Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1006708 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Kansas City things
« Reply #8100 on: August 29, 2017, 12:47:49 PM »
If this thing is a slam dunk benefit then it should pass easily, and Phil can stick it to old clams. 

Or, if it doesn't then it's either a bad deal for the people (clams sticks it to old Phil) or the City failed to properly inform the people (clams still sticks it to old Phil).

That's really there is to this.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #8101 on: August 29, 2017, 12:51:38 PM »
Convenient KCI costs us directs once again...

https://twitter.com/JustinMeyerKC/status/902217027678384128?s=09

justin meyer, the unbiased voice of mci

fwiw, swa has invested a lot in lambert, we won't be stealing any of their business no matter how much we spend on a terminal
Sure clams, sure. That's why SWA is the big push behind a new terminal here. Keep that KC spirit going!

why wouldn't they be behind anything that helps increase their revenue when it doesn't cost them a dime?
it's very similar to when sly gave you your free toy choo choo train

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: August 29, 2017, 01:09:11 PM »
Convenient KCI costs us directs once again...

https://twitter.com/JustinMeyerKC/status/902217027678384128?s=09

justin meyer, the unbiased voice of mci

fwiw, swa has invested a lot in lambert, we won't be stealing any of their business no matter how much we spend on a terminal
Sure clams, sure. That's why SWA is the big push behind a new terminal here. Keep that KC spirit going!

why wouldn't they be behind anything that helps increase their revenue when it doesn't cost them a dime?
it's very similar to when sly gave you your free toy choo choo train
That choo choo is far from free for me. I happily pay it for you though clams.

Wait...I thought the airport was going to cost airlines all this money that was going to be passed into me the flier...but now you tell me the airlines are in on it as their revenue is going to skyrocket?  Interesting.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: August 29, 2017, 01:20:06 PM »
If this thing is a slam dunk benefit then it should pass easily, and Phil can stick it to old clams. 

Or, if it doesn't then it's either a bad deal for the people (clams sticks it to old Phil) or the City failed to properly inform the people (clams still sticks it to old Phil).

That's really there is to this.
No gE response...That doesn't excite me at all. This is all about moving KC forward and improving it for me and for everybody.

gE response....November 8th will be a lol fest ITT

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: August 29, 2017, 01:48:16 PM »
Wait...I thought the airport was going to cost airlines all this money that was going to be passed into me the flier...but now you tell me the airlines are in on it as their revenue is going to skyrocket?  Interesting.

the airlines will be lending the residents of kansas city, who make up for the overwhelming customers of mci, whatever the airlines' portion of the costs will be.  and i'm sure the airlines will be covering their cost of capital on that loan, too. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: August 29, 2017, 02:05:52 PM »

the airlines will be lending the residents of kansas city, who make up for the overwhelming customers of mci, whatever the airlines' portion of the costs will be.  and i'm sure the airlines will be covering their cost of capital on that loan, too.
KCMO residents do not make up the majority of fliers.

Lease agreements and landing fees only make up a small portion of airlines cost structure and research has shown new terminals don't raise ticket prices.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: August 29, 2017, 02:09:03 PM »
I'm afraid that in the end the backwards citizens of this city will keep kc the backwards city 'clams hates
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: August 29, 2017, 02:36:02 PM »
is the streetcar still free?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: August 29, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »
Yes. There are no plans to charge downtown. Expansion to plaza still not determined (planning going on right now)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: August 29, 2017, 05:11:00 PM »

Lease agreements and landing fees only make up a small portion of airlines cost structure and research has shown new terminals don't raise ticket prices.

typical slyin' double talk.  i didn't say the residents of kcmo.
you're going to end up in prison with him if you're not careful.  he'll pawn all of this off on his pawns.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: August 29, 2017, 05:20:39 PM »
winning airport proposer announcement delayed a week.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: August 29, 2017, 05:32:52 PM »

typical slyin' double talk.  i didn't say the residents of kcmo.
you're going to end up in prison with him if you're not careful.  he'll pawn all of this off on his pawns.

obv. should have assumed "residents of kansas city" didn't mean the people actually voting for this.  I much prefer how airport funding is done.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: August 29, 2017, 07:20:46 PM »
my point remains the same regardless of if you're stuck sitting under slyin's desk splitting hairs
this will be funded on the backs of the people of kc no matter how many george brett commercials you put out there to try and change (fix) the narrative

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: August 29, 2017, 07:38:15 PM »
my point remains the same regardless of if you're stuck sitting under slyin's desk splitting hairs
this will be funded on the backs of the people of kc no matter how many george brett commercials you put out there to try and change (fix) the narrative
Great point clams. Really on top of this one.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: August 29, 2017, 08:15:58 PM »
i mean, do Sly's Guys actually think anyone believes that the project is privately funded?
kc does have its share of mongloids and i never want to underestimate this town

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8115 on: August 29, 2017, 08:31:57 PM »
No. Nobody is claiming that or should believe that. Great point clams.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: August 30, 2017, 07:32:51 AM »

oh sweet, two great points in a row, ty slyin' titola.
and yeah you guys are claiming that.  hence the concerted effort to trick the public.  you make a great kc sean spicer though, possible Halloween costume idea 4 u. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: August 30, 2017, 08:12:23 AM »

oh sweet, two great points in a row, ty slyin' titola.
and yeah you guys are claiming that.  hence the concerted effort to trick the public.  you make a great kc sean spicer though, possible Halloween costume idea 4 u.
Good morning clams. We still doing this? Maybe take a little break until we hear what proposal was picked.....but to your point.

Plucked from betterkci.org

"If you don't fly, you don't pay."

The effort has been to show the KCMO general fund is not at risk. It's obviously a needed education as people don't grasp how airport financing works...including this blog.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: August 30, 2017, 08:23:34 AM »
obviously people fully understand the financing and that's why sly & co have got their propaganda machine up and running full steam

plucked from betterkci.org

A Better KCI means
Increased access to more destinations no airline will guarantee that
A strong economic driver for regional growth and jobs  immeasurable marketing hype
Improved conveniences and amenities doesn't cost $1b to improve conveniences/amenities
Stronger airport security and modern technology stronger security isn't needed
KC keeps its major league city status for the next generation  lol, did you get hard when you came up with that line?
If you don’t fly, you don’t pay  not exactly true

^this is the best that our city government can come up with to sell the concept to the city who doesn't want this idea.  what's that tell you about the nitwits in charge?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: August 30, 2017, 08:34:27 AM »
responses to clams responses in blue:

obviously people fully understand the financing and that's why sly & co have got their propaganda machine up and running full steam

A Better KCI means
Increased access to more destinations no airline will guarantee that agreed
A strong economic driver for regional growth and jobs  immeasurable marketing hype you don't think building a brand new airport, (followed by staffing more restuarants and shops) will increase jobs?
Improved conveniences and amenities doesn't cost $1b to improve conveniences/amenities there is no room for post-security amenities in the current layout
Stronger airport security and modern technology stronger security isn't needed ok?
KC keeps its major league city status for the next generation  lol, did you get hard when you came up with that line? pretty sure phil wrote that
If you don’t fly, you don’t pay  not exactly true actually it is exactly true

^this is the best that our city government can come up with to sell the concept to the city who doesn't want this idea.  what's that tell you about the nitwits in charge?

imo the post-security amenities is where this thing will get won or lost. even people who don't want a new airport understand that once you get past security, our airport is laughably terrible. not enough room for everyone to sit, not enough bathrooms and/or awkward bathrooms where people are sitting less than a foot outside the smelly men's room, no food whatsover, etc.

and all that can't be fixed without a new terminal design.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: August 30, 2017, 08:46:59 AM »

A Better KCI means
Increased access to more destinations no airline will guarantee that
A strong economic driver for regional growth and jobs  immeasurable marketing hype
Improved conveniences and amenities doesn't cost $1b to improve conveniences/amenities
Stronger airport security and modern technology stronger security isn't needed
KC keeps its major league city status for the next generation  lol, did you get hard when you came up with that line?
If you don’t fly, you don’t pay  not exactly true

