Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1004888 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #8425 on: September 20, 2017, 01:19:41 PM »
Gotta love Phil and his obsession with this city can do no wrong talk.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: September 20, 2017, 01:22:12 PM »

As I've stated before I've got more than my fair share of beefs with city hall.  Do you have any comments on how the city could have done this better?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: September 20, 2017, 01:23:55 PM »
Not do it at all.  :thumbs: :D

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: September 20, 2017, 01:27:07 PM »

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: September 20, 2017, 01:34:56 PM »

As I've stated before I've got more than my fair share of beefs with city hall.  Do you have any comments on how the city could have done this better?

Follow the tried and true practice of formally issuing an RFQ/RFI (not this, "I challenged the business community to step up" bullshit). Allow enough time for interested parties to put together a proper response and proposal. Task an independent selection committee to make recommendations based on transparent and clear criteria. Select based on qualifications and cost. Educate the voters and public on the reasons why and the mechanisms for achieving it.

Other cities handle this stuff all the time without very many hiccups... why this staff or council is so inept is beyond me.
untuck manhattan

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8430 on: September 20, 2017, 01:42:08 PM »

Follow the tried and true practice of formally issuing an RFQ/RFI (not this, "I challenged the business community to step up" bullshit). Allow enough time for interested parties to put together a proper response and proposal. Task an independent selection committee to make recommendations based on transparent and clear criteria. Select based on qualifications and cost. Educate the voters and public on the reasons why and the mechanisms for achieving it.

Other cities handle this stuff all the time without very many hiccups... why this staff or council is so inept is beyond me.
First point I agree.

Enough time? My memory serves the time given was standard timeframe for an RFP process for the city.

Independent selection committee? Seems the committee or city leaders, staff experts, and airline parties was a good committee? Not sure what an independent committee without knowledge of city requirements would gain.

Did they not select on qualifications and costs?

Educating voter is still to come and time is growing short as b&m throws a fit in public and tries to call in state rep favors.

Lol other cities handling these type of decisions without hiccups.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: September 20, 2017, 01:50:36 PM »
I got curious about what slyin james looks like. Worth it!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: September 20, 2017, 04:20:21 PM »
i've said for a long time that slyin's lack of transparency was completely mumped and am glad it's finally come to bite him and his crew of mini-slyin's on the council in the ass

i guess that's what happens when you try to get over on someone a little smarter than the kcmo voting contingent

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: September 20, 2017, 04:31:55 PM »

First point I agree.

Enough time? My memory serves the time given was standard timeframe for an RFP process for the city.

Independent selection committee? Seems the committee or city leaders, staff experts, and airline parties was a good committee? Not sure what an independent committee without knowledge of city requirements would gain.

Did they not select on qualifications and costs?

Educating voter is still to come and time is growing short as b&m throws a fit in public and tries to call in state rep favors.

Lol other cities handling these type of decisions without hiccups.

and lots fubar it too.    We just participated in one locally where the City has now rejected all the proposals (officially due to lack of competition - even though 3 companies submitted) but really because one of the committee's hunting buddies took his proposal to the wrong office.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: September 20, 2017, 04:33:17 PM »
Is this like KU always saying their going to do a $300 Million renovation to the stadium, but it never happens?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: September 20, 2017, 04:33:53 PM »
I mean who on the council to you consider mini slys? Most seem to not get along with them. Jolie seems to be the closest to a mini sly.

To me it seems this process was dictated to the city by staff to follow the procurement process.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: September 21, 2017, 06:37:14 AM »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: September 21, 2017, 08:56:28 AM »
is this here yet? did i kc scoop u guys?
"selection committee one page summary sheet doesn't match line for line to our 8000 page fluff RFP...the horror....pick us!"

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: September 21, 2017, 09:44:22 AM »
If you want to nerd out there is some serious airport talking going on today on channel 2. Basically the entire process summary.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: September 21, 2017, 09:52:25 AM »
"slyin, what's your contingency plan to address issues at MCI if this new terminal idea falls apart?"

"um, what?"

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: September 21, 2017, 10:00:36 AM »
If the mong voters reject the new airport I'm not sure what contingency could or should be. This is the best option
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: September 21, 2017, 01:21:13 PM »
Passes joint council 7 to 1. Full council needs 9 votes and will be at 3pm today.

Very good presentation done today describing the process and why edgemoor was picked and later questions answered as to why burns and Mac funding plan wouldn't work with city requirements. All the "mess" that people claim has come outnof this process has been produced by proposers and most recently b&m and friends of b&m.

Take a look at presentation here
KCMO.gov/newkci

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: September 21, 2017, 01:29:03 PM »
Passes joint council 7 to 1. Full council needs 9 votes and will be at 3pm today.

Very good presentation done today describing the process and why edgemoor was picked and later questions answered as to why burns and Mac funding plan wouldn't work with city requirements. All the "mess" that people claim has come outnof this process has been produced by proposers and most recently b&m and friends of b&m.

Take a look at presentation here
KCMO.gov/newkci

Looks like crap.  What a mess.

#flyJoCo

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: September 21, 2017, 04:19:37 PM »
Passed 10 to 2.

Vote Yes November 7th KCMO!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: September 21, 2017, 04:35:16 PM »
Not if you wanna pay more taxes!  :shakesfist: :peek:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8445 on: September 21, 2017, 04:37:17 PM »
I can't wait to stuff my face at the exclusive Rick Bayless resteraunt at Amazon International Airport
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: September 21, 2017, 06:25:13 PM »
If the mong voters reject the new airport I'm not sure what contingency could or should be. This is the best option

whether or not it's the best option doesn't matter
if you truly want a better airport experience, and given how unsurprisingly poorly city hall has managed this process, you should be a proponent of slyin having a plan B that he can put into action when plan A inevitably fails

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: September 21, 2017, 06:36:42 PM »
Personally I think the airport should be controlled by a regional authority .  That pulls it away from being a KCMO only problem and gives the region a voice in it's direction.

That's not plan b...that should be the next step after November 7th is approved.

Slys plan b is to let the next mayor handle it if it fails (it won't)...his political capital is done on the topic.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: September 21, 2017, 06:56:32 PM »
what a leader

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: September 24, 2017, 12:52:30 PM »