 2013 for $38,000. And the lights? Well they're as non-elite as they come. They're on the field, not behind the stands. :frown:

I would totally buy that for $38,000.  I'd turn the press-box into a pretty legit home.  Every night before going to bed, I would re-enact the 2005 "Battle for the Wagon Wheel" against Kent State, which propelled the Zips to the MAC Championship Game.  I'd also conjure up the spirit of John Heisman and ask his ideas on Dickey, Bishop, Sproles and Klein.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 04, 2014, 10:46:03 AM »

Of course Cult Aggie is one of the exceptions, but I feel comfortable in saying that they're building 10-20,000 regularly empty seats.   

I don't expect BSFS to ever be over 55K, but I do expect there to be another upscale seating area at some point in time, possibly tied to reno's of Bramlage.

OU isn't going to add that many seats in their next round, but the stadium is going to be really nice.

We are in era of less seats more amenities.    With HDTV and the quality of broadcasts these days, if you want to fill your stadium you have to provide higher end services to all.   Otherwise people are just going to stay at home.   Our previous athletic director listened to the idiocy of "devaluing the product" while charging full rates to entire groups of people receiving well below average in stadium services.   Thus, we chronically had 3-4,000 empty seats except for the biggest games.    Our new guy recognized that, and has and is taking the right steps.   This is why I am less concerned about a substantial drop in attendance should on field success drop some.   The AV experience is going to be dramatically improved in the next year, accessibility to in stadium services has and is being dramatically improved.   

Does anyone know if K-State awarded a DAS (Distributed Antenna System) contract which was supposed to have the first phase be implementation in BSFS and Bramlage?

..................And that basketball arena, whoa! Looks like a pretty fun place to see a game.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:18:43 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 04, 2014, 01:37:12 PM »

The DAS should be implemented in time for this coming season, was the word I heard...

:ksu:

Offline MouseRat

• Mall Santa/Amateur Surgeon
  • Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • Pound £*#%ing sand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 05, 2014, 09:35:54 AM »

The DAS should be implemented in time for this coming season, was the word I heard...

:ksu:

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you there.  I heard it was only for Bramlage this year so that they could "test" the system with a smaller capacity to work out all the kinks.  BSFS won't get it until late spring/early summer 2015.
I’ve started to kind of hate people, and it’s not because I have anything against them. It’s just, I enjoy it. It’s recreation.
-Louis C.K.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 05, 2014, 11:14:51 PM »
guys this thread is for PUD stadiums, not stud oods.

Offline McNeese72

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: August 06, 2014, 04:06:03 PM »
Daniel's new "home".   You guys can laugh and make derisive remarks now.

cowboystadiumpanorama by mcneese72, on Flickr

Cowboy_Stadium_July_2014-31 by mcneese72, on Flickr

Doc

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 06, 2014, 04:08:04 PM »
Your press box is nicer than Iowa State's.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 06, 2014, 04:09:14 PM »
Paint is fresher than KU's stadium.  :thumbs:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 06, 2014, 04:11:15 PM »
Their Harley track is really narrow and paved with concrete.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 06, 2014, 04:15:42 PM »
Who sits in the small bleachers?  Band?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 06, 2014, 04:20:09 PM »
hedges similar to Sanford.  :love:

Offline MouseRat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • Pound £*#%ing sand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 06, 2014, 04:23:13 PM »
That setting tho
I’ve started to kind of hate people, and it’s not because I have anything against them. It’s just, I enjoy it. It’s recreation.
-Louis C.K.

Offline McNeese72

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 06, 2014, 04:32:42 PM »
Who sits in the small bleachers?  Band?

Yes, the Band even though they dislike it.   

Doc

Offline McNeese72

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 06, 2014, 04:37:48 PM »

The little hedges on the right of the first photo surround the pump that pumps the water out of the drainage area under the edges of the field.   There is a reason why the Cowboy Stadium's nickname is "The Hole".

Okay, where are the derogatory remarks.   I expect more from you guys.

By the way, you guys are a lot more fun than what I have found on the Nebraska messageboards so far.   A lot of too serious folks there.   ;)

Doc

Offline MouseRat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • Pound £*#%ing sand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 06, 2014, 04:42:27 PM »

The little hedges on the right of the first photo surround the pump that pumps the water out of the drainage area under the edges of the field.   There is a reason why the Cowboy Stadium's nickname is "The Hole".

Okay, where are the derogatory remarks.   I expect more from you guys.

By the way, you guys are a lot more fun than what I have found on the Nebraska messageboards so far.   A lot of too serious folks there.   ;)

Doc
I hope "The Hole" you speak of is more pleasant than Derricot's ex GF's hole.
-Louis C.K.