Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 999428 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #12500 on: December 10, 2020, 10:37:56 AM »
I think so.  Money is cheap, the acquisition costs will be rock bottom for such prime real estate and from personal observos, they are absolutely tearing the crap out of the area putting in heavy duty sewer stuff.  New power station over there too

I haven't been there lately but isn't that just Spire tearing the living crap out of everything they can find?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12501 on: December 10, 2020, 10:50:27 AM »
there is literally nothing but surface lots for 6 entire city blocks over there.

all the stupid foot draggers that live in this city would be on board if a certain part-owner of the royals would voice his support for a new downtown ballpark.

WE COULD CALL IT K2 (!)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: December 10, 2020, 11:00:54 AM »
there is literally nothing but surface lots for 6 entire city blocks over there.

all the stupid foot draggers that live in this city would be on board if a certain part-owner of the royals would voice his support for a new downtown ballpark.

WE COULD CALL IT K2 (!)

It's all friendly owners and the Shermantor is a huge downtown ballpark guy.  It's definitely happening there.  Add in Mahomes voice and the "where will I park" weirdos will disappear.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: December 10, 2020, 11:02:22 AM »
I think so.  Money is cheap, the acquisition costs will be rock bottom for such prime real estate and from personal observos, they are absolutely tearing the crap out of the area putting in heavy duty sewer stuff.  New power station over there too

I haven't been there lately but isn't that just Spire tearing the living crap out of everything they can find?

Yeah, that mostly.  There is a lot of sewer work going on as well.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12504 on: December 10, 2020, 11:04:26 AM »

WE COULD CALL IT K2 (!)

Yup.   The owners of those lots and folks with a financial interest in downtown baseball are a pretty small venn diagram.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12505 on: December 10, 2020, 11:15:21 AM »

WE COULD CALL IT K2 (!)

It's all friendly owners and the Shermantor is a huge downtown ballpark guy.  It's definitely happening there.  Add in Mahomes voice and the "where will I park" weirdos will disappear.

i am horned all the way up for a wackycat parking was a shitshow post

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12506 on: December 10, 2020, 11:20:43 AM »

WE COULD CALL IT K2 (!)

He can park on the plaza and ride up with 'clams

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: December 10, 2020, 11:23:18 AM »
Go ahead and break ground on the East Village royals stadium already

:driving: :driving: :driving: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :Woohoo: :Woohoo: :Woohoo:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: December 10, 2020, 11:39:17 AM »
there is a ton of room on the other side of 71 to build the king of all parking garages

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12509 on: December 10, 2020, 03:29:49 PM »
Living in a town with a downtown ballpark and soon with a downtown football stadium.  It's just great.

I simply can't imagine driving out to a stadium that sits in the middle of a vast featureless asphalt parking lot with 20,000 parking spots.  Simply awful in every respect.  I understand that Arrowhead will never move, but the Royals should have been playing downtown decades ago.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12510 on: December 10, 2020, 03:32:27 PM »
Living in a town with a downtown ballpark and soon with a downtown football stadium.  It's just great.

I simply can't imagine driving out to a stadium that sits in the middle of a vast featureless asphalt parking lot with 20,000 parking spots.  Simply awful in every respect.  I understand that Arrowhead will never move, but the Royals should have been playing downtown decades ago.

Agreed Dax.  Now imagine those are pro stadiums!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: December 10, 2020, 03:40:37 PM »

Agreed Dax.  Now imagine those are pro stadiums!

I think you meant major league. 

Regions Field has suites and a club level and all that stuff.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12512 on: December 10, 2020, 03:57:41 PM »
Sounds like the t-bones stadium. Bham and kck, two peas in a pod.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12513 on: December 10, 2020, 04:29:04 PM »
lol. Imagine pounding your chest over your semi pro teams stadiums, in podunk, Alabama.  :lol:

Seriously, where did KC touch Dax? Such a scorned ex lover.  :lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12514 on: December 10, 2020, 04:33:25 PM »

WE COULD CALL IT K2 (!)

This gets my vote

KC should start doing more stuff along the river front. Been to a couple of brew fests along there. I think they're missing out on some opportunities.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12515 on: December 10, 2020, 04:38:21 PM »
Make a little Wrigleyville along the river to the stadium. BOOM! Profit! Street car can go towards there or whatever you wanna do with that thing.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: December 10, 2020, 04:41:02 PM »
Extend the streetcar to OP too. Don't care if it isn't Missouri. Stop being greedy with it, if we're going to have it.  I'm not gonna crush brews and pay for surging Uber rates. We're spending way too much $ trying to have another kid these days. KCMO needs to learn how to share.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12517 on: December 10, 2020, 04:46:36 PM »
Make a little Wrigleyville along the river to the stadium. BOOM! Profit! Street car can go towards there or whatever you wanna do with that thing.

no utilities, infra structure and the parking is pretty cut due to geography

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: December 10, 2020, 04:53:08 PM »
Dang. I love Pittsburgh's setup. Was hoping for something similar.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12519 on: December 10, 2020, 05:14:08 PM »
I say build a platform where the mighty kaw meets the 'zouri and play in both states above the water

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12520 on: December 10, 2020, 05:40:33 PM »
Extend the streetcar to OP too. Don't care if it isn't Missouri. Stop being greedy with it, if we're going to have it.  I'm not gonna crush brews and pay for surging Uber rates. We're spending way too much $ trying to have another kid these days. KCMO needs to learn how to share.
Be happy to have OP join. We can show you how to raise the money.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: January 06, 2021, 12:35:43 PM »
My office moved from Shawnee to North of the river (169 and Vivion) and the north side really reminds me of Topeka. Flannel, camo, and tactical hiking boots everywhere.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12523 on: January 13, 2021, 11:03:10 AM »
this is great

https://cityscenekc.com/ped-bike-bridge-linking-downtown-to-riverfront-to-begin-work-this-year/?fbclid=IwAR2FdZf4OlHAzmXxnKj4oN13m-_aK0dAvZKi9mZz9qiUUUfezslWLfE2r3o

Yeah this is way more exciting than the actual streetcar going down there to me.  The Main street ped bridge is cool but the access to the riverfront park is annoying.  @Wacky saw a dude whacking it in the weeds I think.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12524 on: January 13, 2021, 11:14:09 AM »
this is great

https://cityscenekc.com/ped-bike-bridge-linking-downtown-to-riverfront-to-begin-work-this-year/?fbclid=IwAR2FdZf4OlHAzmXxnKj4oN13m-_aK0dAvZKi9mZz9qiUUUfezslWLfE2r3o

Yeah this is way more exciting than the actual streetcar going down there to me.  The Main street ped bridge is cool but the access to the riverfront park is annoying.  @Wacky saw a dude whacking it in the weeds I think.
More like smashing another homeless person.  :frown: I guess you could say it was all of the above.  :Yuck: