Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1006793 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #9650 on: April 04, 2018, 12:40:00 PM »
For those who missed the streetcar of death main street extension meeting...here is the data provided.

http://kcstreetcar.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/UpdatedFINAL-MainStExt-PublicMtg1-Boards.pdf

Decisions still being made on which lane of traffic the streetcar will run...looks like mixed traffic south of 31st.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9651 on: April 05, 2018, 05:48:47 PM »
Can someone cliffs the 18th and vine thing for me?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9652 on: April 06, 2018, 02:23:09 PM »
Change name to 18th and wine and the hipsters will flock
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #9653 on: April 09, 2018, 04:38:03 PM »
There's a car chase going on right now by my house and Kietz is doing the pbp of it on the radio right now.  :lol:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9654 on: April 09, 2018, 09:54:41 PM »
Wrong thread

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #9655 on: April 11, 2018, 01:02:05 PM »
Suspect in Brookside attorney killing accidentally taped himself confessing: police
  :Wha:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article208564109.html

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: April 11, 2018, 01:06:49 PM »
Suspect in Brookside attorney killing accidentally taped himself confessing: police
  :Wha:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article208564109.html

But Jungerman accidentally recorded himself saying he killed Pickert within weeks of the shooting, according to a probable cause affidavit supporting the murder charge.

The accidental recording came during a court hearing in Vernon County, according to the documents. It appeared Jungerman never turned off the recorder he had been using.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: April 11, 2018, 01:41:47 PM »
Crazy how long that took. Seemed open shut from day 1.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9658 on: April 11, 2018, 02:59:02 PM »
Yeah I really don't get it.  I had assumed that he had some rock solid, triple checked alibi since he wasn't a suspect.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9659 on: April 11, 2018, 03:00:38 PM »
Dude should have watched the jinx
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9660 on: April 12, 2018, 11:46:19 AM »
Court documents say the single bullet that killed Picket was a .17 caliber round, which is relatively rare. When officials searched Jungerman's white Toyota Sequoia on March 8, 2018  they located an unspent .17 caliber bullet under the passenger seat.

A witness then told investigators that he had a conversation with Jungerman that same month, and during that conversation, Jungerman stated he had killed a lawyer with a gun and gotten away with it. According to court documents, Jungerman said he did it because the lawyer stole his money.

On March 9, 2018, the day after searching Jungerman's SUV, investigators executed a search warrant at his home were they located a recording of the conversation the witness described. Court documents say it contained audio recording of a court hearing in Vernon County, Mo., where Jungerman was charge for a crime. After the hearing, the recording continued to run. Jungerman left the hearing and met up with an unnamed individual. The two drove to Jungerman's property to investigate some deer poachers thought to be hunting there. While there Jungerman stated, "It's a shame I don't have a 17 (inaudible), from a distance, we could take 'em out.'" The conversation between the two continued and Jungerman eventually confessed to murdering Pickert, court documents say.

Court documents say Jungerman threatened Pickert after the verdict in the case was released. Pickert told two people that after the verdict, most of the people left the courtroom except for his client and Jungerman. He said Jungerman approached him in an aggressive manner and said, "None of this matters. I have 186 guns. I did it once before. I will do it again. You can't touch me."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: April 12, 2018, 11:50:16 AM »
soooo....any word on why it took this long to nail this down?  so weird.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9662 on: April 12, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »
soooo....any word on why it took this long to nail this down?  so weird.

no word.  I simply have to assume there is a amazing excuse

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: April 12, 2018, 11:56:33 AM »
i feel like such a dope now.  for the last few months whenever i was talking about this, i'd be like "there's no way it was the old man.  it's so obvious.  if it was the old man, he'd be in jail by now. they're looking for someone else."

but actually it turns out he did do it and he was threatening pickert immediately after the verdict with his guns?  like, huh?  the only reason they got him was because they fell ass backwards into a recorded confession on an unrelated shooting -- a shooting that never would have happened if they'd actually arrested him for the murder he obviously committed in the first place?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9664 on: April 12, 2018, 12:05:21 PM »
i feel like such a dope now.  for the last few months whenever i was talking about this, i'd be like "there's no way it was the old man.  it's so obvious.  if it was the old man, he'd be in jail by now. they're looking for someone else."

but actually it turns out he did do it and he was threatening pickert immediately after the verdict with his guns?  like, huh?  the only reason they got him was because they fell ass backwards into a recorded confession on an unrelated shooting -- a shooting that never would have happened if they'd actually arrested him for the murder he obviously committed in the first place?

ditto.  i assumed he had someone else do it and had a ironclad alibi like he was in court in Jefferson City or on live tv or something that was undisputed.

as it turns out nope.  He basically had bloody fingerprints at the scene

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9665 on: April 12, 2018, 12:06:23 PM »

ditto.  i assumed he had someone else do it and had a ironclad alibi like he was in court in Jefferson City or on live tv or something that was undisputed.

i was guessing his wife had someone do it!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: April 12, 2018, 01:03:15 PM »

jbp knew he had more money than she did and was not going to lose the case

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: April 12, 2018, 01:32:02 PM »
"the lawyer stole his money" what a psychopath

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: April 12, 2018, 03:53:34 PM »

jbp knew he had more money than she did and was not going to lose the case

even too insidery for me

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: April 12, 2018, 05:55:25 PM »
sounds like it just took awhile to find the "smoking gun" evidence....going through bus footage, then finally getting this idiot audio recording.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: April 13, 2018, 01:29:27 PM »
Skip the games and just get sf at all the delish breweries....two new ones just opened (I think strange days is now open...but should be for big 12 at least)

have you tried strange days? their lineup looks p good

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: April 13, 2018, 02:41:06 PM »
Skip the games and just get sf at all the delish breweries....two new ones just opened (I think strange days is now open...but should be for big 12 at least)

Couple weeks ago. Nothing stood out but it was fine beer. Liked all their focus on soccer and opening early.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: April 13, 2018, 07:49:10 PM »

Couple weeks ago. Nothing stood out but it was fine beer. Liked all their focus on soccer and opening early.
Casual Animal is light years ahead of strange days in terms of their beers

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: April 15, 2018, 02:35:47 AM »
casual animal is an irl tobias friend, i assume others here know through kickball circles or whatevs

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: April 15, 2018, 06:01:40 AM »
Most kickball peeps aren't wannabe hipsters like mo cat and Phil. They don't really discuss the newest spot on the street serving water through an old wine bottle.