Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1007896 times)

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #8550 on: October 05, 2017, 04:55:36 PM »
That's like your opinion, man. You didn't live it for 4 years.

i've lived in spitting distance for over 13 years.  I've never not found parking for my guests outside of 2 blocks.
What about during events? Now add a stadium and it will be chaotic. especially when there's more than one thing going on downtown. Convention center, big 12 tournament, etc.

Yes...events....in 13 years I've experienced quite few of those.  If they put the stadium at 8th & Central, yes QH will see parking stresses ....but there are also going to be garages for baseball fans.  It won't be chaotic.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: October 05, 2017, 05:10:03 PM »
When I lived by the quaff and there was an invent going on at the Sprint Center, I could never find a place to park on Washington street or anywhere around there. I have a crap ton of parking tickets as well that I had to pay for because it's only "2 hour parking" during the day and they come around and mark your tires to see how long you've been there. If I took a sick day or just a day off period and forgot my car was parked on a side street, I was mumped. Add 30K to what's already a crap show.
Street parking isn't for long term car storage. There was a garage you could buy a spot for in the alley.
Yeah, I didn't want to pay $75 a month for it tho.

So you just didn't want to live downtown.  That's the norm for living downtown literally everywhere.  I paid that when I worked downtown in Tulsa.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: October 05, 2017, 05:14:11 PM »
In the past 13 years I've stayed at Phil's 150+ nights on various days of the week & I have had to park more than 2 blocks away maybe twice.

That doesn't include the summer I lived with him where I paid around $60/month to park less than 100 feet from his front door every night.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:21:29 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: October 05, 2017, 05:36:21 PM »
Back to KCI....what additional detail / information would help KCMO voters click yes on November 7th? (I'm voting tomorrow absentee!!!)
I think most people want/need to see stats on things like increased number of bathrooms, larger gate areas, number of TSA lines, estimated wait times at peak hours, increased ability to cater to international flights, overall traffic flow, baggage claim areas, pickup/dropoff areas. These all need to be compared to current KCI to show that it truly is a needed upgrade.

The renderings are nice, but most people DGAF about cool ceilings or fountains if the airport doesn't function properly

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: October 05, 2017, 05:45:51 PM »
the city should do a better job marking the 5000 surface lots that we own

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: October 05, 2017, 05:47:30 PM »
or just give them to amazon  :excited:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: October 05, 2017, 06:00:22 PM »

Agreed...but the city doesn't own most of them...businesses do and don't want to share.  Annoying af but at least they are now paying a streetcar tax for thme.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: October 05, 2017, 06:01:14 PM »
Back to KCI....what additional detail / information would help KCMO voters click yes on November 7th? (I'm voting tomorrow absentee!!!)
I think most people want/need to see stats on things like increased number of bathrooms, larger gate areas, number of TSA lines, estimated wait times at peak hours, increased ability to cater to international flights, overall traffic flow, baggage claim areas, pickup/dropoff areas. These all need to be compared to current KCI to show that it truly is a needed upgrade.

The renderings are nice, but most people DGAF about cool ceilings or fountains if the airport doesn't function properly

Agree....sexy pics don't hurt but tell people how their experience will be better.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: October 05, 2017, 06:09:55 PM »
non-'gloids can look at those pictures and figure out pretty easily that their experience will improve drastically

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: October 05, 2017, 06:11:32 PM »

Agreed...but the city doesn't own most of them...businesses do and don't want to share.  Annoying af but at least they are now paying a streetcar tax for thme.

then the city leans in and tells them to open them up at night.  we bend over backwards for our businesses, it's the least they could do.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: October 05, 2017, 06:11:43 PM »
non-'gloids can look at those pictures and figure out pretty easily that their experience will improve drastically

in what way? 

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: October 05, 2017, 06:13:44 PM »

then the city leans in and tells them to open them up at night.  we bend over backwards for our businesses, it's the least they could do.

city did this at 20th & Grand.  worked out some shared parking agreement...not sure how well it worked or how much it's used.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: October 05, 2017, 06:14:44 PM »

in what way?

did you not see the huge community drinking fountain?  No lines for that thing.  Like we only have individual drinking fountains at KCI now.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: October 05, 2017, 06:15:58 PM »
Wackycat08 also once said in this thread that kc has horrible traffic, just putting that out as a reference point

This is an IRL screenshot I took yesterday at 3:30 pm and sent to my friend who bitches about kc traffic like a complete dumbfuck

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: October 05, 2017, 06:28:32 PM »

in what way?

every way

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8565 on: October 05, 2017, 07:52:33 PM »
Wackycat08 also once said in this thread that kc has horrible traffic, just putting that out as a reference point

This is an IRL screenshot I took yesterday at 3:30 pm and sent to my friend who bitches about kc traffic like a complete dumbfuck

Look at you! Miami has nothing on LA.

Online tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: October 06, 2017, 08:43:46 AM »

in what way?

every way

If I have to go through security with the unwashed SW masses, my experience will definitely not improve.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: October 06, 2017, 08:47:28 AM »
 :Yuck:

The Big Train

« Reply #8568 on: October 06, 2017, 08:59:45 AM »
:lol: such divas

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: October 06, 2017, 09:00:47 AM »
Wannabe elitists.  :lol:

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: October 06, 2017, 09:10:58 AM »

in what way?

every way

If I have to go through security with the unwashed SW masses, my experience will definitely not improve.
Precheck for all gates. Mind blowing concept.

Online tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: October 06, 2017, 09:33:22 AM »
Yes, mind blowing.  I've had precheck for years.  Doesn't mean their stumbling and stench won't negatively impact my experience.  Keep them segregated.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: October 06, 2017, 09:44:20 AM »

in what way?

every way

Precheck for all gates. Mind blowing concept.

new design incorporates fewer security checkpoints and you know this.  although the poor delta fliers probably can't afford pre-check, he may be able to smell my deliciousness as i breeze past him.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: October 06, 2017, 09:52:31 AM »
how many actual scanners are there total at kci right now? like 8? they are unevenly divided among the 27 gates that are currently in use, because some checkpoints only serve 2 gates, some serve like 8.

the new design should have at least 8 scanners, but the lines will be evenly divided, so the max line length should be much smaller than when you hit the SW derp rush hour.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: October 06, 2017, 09:55:16 AM »
not sure how many mci has today, LAS SWA term 3 had 2