Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 185109 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2200 on: July 23, 2022, 10:40:25 PM »
Ms. WW never completely finishes her plate. There is always some sauce or tiny bits of food left. I'm always "finishing" her plate before doing this dishes. IDK why this bothers me but it does.
You’re upset she doesn’t finish the sauce? Do you have bread with every meal or do you like literally lick the plate clean?

1. I'm not upset. It's a pet peeve.
2. no bread, usually use the utensil to get most of the plate. I have been known to lick the plate when I make a damn good sauce.
3. I realize this is probably a Pet Peeve of hers.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: July 25, 2022, 08:41:36 AM »
Ms. WW never completely finishes her plate. There is always some sauce or tiny bits of food left. I'm always "finishing" her plate before doing this dishes. IDK why this bothers me but it does.
You’re upset she doesn’t finish the sauce? Do you have bread with every meal or do you like literally lick the plate clean?

2. no bread, usually use the utensil to get most of the plate. I have been known to lick the plate when I make a damn good sauce.

I would pay good money to watch you do this in a fancy establishment.  Watching the reaction of your fellow diners would be worth it.   :ROFL:
@mikec2w

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: July 25, 2022, 11:11:29 AM »
Sorry if covered already, itt but what is wrong with people who insist on putting their carryon suitcases in the overhead bin horizontally instead of vertically? There is a sign that explicitly shows how to do it the right way.

Just depends on the birds/bins, my man.
I mean, we've just spent an hour at the gate listening to to airline crew plead with people to check their luggage and folks are like "nope, I won't put by bag into the bin in a way that will increase the number of bags that can go in the bin by 33%."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: July 25, 2022, 11:36:49 AM »
Sorry if covered already, itt but what is wrong with people who insist on putting their carryon suitcases in the overhead bin horizontally instead of vertically? There is a sign that explicitly shows how to do it the right way.

Just depends on the birds/bins, my man.
I mean, we've just spent an hour at the gate listening to to airline crew plead with people to check their luggage and folks are like "nope, I won't put by bag into the bin in a way that will increase the number of bags that can go in the bin by 33%."

oh man this reminds me. i flew back from orlando on friday on swa.  well, I sit in bulkhead of course for the additional leg room and boarded a-list.  my carryon fits swa’s measures but only fits overhead the long way, otherwise the latch on the bin won’t close.  well along comes this geezer, probably pushing 100 years old.  he decides he’s wanting the middle seat in row 2, across the aisle and one back from me. this son of a bitch goes to move my carryon so to make room for his bag and can he barely get it turned because he’s so old (while the flight attendant who had a jamaican accent is yelling to him over the intercom that my luggage needed to be left alone because the bin wasn’t going to close.  he just ignored her, I looked at her and she looked at me and we both lmao at him.  she came and moved it back and put his bag somewhere else. i just continued to lmao. what’s your problem bro, are you addicted to that bin?  finished watching s11 of curb on the flight

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: July 25, 2022, 11:40:20 AM »
hey sandstone outcropping was that you messing with my luggage?  how old are you man, 107?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: July 25, 2022, 11:55:04 AM »
hey sandstone outcropping was that you messing with my luggage?  how old are you man, 107?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:thumbs:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 25, 2022, 12:11:09 PM »
I am now staunchly an anti Bluetooth speaker hiking trail guy.

Oh man. At the zoo this weekend, this dude was jamming explicit rap while just walking around. It was loud as crap too. We saw him twice. The best part was that he was a teenager and both times we saw/heard him, he was just trailing 5-10 feet behind his parents. It was so bizarre. Get some headphones my dude.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: July 25, 2022, 12:11:54 PM »
I felt really old typing that, but it was ridiculous

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: July 25, 2022, 10:46:31 PM »

I would pay good money to watch you do this in a fancy establishment.  Watching the reaction of your fellow diners would be worth it.   :ROFL:

Strictly an at home thing. heh
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: July 30, 2022, 11:46:29 AM »
The mountains of "statistical analysis" of tv ratings comparing the pac 12 and big 12

https://twitter.com/BE_SicEm365/status/1553093618847678471

Like who cares

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: July 30, 2022, 12:06:48 PM »
I mean, obviously you do.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: July 30, 2022, 04:00:17 PM »
JFC, that's a lot of boring info.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: August 10, 2022, 11:27:41 AM »
people who say "but i've slept since then"

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: August 10, 2022, 11:33:46 AM »
Use this in a sentence.... I don't know that I've come across this yet

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: August 10, 2022, 12:10:41 PM »
Use this in a sentence.... I don't know that I've come across this yet

its used when you're discussing a topic that you haven't talked about in a while. Its kind of a way of saying "it's been a while since we last talked about this so my memory isn't sharp" or "a lot has changed or progressed on this topic since we last talked about it and i may not be up to date on the latest and greatest"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: August 10, 2022, 02:56:57 PM »
I've never heard that

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: August 10, 2022, 03:09:04 PM »
BAC are the offenders project managers? Beause I have heard a lot of project managers say that.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: August 10, 2022, 03:38:13 PM »
BAC are the offenders project managers? Beause I have heard a lot of project managers say that.

PMs and lead engineers are heavy offenders. I used to do it from time to time until i realized how much i was getting on my own nerves. I'm also guilty of responding to the question "how's it going?" with "livin' the dream" and i've worked hard to cut that crap out

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: August 10, 2022, 05:22:27 PM »

PMs and lead engineers are heavy offenders. I used to do it from time to time until i realized how much i was getting on my own nerves. I'm also guilty of responding to the question "how's it going?" with "livin' the dream" and i've worked hard to cut that crap out

That's a close relative to the "Workin' hard....or hardly workin'?" one.  Such a classic!

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: August 10, 2022, 05:34:27 PM »

The "livin the dream" used to really bother me, I prefer though the "just another day in paradise" cause it's easier to sound sarcastic with it
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: August 10, 2022, 08:33:24 PM »

The main dude I'm thinking of is big on livin the dream too
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: August 12, 2022, 05:17:44 PM »
Just had my monthly stroke in the grocery store self checkout line. I swear my wife calls ahead to have them funnel people towards them that have no clue how to use them just eff with me. I just watched a guy spend 4 minutes slowly putting in $45 of $1s. No one does that unless they’re purposely rough ridin' with the people waiting behind them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 05:24:36 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: August 12, 2022, 06:09:38 PM »
I just watched a guy spend 4 minutes slowly putting in $45 of $1s. No one does that unless they’re purposely rough ridin' with the people waiting behind them.

lol

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2223 on: August 21, 2022, 06:30:54 AM »
Just had my monthly stroke in the grocery store self checkout line. I swear my wife calls ahead to have them funnel people towards them that have no clue how to use them just eff with me. I just watched a guy spend 4 minutes slowly putting in $45 of $1s. No one does that unless they’re purposely rough ridin' with the people waiting behind them.
Strippers need groceries too!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: August 22, 2022, 06:37:45 PM »