Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438494 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #650 on: June 20, 2014, 01:42:55 PM »
SB can we also dig a little deeper into this neighbor issue? I mean, my dream basically forever since I was born was to have a house next to a stadium, like in Wrigleyville. Who wouldn't want that? And we're talking what, 7 home games a year? Probably only 3 of them will be night games? Some people ya know?

i would be more pissed at the 11am games than the night games.  let me sleep assholes!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 20, 2014, 02:14:23 PM »
They're rich snobs, CF3. It's basically Ward Parkway of New Orleans and it backs up right to their backyards and they're not happy. But it's like, HEY. You bought a house that already backs up to a college campus, I mean what did you expect? Gtfooh. They even griped at City Hall meetings to the point that they strong-armed the negotiations so that, in order to have it built, they can ONLY have Tulane football games there. No soccer games ever!!! No monster truck rallies!!! And don't you rough ridin' dare even dream of having a concert there!!!!!!!!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 20, 2014, 03:18:00 PM »
They're rich snobs, CF3. It's basically Ward Parkway of New Orleans and it backs up right to their backyards and they're not happy. But it's like, HEY. You bought a house that already backs up to a college campus, I mean what did you expect? Gtfooh. They even griped at City Hall meetings to the point that they strong-armed the negotiations so that, in order to have it built, they can ONLY have Tulane football games there. No soccer games ever!!! No monster truck rallies!!! And don't you rough ridin' dare even dream of having a concert there!!!!!!!!
That's because they knew it would look hideous.If they would have built BSFS in their backyard they would all want to turn their houses around so they could have it in their front yard.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 20, 2014, 03:22:49 PM »
Its like someone not buying in after a 10 game Royals win streak is the best comparo I can make really.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 20, 2014, 03:29:16 PM »

That's because they knew it would look hideous.If they would have built BSFS in their backyard they would all want to turn their houses around so they could have it in their front yard.

Pretty funny post but honestly from the outside doesn't look bad. Did you see my comment about Transformer U.?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 20, 2014, 03:40:10 PM »

Pretty funny post but honestly from the outside doesn't look bad. Did you see my comment about Transformer U.?
That's the hideous part I'm talking about,looks like a movie theater,the rest looks okay for pudsville.And you were really killing it yesterday SB

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #656 on: June 20, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »
Confirmed, yesterday was a 4-taco day for me.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:27:31 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 20, 2014, 04:35:54 PM »
Yulman Stadium? 
Yul love it!!!

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 21, 2014, 12:04:10 AM »
As recently as 1983, Ga Tech's stadium still had a track and the endzone was in the shape of a horseshoe. There is still hope for KU yet.

Based on today's news, I have no choice but to conclude that I have finally mastered the ability to see the future. You may all bow down now.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 21, 2014, 12:33:11 AM »
I'm guessing the duct work is for trash, scrap, etc removal during the construction and won't be there forevs.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: June 21, 2014, 09:13:07 AM »

I'm guessing the duct work is for trash, scrap, etc removal during the construction and won't be there forevs.

Oh man. I would love to throw a bunch of big trash down that chute thingy and listen to it until it hit the dumpster.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 21, 2014, 09:22:27 AM »

Oh man. I would love to throw a bunch of big trash down that chute thingy and listen to it until it hit the dumpster.
on the final day I would slide down wheeeee

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 21, 2014, 10:23:14 AM »
tdaver (+ 1 Hidden) and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

:bwpopcorn:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 25, 2014, 03:32:36 PM »
not sure if this goes in with the puds or not, but here's OU's new NEZFZ to enclose their stadium.

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 25, 2014, 06:16:41 PM »
not sure if this goes in with the puds or not, but here's OU's new NEZFZ to enclose their stadium.

So are they getting rid of the huge upper deck on the pressbox side and replacing it with two smaller decks?  If that is the case, their total capacity might not change too much even after they enclose the two open corners.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 25, 2014, 07:01:02 PM »

So are they getting rid of the huge upper deck on the pressbox side and replacing it with two smaller decks?  If that is the case, their total capacity might not change too much even after they enclose the two open corners.

Looks like they'll be losing a bit off the top of the endzone bleachers, too.

Offline LandThieves

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • Ten Yards At A Time
« Reply #666 on: June 28, 2014, 06:10:08 PM »
Yea capacity isn't changing. Losing some height and seats off the SEZ and losing some seats from adding chairbacks to certain sections. The new Suites will keep capacity the same.

www.gfmos.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0etV7zCi58

There's going to be a jumbotron running the partial length of the wall thats comparable in size to most stadiums jumbotrons. The new jumbotron in the SEZ, that was added in 2008 is getting replaced. The new SEZ tron will be the biggest in college football when built.

:emawkid:

:Woot:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 28, 2014, 06:17:56 PM »
this thread is for pud stadiums

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 28, 2014, 09:20:50 PM »
can't spell pud without ou.
titletown..lulz

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 02, 2014, 11:28:46 PM »
Did you guys know Akron has had a new stade since 2009? I didn't.  :Wha:

Copy and paste isn't working for me for some ridiculous reason so just google InfoCision Stadium (lol).

Oh and while you're at it, just go ahead and google their old place too, the Rubber Bowl (double lol).

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 02, 2014, 11:30:46 PM »
 :)

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 02, 2014, 11:53:44 PM »
I think this qualifies now:

I was just out in Tempe and was told by a buddy out there that State Farm has paid Arizona State an obscene amount of money to have them open the bowl on Sun Devil Stadium so that there is a clear view of the field from their new regional headquarters that they are building across the street. They are losing about 6000 seats for this.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 03, 2014, 12:01:44 AM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 03, 2014, 10:06:17 AM »
I think this qualifies now:

I was just out in Tempe and was told by a buddy out there that State Farm has paid Arizona State an obscene amount of money to have them open the bowl on Sun Devil Stadium so that there is a clear view of the field from their new regional headquarters that they are building across the street. They are losing about 6000 seats for this.

Well they never really needed that many in the first place, so I'm okay with it I guess. As long as it still has permanent bleachers on all four sides and at least one upper deck, it will still be big timey.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 03, 2014, 11:51:26 AM »
Yeah you gotta remember, that stadium used to host the NFL Cardinals and the Fiesta Bowl, and now totally doesn't, so it makes sense to reduce capacity