Author Topic: College Station  (Read 71756 times)

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: College Station
« Reply #400 on: August 28, 2013, 08:25:53 PM »
The kid should be able to profit from his own name.  The NCAA should recognize this and change the rule.  But nope, instead you get this ridiculous situation, which really makes you wonder if Dez Bryant murdered someone.

disagree....because then it basically becomes a bidding war for top recruits as to which schools can get him "better signing gigs." college athletes need to stop complaining. they are getting free tutition, free room and board, books etc. plus they get to work out with good trainers, get to travel all over the USA for FREE, i'm sure they get to eat like 3 meals a day, they get all the apparel/clothes. I mean hell, worse case scenario is you stay for 4 years, get a degree and dont have to pay a penny of it back all while getting to travel and having a blast being on national tv. Even if you leave early in 1-3 years(depending on the sport) you still dont have to pay any of that back onto your way to making millions. i think college athletes have it pretty damn good as is.

You act like playing major college football is the same thing as having a tough major. It's not; it's a job.  You are going to school and traveling and have a full-time job.  And it makes zero sense that you can handle your business and become a complete stud boss at those things and not profit from it.  There's no argument against it that makes sense to me.  And anyway, recruiting for the top players is already a bidding way; this would just make that more transparent.

everyone acts like these athletes are eating leftovers from a Chinese buffet. your point is dumb because what about those 4-5 year players who arent studs but start 2-3 years? alot of these kids get in trouble having little money so why give them thousands more to spend on booze and drugs? oh and btw Manziel's parents are filthy rich so he doesnt need the money in the first place.
everyone is jealous

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 28, 2013, 08:53:27 PM »
The kid should be able to profit from his own name.  The NCAA should recognize this and change the rule.  But nope, instead you get this ridiculous situation, which really makes you wonder if Dez Bryant murdered someone.

disagree....because then it basically becomes a bidding war for top recruits as to which schools can get him "better signing gigs." college athletes need to stop complaining. they are getting free tutition, free room and board, books etc. plus they get to work out with good trainers, get to travel all over the USA for FREE, i'm sure they get to eat like 3 meals a day, they get all the apparel/clothes. I mean hell, worse case scenario is you stay for 4 years, get a degree and dont have to pay a penny of it back all while getting to travel and having a blast being on national tv. Even if you leave early in 1-3 years(depending on the sport) you still dont have to pay any of that back onto your way to making millions. i think college athletes have it pretty damn good as is.

You act like playing major college football is the same thing as having a tough major. It's not; it's a job.  You are going to school and traveling and have a full-time job.  And it makes zero sense that you can handle your business and become a complete stud boss at those things and not profit from it.  There's no argument against it that makes sense to me.  And anyway, recruiting for the top players is already a bidding way; this would just make that more transparent.

everyone acts like these athletes are eating leftovers from a Chinese buffet. your point is dumb because what about those 4-5 year players who arent studs but start 2-3 years? alot of these kids get in trouble having little money so why give them thousands more to spend on booze and drugs? oh and btw Manziel's parents are filthy rich so he doesnt need the money in the first place.
Timmy you need to read the Manziel family history article.  They are definitely not rich, but may be criminals.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 28, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »

Timmy you need to read the Manziel family history article.  They are definitely not rich, but may be criminals.

pretty sure I read somewhere they had oil money
everyone is jealous

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 28, 2013, 09:29:22 PM »

Real oil money or NDSU oil money?

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 28, 2013, 09:32:17 PM »

I read somewhere that KU was going to win a conference game this season, doesn't make it true.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 28, 2013, 09:41:52 PM »

Life can be a merit system, Tim, and it's not the NCAAs job, my job, or your job to decide who is and who is not responsible enough to reap the benefits of his/her own success and hard work.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 28, 2013, 09:59:46 PM »

I read somewhere that KU was going to win a conference game this season, doesn't make it true.

I read somewhere that MHK was TITLETOWN....doesn't make it true tho
everyone is jealous

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 28, 2013, 10:01:35 PM »
"@GottliebShow: "Should I not have signed 300 autographs 6 times in a room,on video for guys I didn't know? My bad" - Manziel's inadvertent violations"

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 28, 2013, 10:08:30 PM »
"@GottliebShow: "Should I not have signed 300 autographs 6 times in a room,on video for guys I didn't know? My bad" - Manziel's inadvertent violations"

yea he's guilty.
everyone is jealous

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 28, 2013, 10:09:11 PM »
I'm sure he totally volunteered to sit in a room and sign hundreds of autographs for a dealer and received absolutely nothing in return.  I mean, who wouldn't?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 28, 2013, 10:46:12 PM »

Here's the family history article, tim. Give it a read. Great stuff.

http://deadspin.com/the-long-con-how-the-manziels-conquered-america-1040593220

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 28, 2013, 10:49:23 PM »
Sorry not to stay on the Manziel line, but I thought I'd toss this aTm tidbit out there.

Driving in KC the other day and I saw a car with a license plate holder that said "Texas A&M Former Student."

Never say anything like that.  I've seen *Generic School Name* "Student," "Alum," or "Parent," and "Grandparent."  It just seemed weird like "Hey, I went there and flunked out, and now I'm f'n proud!"

Very cultaggie-ish.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 28, 2013, 10:53:40 PM »

Yeah it is a job, and they are getting paid about 25k for tuition, books, room and board, gear, whatever. They are getting paid indirectly and most are leaving college with little to no debt.
@Trogdor_gE

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 31, 2013, 02:19:34 PM »
i love manziel's persona

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 31, 2013, 03:14:45 PM »
Johnny football is great, comes in second half and after throwing his first TD makes the "show me the money" sign with his fingers. <3

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 31, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »
Johnny football is great, comes in second half and after throwing his first TD makes the "show me the money" sign with his fingers. <3
:sdeek:
Holy crap. For some reason I love it...

Also, when did all these new smileys show up!?? And why don't I have my Blue/Gold TSC.  :emawkid:???

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 31, 2013, 03:56:52 PM »

Also, when did all these new smileys show up!?? And why don't I have my Blue/Gold TSC.  :emawkid:???

Congrats on the win cdubya. I hope we get to experience a win next weekend.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 31, 2013, 04:12:42 PM »
I can't wait until aTm plays a good team.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 31, 2013, 04:44:52 PM »

[/quote]

Thanks. Though I really wasn't asking about it because we won. I just like the rotating KU/KSU one.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 01, 2013, 12:44:16 AM »
8 pass attempts for 3 TDs. Johnny really could win the Heisman again.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: September 01, 2013, 12:46:22 AM »

He might deserve it but he won't win it.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 01, 2013, 12:54:05 AM »

He had plenty going against him last year and still won it. I don't think his off the field antics are going to get in his way. Unless Boyd plays all season like he did tonight, because wow.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 01, 2013, 12:58:22 AM »

Last year, he didn't deserve it, but he won it. Won't happen again.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 01, 2013, 01:00:29 AM »

How did he not deserve it last year?

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 01, 2013, 02:55:15 AM »

How did he not deserve it last year?

I would have given the award to Mariota last year.