Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438598 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #2600 on: January 10, 2023, 08:26:37 AM »
Their football stadium is simply named Arizona Stadium :zzz: it's right outside the McHale Center but it was locked up like Ft. Knox. In some places they had double gates with locks and key card entry, so no good photos here, just external shots.
Their practice facility is right outside the stadium similar to ours, the difference is there is a small street separating the stadium from the practice facility. There must be a tunnel from the locker rooms to the facility because the ground level is above the field, they have some nice windows on it but they are frosted.

The stadium is pretty unremarkable from the exterior, it's old as crap so no good exterior photo ops like we have with the castle and Vanier, it's just a crap ton of concrete.

Student section entrance

No setting at all, the arena and stadium are on the edge of campus. The campus was pretty blah. They had one building called Old Main that was pretty neat, other than that, meh. Their bar district is on the other end of campus from the stadiums and it was pretty decent for a Thursday night at the end of the semester. They have a trolley system, jealous.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 08:31:35 AM by MakeItRain »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: January 10, 2023, 08:46:38 AM »
MIR! Hell yes! These pics are why I pay for premium. I always like that stadium because I think it's got a cool design on the inside -- sweet spot between simplistic (classic) and complex, and because it's the home of the 1993 Copper Bowl. Will always love it for that, concrete or not.

Super weird that about the concourses in the HuupCatz arena. Wtf? Do they not realize how much money they're leaving on the table? Is it possible there was some grand entrance you missed, or something? Indiana's Assembly Hall is kind of that way: lots of narrow hallways that are just athletic offices, but they also have some big grand entrances behind what would be midcourt for the T-shirt shops, concessions, trophy cases, etc.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: January 10, 2023, 09:21:42 AM »
SkiBe i'm curious, what is your idyllic basketball stade layout? Like if we can just forget about physics or logistics, what would that look like? And i'm not coming at this from a "being critical of you" standpoint, like i just want a ticket to go on this ride

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: January 10, 2023, 09:23:41 AM »
MIR! Hell yes! These pics are why I pay for premium. I always like that stadium because I think it's got a cool design on the inside -- sweet spot between simplistic (classic) and complex, and because it's the home of the 1993 Copper Bowl. Will always love it for that, concrete or not.

Super weird that about the concourses in the HuupCatz arena. Wtf? Do they not realize how much money they're leaving on the table? Is it possible there was some grand entrance you missed, or something? Indiana's Assembly Hall is kind of that way: lots of narrow hallways that are just athletic offices, but they also have some big grand entrances behind what would be midcourt for the T-shirt shops, concessions, trophy cases, etc.
I walked the whole damn thing, now I didn't go into each of the concession areas, I just the two bigger ones at mid court. There is a smaller one visable from the second seating bowl picture, where it says "Arizona Wildcats" on the right side of the photo, didn't go in there but they may sell gear in that area.

I want to go to Assembly Hall, badly. It's the only college basketball mecca I haven't seen.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: January 10, 2023, 09:50:04 AM »
Go do it MIR - It's certainly a unique place.  Incredibly steep inside.  Although the last time I was there - about 4 years ago for a graduation - it was getting dingy and in need of freshening up inside.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: January 10, 2023, 10:37:23 AM »
The Arizona font looks very Trajan to me

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: January 10, 2023, 10:38:38 AM »
If we could make Bramlage similar to Mchale (with about 60% of their capacity?), I'd be happier than a puppy with two peters.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: January 10, 2023, 02:26:17 PM »
A major priority of a Bramlage reno has to be bringing the baseline bleachers closer to the court. That gulf is so big that we may as well have a track around it. It’s embarrassing.

No idea what's realistic, but some of reno grumblings had them making it split level 360 degrees around Bram, with multi-level entrance on the west side only. Would think if there's a way to split the seating about halfway up, it would push the lower section much closer to the floor.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: January 10, 2023, 03:26:19 PM »
I thought we talked earlier ITT it'll be like Houston's update, which I'm fine with. Would be ok with the tier thing, since that seems done, I think the biggest will be getting rid of the bajillion aisles bramlage has and getting those bucket seats in. Anything else is gravy
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: January 10, 2023, 04:04:30 PM »
I thought we talked earlier ITT it'll be like Houston's update, which I'm fine with. Would be ok with the tier thing, since that seems done, I think the biggest will be getting rid of the bajillion aisles bramlage has and getting those bucket seats in. Anything else is gravy

I believe the rumors had that as the plan for just the west side, blowing it out and making a club level/having multiple level entrance on that side. While similar to that one side of the Fertitta Center, I don't think it's been said the entire arena would be similar to their renovation.