I agree the benefit sell package should be better. I expect it to ramp up as the proposer is picked and they add to the mix. Vote is still 2+ months away

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: August 30, 2017, 08:51:40 AM »

A Better KCI means
A strong economic driver for regional growth and jobs  immeasurable marketing hype you don't think building a brand new airport, (followed by staffing more restuarants and shops) will increase jobs? they're talking about bringing new business into kc, not staffing the inevitable airport popeye's register.  and the airport construction jobs, many of which are from out of towners, are temporary, not the type of job you spend a billion dollars trying to attract
Improved conveniences and amenities doesn't cost $1b to improve conveniences/amenities there is no room for post-security amenities in the current layoutfix the bathroom issue
Stronger airport security and modern technology stronger security isn't needed ok?it's not my selling point, it's theirs
KC keeps its major league city status for the next generation  lol, did you get hard when you came up with that line? pretty sure phil wrote thati would be shocked if he didn't
If you don’t fly, you don’t pay  not exactly true actually it is exactly trueactually it's not, anyone close to that airport will be paying

imo the post-security amenities is where this thing will get won or lost. even people who don't want a new airport understand that once you get past security, our airport is laughably terrible. not enough room for everyone to sit, not enough bathrooms and/or awkward bathrooms where people are sitting less than a foot outside the smelly men's room, no food whatsover, etc.

i have no problem with the current airport.  i don't go there to eat or shop and have no issue sitting in the nice leather chairs waiting to board while i post about how great our airport is on this #blessed board.  if slyin' wasn't so hard headed, we could have started the easy fixes a long time ago but he's being him.  there's a ton of space for amenities if they chose to open up the shuttered terminal but nope, a long list of excuses a mile long start bleeding out of their vags as to why they can't do that.  got to spend a billion, it's the only way.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: August 30, 2017, 09:02:38 AM »

A Better KCI means
A strong economic driver for regional growth and jobs  immeasurable marketing hype you don't think building a brand new airport, (followed by staffing more restuarants and shops) will increase jobs? they're talking about bringing new business into kc, not staffing the inevitable airport popeye's register.  and the airport construction jobs, many of which are from out of towners, are temporary, not the type of job you spend a billion dollars trying to attract
Improved conveniences and amenities doesn't cost $1b to improve conveniences/amenities there is no room for post-security amenities in the current layoutfix the bathroom issue
Stronger airport security and modern technology stronger security isn't needed ok?it's not my selling point, it's theirs
KC keeps its major league city status for the next generation  lol, did you get hard when you came up with that line? pretty sure phil wrote thati would be shocked if he didn't
If you don’t fly, you don’t pay  not exactly true actually it is exactly trueactually it's not, anyone close to that airport will be paying

i have no problem with the current airport.  i don't go there to eat or shop and have no issue sitting in the nice leather chairs waiting to board while i post about how great our airport is on this #blessed board.  if slyin' wasn't so hard headed, we could have started the easy fixes a long time ago but he's being him.  there's a ton of space for amenities if they chose to open up the shuttered terminal but nope, a long list of excuses a mile long start bleeding out of their vags as to why they can't do that.  got to spend a billion, it's the only way.
Here is how convenient KCI is from a family member this morning flying out on SWA. Terminal and circle lots full...economy lot bus full by B6 stop. Bathroom line 20 people long.

Anybody that tries to sell this as "shopping at the airport" simply hasn't educated themselves as to the issues at kci. Nobody cares about having a PGA store past security. Nobody.

The issue is the depth of the building doesn't allow for what modern airport terminals need between curb to pre security baggage check / customer service, security screening area, post security holding rooms (planes are getting bigger and kci enplanements are increasing), and gate line up areas...not to mention putting amenities in that post security area. It's not that A is empty and could be used...it is more of the same problem.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: August 30, 2017, 09:06:58 AM »
Sad to see 'clams reduced to propaganda tactics generally reserved for slyin' james smdh
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: August 30, 2017, 09:46:19 AM »
so what's slyin' james motive in all this? he gonna get rich?