Author Topic: U-verse  (Read 35206 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: U-verse
« Reply #325 on: July 13, 2015, 12:47:09 AM »
So, does U-verse suck or not?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #326 on: July 13, 2015, 01:46:35 AM »
I guess it depends.

I had Time Warner, so anything that's not Time Warner is immeasurably better.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 13, 2015, 05:50:49 AM »

Usually it's great. I have never personally talked to an IRL friend that has had a poor experience. Everyone is going to have a shitty cable/internet experience at some point though. Just don't go with the obviously horrible companies like TWC and Comcast and you should be fine. ATT customer service is actually very accommodating as well. You just have to let the person on the phone know that you want to speak to a higher up, because you know that the peon you're talking to has no authority to do anything. They are good about transferring you to somebody who can solve your problem.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

The Big Train

« Reply #328 on: July 13, 2015, 10:06:00 AM »
spracs is really starting to paint a pretty clear picture of himself.  sad.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 13, 2015, 10:07:36 AM »
i am ok with uverse. i have alot of cox bitterness so it makes me feel good for now to support the competition, even it if is giant evil att

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 13, 2015, 10:10:21 AM »

Usually it's great. I have never personally talked to an IRL friend that has had a poor experience. Everyone is going to have a shitty cable/internet experience at some point though. Just don't go with the obviously horrible companies like TWC and Comcast and you should be fine. ATT customer service is actually very accommodating as well. You just have to let the person on the phone know that you want to speak to a higher up, because you know that the peon you're talking to has no authority to do anything. They are good about transferring you to somebody who can solve your problem.
Re: customer service, that us immediately what I did w them.  I spoke to a bunch of managers and still ended up where I did. 

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 13, 2015, 10:36:40 AM »

Re: customer service, that us immediately what I did w them.  I spoke to a bunch of managers and still ended up where I did. 

The two times I called them I received a sixty-some dollar discount on my contract each time. Maybe you're just bad at talking on the phone?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 13, 2015, 11:14:39 AM »
I can't believe I'm letting myself get trolled by rough ridin' tbt  :curse:

The Big Train

« Reply #333 on: July 13, 2015, 11:23:17 AM »
you need to quit deleting your posts  :D

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 13, 2015, 11:36:29 AM »
you need to quit deleting your posts  :D

You need to start deleting yours  :block:

Uverse sucks, but you might get lucky.  Proceed at your own risk.  Be aware that they use fiber to the node and then copper wiring for "last mile."  This means they are usually using the existing wiring in your house/apartment, which can be a bad thing, depending.  Distance from the node can also affect your experience.  I suppose some areas now have an all fiber network (?). Another big deal breaker for me was that, unlike TWC, you can't swap out faulty equipment at the nearest office.  I don't know if it's like that everywhere, but for me, I had to wait for a new modem to be shipped to me, and they did not offer expedited shipping.  Happened 2 or 3 times in 5 months.  The last time, someone forgot to finish setting up the shipment, so I called back 4 days later only to find out that I had to wait another 4 days.  In terms of boner killers, this one was huge. 

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 13, 2015, 11:46:29 AM »
I actually had a great experience with att service. I had tweeted at time warner complaining about my cable box and pricing and they never replied (of course) but att replied and was like hey bro we'll take you. dm'd them my number and they called and I discovered Uverse had recently become available at my house, got a good special and signed up. took 10 minutes of my time and was installed two days later.
emaw

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 13, 2015, 12:25:22 PM »

The two times I called them I received a sixty-some dollar discount on my contract each time. Maybe you're just bad at talking on the phone?

Nope.  I am an elite phone communicator.  Friendly to firm as needed, and fluidly.  If you read my issues, I was looking for more than they had the authority to give me, even though it was promised by the sales guy.  I ended up getting every promotion available(for new and existing customers) as well as a manual $40 something from some manager, all just to hit the promised price.  The did eventually get me down to the promised price, but the regularity of outage was enough for them to lose my biz. 