Offline LesterFreamon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: January 11, 2023, 11:43:44 AM »
:Woot:
With volleyball getting their own arena, I would assume we’re 100% committed to basketball being in Bramlage and a renovation happening there at some point.

So I have to be that cheese dick that says it, but there has got to be a way to build a field house type roof on Bramlage during a significant renovation, right? Basically a full rebuild on site.

Look, I know it’ll probably never happen, but seeing those renderings and what Baylor is building has me Jonesin

Ferrell and Moody were both straight garbage.  Bramlage is too new and un-garbage.  Maybe not gorgeous, but def not old and garbage.

Moody? Assuming you meant Erwin was garbage.

Ferrell is the exact same age as Bramlage and they’re building a new arena…..

Correct, I did mean Erwin.  Is Bramlage not a far better design and in far better shape than Ferrell though? 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: January 11, 2023, 01:51:08 PM »
:Woot:
With volleyball getting their own arena, I would assume we’re 100% committed to basketball being in Bramlage and a renovation happening there at some point.

So I have to be that cheese dick that says it, but there has got to be a way to build a field house type roof on Bramlage during a significant renovation, right? Basically a full rebuild on site.

Look, I know it’ll probably never happen, but seeing those renderings and what Baylor is building has me Jonesin

Ferrell and Moody were both straight garbage.  Bramlage is too new and un-garbage.  Maybe not gorgeous, but def not old and garbage.

Moody? Assuming you meant Erwin was garbage.

Ferrell is the exact same age as Bramlage and they’re building a new arena…..

Correct, I did mean Erwin.  Is Bramlage not a far better design and in far better shape than Ferrell though?

I don't really know anything about the place, especially design. I assume Chip and Joanne have went through and painted everything white and added shiplap to it, though.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: January 13, 2023, 11:14:59 AM »
Another baseball stadium making their upper deck a social/bar area.

https://twitter.com/mlbcathedrals/status/1613910185944178689

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: January 13, 2023, 11:21:06 AM »
A good primer for the future of the upper deck of LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: January 13, 2023, 12:23:17 PM »
A good primer for the future of the upper deck of LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium.
I am hoping that they do something like this eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: January 18, 2023, 12:20:52 AM »
ummmmmmmmmmmmm

WHAT THE eff IS GOING ON WITH PURDUE'S 7 YEARS AGO LIGHTS

« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 03:31:20 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: January 18, 2023, 09:07:25 PM »
Looks bad and cheap.  :Yuck:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: January 18, 2023, 09:23:36 PM »
They’ve also released about 25 different versions of what the open end of their stadium project will/could/might look like.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: January 19, 2023, 01:32:12 PM »
New?

I suppose if new was 7 years ago.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: January 19, 2023, 01:43:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were the first school to do that flashing light show thing. I think the first time I saw it was when they beat Ohio State during the Tyler Trent game in 2018.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: January 19, 2023, 02:21:37 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were the first school to do that flashing light show thing. I think the first time I saw it was when they beat Ohio State during the Tyler Trent game in 2018.
The NCAA needs to ban that crap. OU doing it during timeouts is rough ridin' ridiculous.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: January 19, 2023, 02:56:49 PM »
The NCAA needs to ban that crap. OU doing it during timeouts is rough ridin' ridiculous.

The Big 12 has been handling it by making OU kick off every week at 11 am. The SEC should take notes.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: January 19, 2023, 05:21:07 PM »
New?

I suppose if new was 7 years ago.

Who said anything about new?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: January 20, 2023, 01:25:11 PM »

There’s a lot going on in the design of the end zone/corner bleachers! Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: January 20, 2023, 02:11:21 PM »
look at that adorable video board. nothing like looking at a 13 inch TV to see a replay of the possible PI call