Author Topic: College Station  (Read 71743 times)

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: College Station
« Reply #375 on: August 15, 2013, 08:21:11 PM »

Truth and justice, two things lacking in Johnny's life right now
@Trogdor_gE

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 28, 2013, 02:25:39 PM »
suspended for first half vs. Rice

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 28, 2013, 02:29:05 PM »
LOL

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 28, 2013, 02:32:36 PM »
The NCAA is a joke.  How they are still in charge baffles me

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 28, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
ppl like Dez Bryant have to completely lose their crap when they hear punishment like this being handed down to others.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 28, 2013, 02:35:58 PM »
so what warranted the one half?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 28, 2013, 02:37:43 PM »
Texas Monthly

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 28, 2013, 02:38:35 PM »

This is why it's a joke.  What could possibly warrant only a half out of everything that was speculated about him.  It should be a major suspension or nothing at all.

Offline Harry Doyle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 28, 2013, 02:42:29 PM »
JFC. What an embarrassment. NCAA has no balls.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 28, 2013, 02:58:51 PM »
 :opcat:  if i've ever seen it

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 28, 2013, 03:00:48 PM »
Couldnt prove it obviously.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 28, 2013, 03:04:20 PM »

So why give any suspension at all?  There had to be something, otherwise Manziel and his all star lawyers wouldn't have agreed to anything.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 28, 2013, 03:05:25 PM »

So why give any suspension at all?  There had to be something, otherwise Manziel and his all star lawyers wouldn't have agreed to anything.

Details aren't clear, but this appears to be an agreement between Texas A&M. One that, as Brett McMurphy puts it, "closes the book" on the NCAA's investigation into whether Manziel accepted money to sign autographs—with the NCAA clearing him of that charge.

Liucci speculates that Manziel's violation could be a minor one, suggesting bylaw 12.5.2.2, which requires players to "take steps to stop" others making money off them "without the student-athlete’s knowledge or permission." So: a plea deal in everyone's best interests. Just don't tell Dez Bryant.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 28, 2013, 03:07:09 PM »

Details aren't clear, but this appears to be an agreement between Texas A&M. One that, as Brett McMurphy puts it, "closes the book" on the NCAA's investigation into whether Manziel accepted money to sign autographs—with the NCAA clearing him of that charge.

Liucci speculates that Manziel's violation could be a minor one, suggesting bylaw 12.5.2.2, which requires players to "take steps to stop" others making money off them "without the student-athlete’s knowledge or permission." So: a plea deal in everyone's best interests. Just don't tell Dez Bryant.

Travis Haney
The 1/2 suspension was lighter than the 1 or 2 games I had heard as possibilities for "you shouldn't have signed that many items" "crime."

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 28, 2013, 03:26:14 PM »
Sooo,

When does the goEMAW store selling qatz sigs open on ebay. Id pay big money if i knew the money was going to the student athlete and/or recruit in question. Wouldn't even care if the merchandise was actually shipped, just take my money and get some studs.

All cash of course.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 28, 2013, 05:18:05 PM »
I love the swift hammer of NCAA justice!
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 28, 2013, 05:34:23 PM »
John rough ridin' Currie should be taking notes and then be very ashamed of himself.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 28, 2013, 06:11:31 PM »
And just when you thought the "penalty" couldn't get more ridiculous: ESPN reports JF will be speaking to his teammates about "lessons learned."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9609389/johnny-manziel-texas-aggies-suspended-1st-half-season-opener-rice-owls

:lol:

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 28, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »
The kid should be able to profit from his own name.  The NCAA should recognize this and change the rule.  But nope, instead you get this ridiculous situation, which really makes you wonder if Dez Bryant murdered someone.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 28, 2013, 07:13:45 PM »
The kid should be able to profit from his own name.  The NCAA should recognize this and change the rule.  But nope, instead you get this ridiculous situation, which really makes you wonder if Dez Bryant murdered someone.

disagree....because then it basically becomes a bidding war for top recruits as to which schools can get him "better signing gigs." college athletes need to stop complaining. they are getting free tutition, free room and board, books etc. plus they get to work out with good trainers, get to travel all over the USA for FREE, i'm sure they get to eat like 3 meals a day, they get all the apparel/clothes. I mean hell, worse case scenario is you stay for 4 years, get a degree and dont have to pay a penny of it back all while getting to travel and having a blast being on national tv. Even if you leave early in 1-3 years(depending on the sport) you still dont have to pay any of that back onto your way to making millions. i think college athletes have it pretty damn good as is.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:21:18 PM by timhawk »
everyone is jealous

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 28, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »
you either have to let them profit off of everything or nothing.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 28, 2013, 07:39:31 PM »

disagree....because then it basically becomes a bidding war for top recruits as to which schools can get him "better signing gigs." college athletes need to stop complaining. they are getting free tutition, free room and board, books etc. plus they get to work out with good trainers, get to travel all over the USA for FREE, i'm sure they get to eat like 3 meals a day, they get all the apparel/clothes. I mean hell, worse case scenario is you stay for 4 years, get a degree and dont have to pay a penny of it back all while getting to travel and having a blast being on national tv. Even if you leave early in 1-3 years(depending on the sport) you still dont have to pay any of that back onto your way to making millions. i think college athletes have it pretty damn good as is.

You act like playing major college football is the same thing as having a tough major. It's not; it's a job.  You are going to school and traveling and have a full-time job.  And it makes zero sense that you can handle your business and become a complete stud boss at those things and not profit from it.  There's no argument against it that makes sense to me.  And anyway, recruiting for the top players is already a bidding way; this would just make that more transparent.

Offline StevieWonderSniperSchool

• Fan
  • just win baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 28, 2013, 08:04:31 PM »
pretty sure i read somewhere that he's being suspended without pay, so there's that.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 28, 2013, 08:12:45 PM »
pretty sure i read somewhere that he's being suspended without pay, so there's that.
:thumbs:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 28, 2013, 08:17:34 PM »
Johnny Autograph?

Johnny Hancock??     

Spitballin' here.