The last tech told me that their network backbone was mislabeled and was horribly organized.  He told me that the outages were common and that the techs were simply finding a cable they knew worked, disconnecting it from whoever it served, and plugging it into the person they had to get up and running today, leaving the person they just disconnected for tomorrow. 

That is who you are working with when you choose Uverse.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #337 on: July 13, 2015, 01:51:59 PM »

The last tech told me that their network backbone was mislabeled and was horribly organized.  He told me that the outages were common and that the techs were simply finding a cable they knew worked, disconnecting it from whoever it served, and plugging it into the person they had to get up and running today, leaving the person they just disconnected for tomorrow. 

Sounds like that tech just needs to STFU and get back to putting ends on cables and leave this "network backbone" work to the big boys. 

The Big Train

« Reply #338 on: July 13, 2015, 02:31:11 PM »
kick his ass hatingfrancis!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 13, 2015, 02:39:14 PM »

Sounds like that tech just needs to STFU and get back to putting ends on cables and leave this "network backbone" work to the big boys.

ATT must not have big boys(whatevs that means).   :dunno:

Oh, I forgot earlier, but their fuckface contractor came unannounced one day to install a new wire from the pole.  Luckily I hadn't left for work yet.  I showed them where the invisible dog fence is, they took note.  I came home, there was no sign of them trying to hand dig up or locate the invisible fence, just a trench right through the area.  They cut it.  I reported them to ATT and told them they need to fix it. ATT outsources repair services to some claims company.  The claims company has some discovery process and I was told that it would take weeks just to get someone to examine the sitch.  I hired a guy to repair it on my own, then stuck ATT for the cost in my bill.  They accepted that and we all moved on.  something like 5 months later, I received a letter from the outsource repair company telling me that they found that the cable was their fault and that they would have someone fix it, and they gave me a number to call to coordinate three bids from approved contractors.  ATT never told them that we resolved it already.  They didn't know.

So, that is also who you are working with.  Someone who is perfectly comfortable damaging your crap, then leaving it damaged for months(in their minds, not knowing I fixed it on my own), even though you told them that it is a fence system that secures your pets. 

ATT should be shot in the face by Spracne during his kickball scenario.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 13, 2015, 10:21:23 PM »
ATT provides really steady and reliable internet and an amazingly good TV product to my house without any major issues, so remember, that's who you're dealing with
emaw

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 13, 2015, 10:53:27 PM »
#branding
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BringBackEcoKat

• Fan
  • The Lady of Winters
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 13, 2015, 11:33:50 PM »
My first 2 months with AT&T they just forgot to send me a bill. So I got a late fee and a restartup fee. I'm convinced it's run by Missourins
'Cause Cats

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 13, 2015, 11:38:53 PM »
My first 2 months with AT&T they just forgot to send me a bill. So I got a late fee and a restartup fee. I'm convinced it's run by Missourins
Just remember, that's who you're dealing with...

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 20, 2015, 01:51:54 PM »
I guess it depends.

I had Time Warner, so anything that's not Time Warner is immeasurably better.

Update:  I'm working from home today to meet the U-Verse install tech.  No one showed up.  I call to complain because the guy is 30 minutes late.  They say no one is coming today, and they're calling dispatch.

Will update when I learn more.  But, apparently, AT&T is awful.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 20, 2015, 01:53:07 PM »
well, that is who you're dealing with...

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 20, 2015, 01:54:15 PM »
well, that is who you're dealing with...

They had been great up until now.  This is really an odd turn.  I've been really satisfied for six years.  Now, I'm about to erupt like Vesuvius.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 20, 2015, 01:54:29 PM »
Their install teams are all subcontracted.  When I had UVerse installed almost 4 years ago, the guys walked all over my carpet with muddy shoes.  I got free carpet cleaning + more out of that ordeal.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 20, 2015, 01:54:55 PM »
I am considering Uverse now, since I learned my new neighborhood has their FTTH network ("Gigapower"). 

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 20, 2015, 01:57:53 PM »
I am considering Uverse now, since I learned my new neighborhood has their FTTH network ("Gigapower").

That's what I'm getting installed.  What a debacle.