Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1007770 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #9775 on: May 03, 2018, 09:18:26 AM »
It's been thriving without the dumbass choo choo train.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: May 03, 2018, 09:19:33 AM »

They wanted the streetcar to go down Broadway though. You would still Uber in that scenario....the streetcar primary goal is not shuttling Uber taking bar hoppers.
Sure.  It's not supposed to get people to Westport.  But if that's the case, then I understand why Westport bar owners are pissed they're footing the bill for this carnival ride.

They need to go ask the east Crossroads if it's bringing them customers.

I can't take any owner seriously if their world view is no woman walks a quarter mile in any urban area in the country.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: May 03, 2018, 09:23:19 AM »

They wanted the streetcar to go down Broadway though. You would still Uber in that scenario....the streetcar primary goal is not shuttling Uber taking bar hoppers.
Sure.  It's not supposed to get people to Westport.  But if that's the case, then I understand why Westport bar owners are pissed they're footing the bill for this carnival ride.

They need to go ask the east Crossroads if it's bringing them customers.

I can't take any owner seriously if their world view is no woman walks a quarter mile in any urban area in the country.

yeah i thought it was like an obscure parody quote. nope, real

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: May 03, 2018, 09:24:38 AM »
Well as someone who has wanted Westport to be the best it can be, I can't wait for the streetcar to get going and help them bring in more customers, improve safety with more pedestrians on the street, and help their current customers have alternative ways to get to them.

If they are truly worried about costs and charging customers more then they should look to reduce the CID sales tax they impose in everybody.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: May 03, 2018, 09:25:04 AM »
it's a ridiculous quote, but my point still stands. 

i'm not going through the long street car exercise if i can get to westport in 6 minutes for the cost of a drink.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9780 on: May 03, 2018, 09:26:17 AM »
AFAIK you can still uber to the crossroads right?

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: May 03, 2018, 09:29:18 AM »
it's a ridiculous quote, but my point still stands. 

i'm not going through the long street car exercise if i can get to westport in 6 minutes for the cost of a drink.
Understand that. Some will. We see that now in the Crossroads.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: May 03, 2018, 09:29:56 AM »
If you don't own a business, I don't think you should have an opinion on the matter. You have no idea what they all have to go through.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: May 03, 2018, 09:31:20 AM »
I'd be interested in seeing the economic trajectory of the crossroads prior to the $100 million streetcar.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: May 03, 2018, 09:33:12 AM »
The 100 million 1.5 mile magical train.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: May 03, 2018, 09:35:23 AM »
If you don't own a business, I don't think you should have an opinion on the matter. You have no idea what they all have to go through.
Does that go for people living in KS shouldn't worry about what MO is doing with our taxes?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: May 03, 2018, 09:37:09 AM »
MO has taken plenty of my taxes, so I think I deserve my own opinion. Sorry I bought a house on the KS side tho, since MO is hot garbage.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: May 03, 2018, 09:37:10 AM »
I'd be interested in seeing the economic trajectory of the crossroads prior to the $100 million streetcar.
Up but not at a rate as after the streetcar...businesses around it will tell you that as will sales tax data and development data will support their anecdotes and individual sales data.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: May 03, 2018, 09:38:39 AM »
MO has taken plenty of my taxes, so I think I deserve my own opinion. Sorry I bought a house on the KS side tho, since MO is hot garbage.
I couldn't care less where you bought a house...I just want you to be happy.

So these businesses take my money but I shouldn't have an opinion on their impact of our community?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: May 03, 2018, 09:40:41 AM »
Up but not at a rate as after the streetcar...businesses around it will tell you that as will sales tax data and development data will support their anecdotes and individual sales data.
I'm sure the streetcar has helped to some degree, but the crossroads was already gentrifying. 

I think it's disingenuous to look at the crossroads now and say "look what the streetcar did!" 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: May 03, 2018, 09:41:57 AM »
i think it's disingenuous to look at a streetcar and say "well crap now how am i supposed to uber anywhere?"

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: May 03, 2018, 09:44:06 AM »
I'm sure the streetcar has helped to some degree, but the crossroads was already gentrifying. 

I think it's disingenuous to look at the crossroads now and say "look what the streetcar did!"
My comment about crossroads was look at how many people walk from the streetcar stop to East Crossroads bars.

Streetcar has been a positive development for crossroads (based on developer comments) but obviously not the only factor of the neighborhoods success..
Anybody suggesting such isn't well informed and just discovered the crossroads 18 months ago.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: May 03, 2018, 09:46:31 AM »
Around 2025 I can see Westport Rd between main and Broadway growing up bigly and a friendly walk to the anchor of Westport square on the end. Can't wait.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: May 03, 2018, 09:48:29 AM »
i think it's disingenuous to look at a streetcar and say "well crap now how am i supposed to uber anywhere?"
My point is that hardly anyone is going to be taking the streetcar to westport if it lets out at 39th and main. 

Around 2025 I can see Westport Rd between main and Broadway growing up bigly and a friendly walk to the anchor of Westport square on the end. Can't wait.
If we're predicting the future, autonomous cars are going to make the streetcar irrelevant before 2025.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: May 03, 2018, 09:49:44 AM »
It's almost like the crossroads having more to do helped it grow as well.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9795 on: May 03, 2018, 09:50:25 AM »
My point is that hardly anyone is going to be taking the streetcar to westport if it lets out at 39th and main. 

If we're predicting the future, autonomous cars are going to make the streetcar irrelevant before 2025.

That seems awfully optimistic.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: May 03, 2018, 09:52:01 AM »

well as Phil noted, shitloads of people take the streetcar to the crossroads and it's an even farther walk

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: May 03, 2018, 09:52:39 AM »

And evidence right now of this distance in this city shows differently.

Those who won't take it wouldn't have taken it if it dropped off on broadway....

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: May 03, 2018, 09:53:45 AM »

the stagecoach has got to be jazzed to the tits at the prospect

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: May 03, 2018, 09:55:13 AM »

the stagecoach has got to be jazzed to the tits at the prospect
My public transit pub crawl stopped their last year. Girls even walked it.